Xbox One Crash on world selection menu

That's a dang shame you guys can't play :( I guess I'm lucky that I don't have this issue. Hope I don't jinx myself o_O.

Thanks again for the response and advice and, to the sympothizers, yup... it sucks. We started a new world on my friend's account and are rebuilding and I've moved all of the most important items and mats over, so we still have a game. It is really annoying to have to go offline to grab more stuff, though. My big worry is that they'll just push this to the side as it seems to be very rare. Hopefully, that's not the case.

I can't see how 505 would be unaware of the issue. I've contacted them twice through their contact form, e-mail and twitter, already back in November when it first started happen. I even received corresponded (shortly) with someone at 505, and the final e-mail I received was Nov 25 where they basically just said they knew about the issue and were working on it. Sounds a bit to me the error is of little importance to me, which would simply be baffling. I don't think I have ever seen such a major bug survive this long and through at least one patch.

If they have any issues recreating the problem, they could get back to us who has it and work with us in tracking down the bug and squashing it, but like most other companies they are on radio silence like I feared they would be when I first contacted them.

It's been a while since I actually played Terraria, obviously, but I still cannot help but feel cheated as it only took the game 5 days to break on me.

@Captain Morgan

First off... add us. :) We have a small group that plays this game regularly.

Gamertags: DocZombiePhD, KinderMortem, UndeadKingMako, KreepyJackalope, and Mr Wiznerd. We'd love to have you in our game or help you with your's (provided this helps, obviously).

Second, I may have found... well, not a fix... but possibly a loophole around the glitch to let others play in your worlds. I haven't been able to test this with my friends to confirm if it works, yet. However, if you start the game offline, pick your character, then go back online again before choosing a world, it will allow you to take your world online.

It still freezes if you start online or try to change worlds, but I'm testing how this effects world changes and/or inventory, as well as other players. I'll keep you updated.

EDIT: After every scenario I could think of, it seems to have no effect on my personal inventory or world saves. Although, I still haven't had the chance to see how this effects the people joining my world. Should hopefully have more on that tomorrow.

EDIT 2: I can officially confirm that doing this has no negative effects on anyone who joins the game. Again, while it's not a fix and is both annoying and inconvenient, it does allow full play of the game,

Last edited:
I had a similar if not same problem that involved my cloud and sync data, being that my game froze after pressing anybutton at start screen. I tried multiple things to fix it, and what worked for me was resetting MAC address. (Settings->Network->Advanced Settings->Alternate MAC address->Clear MAC adress) this will restart Xbox and for me it allowed me to select which data to use, console or cloud and allowed me to play game as if the glitch/freeze never happened.

I had a similar if not same problem that involved my cloud and sync data, being that my game froze after pressing anybutton at start screen. I tried multiple things to fix it, and what worked for me was resetting MAC address. (Settings->Network->Advanced Settings->Alternate MAC address->Clear MAC adress) this will restart Xbox and for me it allowed me to select which data to use, console or cloud and allowed me to play game as if the glitch/freeze never happened.
I just registered to say Thank you. We were having this exact issue on my son's Xbox One and your fix resolved it. Much appreciated!

Same Problem here. I'm getting really frustrated about this. Since two or three months I absolutely couldn't play even once. This issue seams to happen more often than I thought and nothing changes. That's not what I paid for.

Same Problem here. I'm getting really frustrated about this. Since two or three months I absolutely couldn't play even once. This issue seams to happen more often than I thought and nothing changes. That's not what I paid for.
Have you tried ZukaReaper's method? ^^^

Yeah same happens to me and I've also tried ZukaReaper's method and it didn't fix it. It's so annoying. I have both a digital and disc copy. I'm in the second month of not being able to play in my own world, while online. :mad:

Yeah same happens to me and I've also tried ZukaReaper's method and it didn't fix it. It's so annoying. I have both a digital and disc copy. I'm in the second month of not being able to play in my own world, while online. :mad:
That is frustrating. I wonder if this issue has something to do with how X1 runs cloud saves.

I deleted all my saves and even sent off my Xbox and got a replacement Xbox! Nothing has worked and i'm hoping for a patch or the new update to fix it.
What I mean is, X1 Terraria seems to default to "Cloud Saves" when connected to XBL, so if there's an issue with that connection it might be causing the crash. So more of a software issue than a hardware one. It might be Terraria's fault for how it's interacting with that system. I've noticed that on X1 you don't have the option to choose a 'storage device' and everything always synchs when I log onto my friend's X1.

That's a dang shame you guys can't play :( I guess I'm lucky that I don't have this issue. Hope I don't jinx myself o_O.
Thanks again for the response and advice and, to the sympothizers, yup... it sucks. We started a new world on my friend's account and are rebuilding and I've moved all of the most important items and mats over, so we still have a game. It is really annoying to have to go offline to grab more stuff, though. My big worry is that they'll just push this to the side as it seems to be very rare. Hopefully, that's not the case.
I have had the same problem on the Xbox one version of terraria and when playing halo reach on the Xbox one so I don't think that it is 505's fault I think that it's a Microsoft problem because the Xbox one and ps4 versions are programmed the same but for the different controller layouts so if you were to complain to a authority you shall report this issue to the Xbox support website https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one

Okay, I think I have the same problem.
I'm on the Xbox 360 version of the game, and I have this world that has ALL of my important stuff, other than the souls, which are in my safe.
Anyway, one day I start up my world and it freezes at 30-40 percent of loading.

I can get on other worlds, and made a replacement world, and I'm really doing well.
Aaaaand that's the reason my inventory is filled up most of the time, even my bank and safe.

I have been unable to play the game at all the past 4 hours. When I pick my character the game freezes up and boots me back to Home. I've tried shutting my Xbox off and back on several times, and even tried re-installing the game. Is this happening to anyone else and/or does anyone know what is wrong?
Did you do any dup glitches in that world?

Back
Top Bottom