Creating a Multi-Biome Key Farm

Myth

Terrarian
There are probably answers to this, but I can't seem to word it right in Google so I thought I'd ask here.

Basically I'm trying to build a multi-biome key farm to unlock the chests in the dungeon. I currently have a layer of 50x4x50x4x50 ice blocks for the ice, crimson, and hallow keys, as I've already got the Jungle key. the 50 is the Hallow-Ice-Crimson, all having ice blocks so I can get the ice biome key.

What I'm wondering is, do hallow mobs spawn from hallow ice blocks and the same for the crimson ice blocks?

You can't farm for hallowed and corruption/crimson keys using the same farm as those biome's will cancel each other out. Corruption and Crimson doesn't cancel each other though, so both of those can be farmed in the same farm.
A very good design for farming keys is described on the wiki.

There are probably answers to this, but I can't seem to word it right in Google so I thought I'd ask here.

Basically I'm trying to build a multi-biome key farm to unlock the chests in the dungeon. I currently have a layer of 50x4x50x4x50 ice blocks for the ice, crimson, and hallow keys, as I've already got the Jungle key. the 50 is the Hallow-Ice-Crimson, all having ice blocks so I can get the ice biome key.

What I'm wondering is, do hallow mobs spawn from hallow ice blocks and the same for the crimson ice blocks?
Yea that's easy, make a long row of corruption, under it make a row of crimson, under that a row of hallow, skip 6 spaces down make a row of ice, a row of jungle an then stone, all you gotta do is actuate them all an make switches, just actuate the ones your not trying to farm at the moment, then hit switch an change biome an farm that one an keep going, can also use solutions to change the stone for the right one if you dont get it, make it all out of stone an use solutions so you can change it without switches an actuators. it's very easy, I hope you under stand, like this it should look as example

Crimson. xxxxxxxxxx
Hallow. xxxxxxxxxx
Corruption xxxxxxxxx

Ice. xxxxxxxxxx
Jungle. xxxxxxxxxx
Stone xxxxxxxxxx

Back
Top Bottom