PS4 Creating identically named characters, and deleting one removes map data from the other. Reappearing identically named characters. (To be tested?)

BlooFuzzehKing94

Empress of Light
I started creating a character (will refer as character “A”), failed to realize the default character difficulty is Journey. Loaded a world, also didn’t notice the Journey world difficulty (due to selecting a Journey character), and played for a bit.
Realized my oversights, made a new, identically named, Classic character (character “B”), deleted the original Journey world, and made a new Classic world.
I played a bit, even played a little with a friend, but since I’ve since played by myself with character “B”, on the new Classic world for many hours now.

I deleted the original character “A” (mainly out of OCD, and knowing I wouldn’t be playing Journey mode any time soon), and when I logged in to the Classic world with character “B” the map of the world would be cleared.
This would be the case every time I occasionally deleted the strangely reappearing character “A,” and nothing else tied to character “B” would be altered, or unsaved as far as I could tell…
I didn’t notice this (possible) connection until a bit before I posted this.

I’d figure the simple solution would be to not to delete character “A” anymore, and to not make identically named characters, or even maps (if that’s also something that potentially causes a problem…). I, or anyone else, could also do further testing to confirm, and etc… but I figure I would report this as it stands, especially with the strange, reappearing deleted character with the same name as another character.

- Bloo

Was this character b played in 1.4? If not, well that happens to all players from 1.3 and such…
But if it is in 1.4, that is odd because if you create a character with the same name it adds some sort of way of 2, 3 or whatever so then it knows it’s a different character, so that is a odd if it is from 1.4 because that is really bad because well…. It needs to tel the difference between 2 characters, so it isn’t 1 file…

I’m playing the current version on PS4, which I think is 1.4.something. (Maybe they haven’t gotten to this specific bug, yet?)

But yeah, you’d think the game would make both some kind of “tag” to tell the difference… I dunno… Very odd indeed!

I’m playing the current version on PS4, which I think is 1.4.something. (Maybe they haven’t gotten to this specific bug, yet?)

But yeah, you’d think the game would make both some kind of “tag” to tell the difference… I dunno… Very odd indeed!
Yeah you hadn’t answered my question is this b character from 1.3? And have you played with that character in a world in 1.4

Back
Top Bottom