Mac Crash - "Developer Tools Access needs to take control of another process for debugging to continue"

Beezwax&Nectar

The Destroyer
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Mac OSX 10.10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
MacOS Sierra V10.12.5
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB / Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 4.48.05 PM.jpg

I was tearing down an old base I was moving out of before the game froze, prompting me with this system message. The base was pretty high up in the sky, On a floating island. I don't remember what exactly prompted this crash because I didn't think this prompt was related to terraria at first.

Bump: It happened again (1.4.0.5 this time), I tried inputting my password; still crashed. I should note that my game was lagging a lot this session, too. I was on a corpse run, and It was the morning after a blood moon, and skeletron prime attacked my world (didn't summon him he spawned), but I think it probably has more to do with the lag than whatever I was doing.

Another thing worth noting is that the world's progress reset to whenever the game last saved, which was most noticable after the first crash, when I had to tear down my base again, and since my character reset at a different time, I still had the items from the base I just tore down, duping the components for the base.

And checking my programs to see which was using the most memory, I saw a program at the top that I'd never seen before: 'talagent' (Developer tools access?) It was using up almost 4GB of memory. No idea if this thing is related to terraria or the crash in any way. And looking at activity monitor again making this post, it's still running.

I hope the information here helps a bit, I just wrote down as much as I could remember

I'm not sure how much of this is Terraria-induced, but the error message is definitely not directly caused by Terraria:

The error message is something related to your Mac installation itself.

Google also indicates that "talagent" is something like a Mac version of Window's Task Manager:

So while it is possible Terraria is causing a crash or an error of some sort, the Developer Tool Access and Talagent elements are unrelated.

Back
Top Bottom