PC Crash on terraria 1.3.5 after 5/10 min gameplay

Crow Crown

Terrarian
Hi all,
Since 1.3.5 came out I won't be able to play more then 5 or 10 minutes. Than the game crashes, and it's giving me no information about the crash. It just simply stopped working.
Terraria worked fine on 1.3.4 but for some reason it can't handle the game at 1.3.5 and further. I do not use any mod.
I did a few things to try to make it work, but it all failed;
  • I deleted and reinstalled .NETx40
  • I deleted and reinstalled xnafx40
  • I deleted and reinstalled Terraria itself. I kept the saves since there is alot effort put into it.
  • I created a new character and a new world, to start fresh. Hoping that the saves were corrupted or something.
  • I turned off Steam cloud support and turned it off inside the game on any character and world aswell.
  • I used the steam option "Verify Integrity of Game files".
All this did not work.
Terraria is by the way downloaded through steam.

My PC information:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @2.00GHz 2.00 GHz
RAM: 6,00 GB
Type of system: 64 bits

I loved the hours I spent into this game and would like to continue to enjoy the new features. Is there something else I could do to fix this problem?

Last edited:
Hi all,
Since 1.3.5 came out I won't be able to play more then 5 or 10 minutes. Than the game crashes, and it's giving me no information about the crash. It just simply stopped working.
Terraria worked fine on 1.3.4 but for some reason it can't handle the game at 1.3.5 and further. I do not use any mod.
I did a few things to try to make it work, but it all failed;
  • I deleted and reinstalled .NETx40
  • I deleted and reinstalled xnafx40
  • I deleted and reinstalled Terraria itself. I kept the saves since there is alot effort put into it.
  • I created a new character and a new world, to start fresh. Hoping that the saves were corrupted or something.
  • I turned off Steam cloud support and turned it off inside the game on any character and world aswell.
  • I used the steam option "Verify Integrity of Game files".
All this did not work.
Terraria is by the way downloaded through steam.

My PC information:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @2.00GHz 2.00 GHz
RAM: 6,00 GB
Type of system: 64 bits

I loved the hours I spent into this game and would like to continue to enjoy the new features. Is there something else I could do to fix this problem?

Hi,

I apologize for my approximate English.. But I've the same problem for severals weeks where i'm playing.

Everytime, Terraria crash after 5-10 minutes gameplay as you.

As you, I try severals things to solve the problems :
- Verify integrity of game files.
- Delete/Reinstall Terraria.
- Delete/Reinstall .Net Framework.
- Disable Firewall and Antivirus.
- Create a new character on a new world.

But it persists... After
As Crow Crown's problem, Windows tells me Terraria stopped working.
I'ved the problem on my PC last week. So I play on my Laptop waiting find a solution, but the Laptop have the same problem today...

About my PC :
- Windows 7 Professional x64
- Processor : i7 3930K / Ram : 32Go

About my Laptor :
- Processor : i5-2520M / Ram : 4Go.

In the eventviewer, I have :

Do you have any solution?I don't have yet.

See you.

Hi,

I apologize for my approximate English.. But I've the same problem for severals weeks where i'm playing.

Everytime, Terraria crash after 5-10 minutes gameplay as you.

As you, I try severals things to solve the problems :
- Verify integrity of game files.
- Delete/Reinstall Terraria.
- Delete/Reinstall .Net Framework.
- Disable Firewall and Antivirus.
- Create a new character on a new world.

But it persists... After
As Crow Crown's problem, Windows tells me Terraria stopped working.
I'ved the problem on my PC last week. So I play on my Laptop waiting find a solution, but the Laptop have the same problem today...

About my PC :
- Processor : i7 3930K / Ram : 32Go

About my Laptor :
- Processor : i5-2520M / Ram : 4Go.

In the eventviewer, I have :

Do you have any solution?I don't have yet.

See you.

Thank you for sharing your problem. I'm not sure if we have the same problem but your problem does sound familiar. I hope the Tech support will help us ( and all the others) soon. Since I'm waiting 2 weeks without an answer.

I think the issue is now resolved for my computer.

The issue appears to have been that Windows was trying to sync my "My Games" folder on my computer with OneDrive, and Terraria was trying to auto-save while it was still syncing the last save.

I turned off the auto-syncing by right-clicking the folder, then selecting "Choose OneDrive folders to sync."

This appears to have resolved the issue.

Thanks for everyone who offered input on this issue!

I think the issue is now resolved for my computer.

The issue appears to have been that Windows was trying to sync my "My Games" folder on my computer with OneDrive, and Terraria was trying to auto-save while it was still syncing the last save.

I turned off the auto-syncing by right-clicking the folder, then selecting "Choose OneDrive folders to sync."

This appears to have resolved the issue.

Thanks for everyone who offered input on this issue!

It sounds like that could help me. But I do not understand how you managed to turn off the auto syncing. I went to the "My Games" folder, but I did not find the option "Choose OneDrive folder to sync", or anything related to sync at all.

Would you tell me in detail where to find that option?

Kind regards,

It sounds like that could help me. But I do not understand how you managed to turn off the auto syncing. I went to the "My Games" folder, but I did not find the option "Choose OneDrive folder to sync", or anything related to sync at all.

Would you tell me in detail where to find that option?

Kind regards,

Sorry I didn't see your reply earlier.

Make sure you're in the "My Games" folder, in OneDrive > Documents, not the "Games" folder inside of This PC > Documents.

Let me know if that works!

About me, I haven't OneDrive on my PC. So, the issue remains.

I will continue to seek a solution.

I've been having the same problem, but it seems to be based in the world file. my player data remains intact after it crashes, but my world reverts.

Sorry I didn't see your reply earlier.

Make sure you're in the "My Games" folder, in OneDrive > Documents, not the "Games" folder inside of This PC > Documents.

Let me know if that works!
I don't have a OneDrive on my pc either. thanks for explaining anyways.

I've been having the same problem, but it seems to be based in the world file. my player data remains intact after it crashes, but my world reverts.
That is true. You might be right!

there is a setting in-game called auto-save. disabling it will fix the random crashing, but not crashing from saving & exiting.

there is a setting in-game called auto-save. disabling it will fix the random crashing, but not crashing from saving & exiting.
been a while since you posted this, but i just wanted to let people who are having crash problems know that this will fix it

Hi everybody. I know the last reply on this was almost 2 months ago, but I was just going to say that if all the other suggestions on this fail(which is what happened for me), what I do is everytime you turn off terraria restart your computer. This makes all crashing temporarily stop, but it also means about every 15 minutes if playing youll have to restart your computer. If anyone has any better ways of fixing this problem please tell me.

Hello all.
I too suffered from this problem. About an hour ago, I tried something and I haven't had a crash yet. I believe the problem has something to do with file-locking. I ran across a post on another site that said when they disabled OneDrive from syncing content their problem went away. I tried this and still had crashes. However, I was also syncing with iCloud and Google Drive. Once I disabled all of these cloud clients, I no longer experienced crashes. It's only been an hour, but that's better than I've seen yet. Someone else, please try this and tell us your mileage!

Back
Top Bottom