Mobile Crashing on drawing map

Ryan0675

Terrarian
Your Terraria Device
iPad 4
Mobile OS
IOS 12.5.4
I recently found a glitch with terraria mobile that I also found a work around for. To avoid it from happening you just have to disable the map. However this is very annoying. This only seems to happen on the latest version of terraria mobile as it started happening immediately as I updated the game. It only seems to happen on large/worlds that came from before the update as I created a new world without the map being disabled and it worked fine. I’m not sure why this actually happens though. It doesn’t make the game unplayable if you do disable the map however it is extremely annoying. Thanks in advance for any help.

I recently found a glitch with terraria mobile that I also found a work around for. To avoid it from happening you just have to disable the map. However this is very annoying. This only seems to happen on the latest version of terraria mobile as it started happening immediately as I updated the game. It only seems to happen on large/worlds that came from before the update as I created a new world without the map being disabled and it worked fine. I’m not sure why this actually happens though. It doesn’t make the game unplayable if you do disable the map however it is extremely annoying. Thanks in advance for any help.
Hi there @Ryan0675 welcome to the forums and thanks for sharing your workaround. :)

A workaround of disabling the map is normally needed, from what I’ve seen, after a player has brought their character to an online server that may be using modifications, or if a player is using a third-party app related to Terraria (apps for all item worlds, apps to join multiplayer easier, etc).

If the world is not loading this is a problem that should be looked into. However, if other tools are in play (online servers, third-party apps) there’s not much that can be done by the Terraria devs because the problems are being caused from things outside the game, not the game itself.

Hi there @Ryan0675 welcome to the forums and thanks for sharing your workaround. :)

A workaround of disabling the map is normally needed, from what I’ve seen, after a player has brought their character to an online server that may be using modifications, or if a player is using a third-party app related to Terraria (apps for all item worlds, apps to join multiplayer easier, etc).

If the world is not loading this is a problem that should be looked into. However, if other tools are in play (online servers, third-party apps) there’s not much that can be done by the Terraria devs because the problems are being caused from things outside the game, not the game itself.
I have actually never been on an online server before and I noticed after the update the game began to crash far more often from once every couple hours to once every ten minutes or so

one of the crashes resulted in some of my stuff being lost and some being duplicated anything recently in a chest pulled into my inventory was kept in my inventory and the chest was reverted to what it was done time before the crash anything that had just been put in the chest was deleted in this case my solar armour luckily in my case I had a lot of resources so I made a new set very easily however others may not be in such a good situation

@Ryan0675, looking at the info you described, your iPad isn't running the latest software update (the latest iOS update is iOS 14.6)
Try updating the iPad's system software to the latest then try testing the bug again. :)

@Ryan0675, looking at the info you described, your iPad isn't running the latest software update (the latest iOS update is iOS 14.6)
Try updating the iPad's system software to the latest then try testing the bug again. :)
Well it’s on iOS 12.5.4
I think that’s the alters version for iOS devices that can’t receive iOS 13 and up updates
Although an update might be required for iOS 12.5.6? I’m unsure what the number is anymore ever since I left my iPhone 6 and went to a 7

Back
Top Bottom