Xbox One Crash on world selection menu

Captain Morgan

Terrarian
I have been unable to play the game at all the past 4 hours. When I pick my character the game freezes up and boots me back to Home. I've tried shutting my Xbox off and back on several times, and even tried re-installing the game. Is this happening to anyone else and/or does anyone know what is wrong?

Thank you, I submitted a console bug. I have been able to play a couple of times. Once after rebooting my console and once more after I noticed I had an Xbox update ready to install, which I did. In both cases I thought the issue had gone away, but now I've learned my lesson. If I manage to get into a world again, I might just never shut my Xbox off again, which sucks because a lot in this game relies on access to multiple worlds :(

That's definitely not intentional. I'm sure they'll see what they can do about it ASAP. Hopefully they can fix it soon :/

Yeah, me too. I've been trying to do whatever I can to fix this at my end for quite a while now, but I think I've tracked this down to be a bug I can't do much about. I can play the game fine offline, so I think it might be caused by the game when it searches for other servers in my friends list. Or maybe cloud related, as this problem occurred first when the cloud problems started. Either way there are no real easy way for me to troubleshoot it. I have too many friends on my list to delete them all and I can't access Microsoft's cloud.

I am having the same exact issue today as well. It started last night after my game crashed during the Wall of Flesh fight and booted me to xbox home screen. Now I can't load any worlds either. It just freezes.

A couple of things I noticed in my situation.

1. It works perfectly offline, no freezing at all. Just go to Settings -> Network -> Go offline to test
2. Even with a wipe of saved data it freezes. That is with a fresh character and no worlds. I used two different methods to test this. First was I booted the game up on my brothers console, downloaded save, then wiped it from his console and the cloud (the save was still on my console). The other was to delete local save on my own console and cancelling the synchronization. In both situations I had no prior saves, obviously.

To me it appears that there is something tied to the gamertag itself that causes the issue. What I can think of is that there is something on Microsoft's end (probably an error with the cloud - seeing as my error first occured during the cloud outage).

I can actually join other friends' games in progress if I go to their profile and select "Join game", but all my stuff is in my own world, and at this point (70-80 hours in) I really don't want to start all over.

I've tried to reach Xbox support and 505 Games through twitter, but so far no response.

A couple of things I noticed in my situation.

1. It works perfectly offline, no freezing at all. Just go to Settings -> Network -> Go offline to test
2. Even with a wipe of saved data it freezes. That is with a fresh character and no worlds. I used two different methods to test this. First was I booted the game up on my brothers console, downloaded save, then wiped it from his console and the cloud (the save was still on my console). The other was to delete local save on my own console and cancelling the synchronization. In both situations I had no prior saves, obviously.

To me it appears that there is something tied to the gamertag itself that causes the issue. What I can think of is that there is something on Microsoft's end (probably an error with the cloud - seeing as my error first occured during the cloud outage).

I can actually join other friends' games in progress if I go to their profile and select "Join game", but all my stuff is in my own world, and at this point (70-80 hours in) I really don't want to start all over.

I've tried to reach Xbox support and 505 Games through twitter, but so far no response.
I suggest emailing 505 directly, they're more responsive in that case, include everything you know about the error.

Please any information in regards to fixing this issue, post to this thread. I've emailed them and left a response through your link in sig as well. Hopefully it gets resolved, for I am in the same boat of hours spent into it and I'd prefer to not have to start all over....

I am having the same problem and it has been like this for three days. I called 505 games this morning to let them know about this problem but all they had for me was "wait 24 hours and a technician will get to you via email". Great.... -_- this basically means I spent $20 on a game that I can't even play now. If this matter does not get fixed soon then a refund should be given out to those who are having this issue.

Hopefully a technician will contact you, maybe some correspondence might squash this bug once and for all. Let us know how it goes! I haven't heard from 505 yet, but then again it hasn't even been 24 hours since I contacted them.

Last edited:
I had a update recently and still not fixed, and no e-mail from them either shows how much they appreciate their customers I am still waiting on a response like the guy said but I'm not holding my breath.

Back
Top Bottom