PC Crash when hosting server (V1.3.4.3)

Beaverrac

Empress of Light
I have been playing terraria for quite a while now and have never had problems with crashing before. Recently I wanted to start a new world with some friends to try out the crossover update but when I tried to host a server (non dedicated) my game crashed. I tried verifying my game cache and re-installing but neither worked.

I have 16GB of RAM, Intel i7 octo-core, AMD Radeon R9 290, windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

This is the crash log:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The requested operation requires elevation
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at Terraria.Social.Steam.NetClientSocialModule.LaunchLocalServer(Process process, ServerMode mode)
at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

I have been playing terraria for quite a while now and have never had problems with crashing before. Recently I wanted to start a new world with some friends to try out the crossover update but when I tried to host a server (non dedicated) my game crashed. I tried verifying my game cache and re-installing but neither worked.

I have 16GB of RAM, Intel i7 octo-core, AMD Radeon R9 290, windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

This is the crash log:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The requested operation requires elevation
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at Terraria.Social.Steam.NetClientSocialModule.LaunchLocalServer(Process process, ServerMode mode)
at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

Delete your Json files to make sure they are not corrupted, and try hosting it with the Dedicated file.

I deleted my jsons and it would appear that that was not the problem. As for the dedicated server I am unable to use it as I have ipv6. (If you know of a way to get a terraria server to work with ipv6 I would love to know)

I deleted my jsons and it would appear that that was not the problem. As for the dedicated server I am unable to use it as I have ipv6. (If you know of a way to get a terraria server to work with ipv6 I would love to know)

This is the reason of the crash actually, Terraria does not support IPv6, you can only join other servers then, you cannot host and play because 127.0.0.1 is in IPv6 format will not work for Terraria.

ah ok thanks. I knew that terraria didn't support it but I didn't know that would effect the non-dedicated host.

ah ok thanks. I knew that terraria didn't support it but I didn't know that would effect the non-dedicated host.

The non dedicated host hosts an instance of Terraria Server, but automatically connects you to, since you do not have IPv4, you cannot join it and Terraria crashes.

so two of my friends both have ipv6 and they can host just fine, I don't think this is the problem

<double post merged by staff>

My friend came over to my house and was able to host a working non-dedicated server on MY WIFI so I can confirm ipv6 is not the problem, it has to be something with my computer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom