Creating a Texture Pack - A Guide for the Inexperienced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news: I was able to figure out how to convert the PNGs to XNA format on Windows Vista through 8! (possibly 10, can't test)

Thing is, it is quite complicated, and I don't even know if there is demand for me to write a guide. Let me know if you're interested!

I would also like to know if Astrolotl would be willing to simply add it to the guide page, assuming it's up to his standards. It would save him some time, and help people coming to this thread.

Your own texture-pack creator? What is Terraria becoming... "Mini-Minecraft".

Wait, it already is! :D:confused:

I got really excited about texture pack support, but when I navigated to my Terraria folder, the .zip file does not exist! I already enabled experimental features. Help!

Attachments

• Libraries.PNG
    Libraries.PNG
    35.1 KB · Views: 228
I got really excited about texture pack support, but when I navigated to my Terraria folder, the .zip file does not exist! I already enabled experimental features. Help!
That's the wrong terraria folder. The right one is in your steam folder under Commons. Or something like that.

I don't feel like this thread fits in it's proper place now that there's texture pack support.

It probably still works, but there's now a much easier method. :indifferent:
Could it be an option to make a new thread? since this one will likely be the first one people will visit if they want to make a texture pack.

Hi, as a more visual person, I prefer to have images used when explaining certain things. I see you have done that, but PhotoBucket seems to be giving me some issues.
PhotoBucket Issues.png
Do you think you could change the hosting site to something like imgur, so we don't have issues like this?

As noted, this process has been changed/simplified with experimental* texture pack support within the game.

https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...e-pack-support-and-world-seeds.51452/#Texture

To avoid further confusion, I'm going to lock this.

*"Experimental" means - it may undergo changes in future updates, but since it's been in the game for nearly a year, I think it's doubtful that it will be removed altogether at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom