CC Creation Compendium #19

No no it was an educated comment, some of those pixel arts are pictures I have seen on Google images just copy and pasted to tedit. Though a few of those houses are pretty good and I can tell were made by hand due to so much in depth detail. :) just a few of those builds (roblox's build) lack creativity because it was copy and pasted and bam done.

Don't mind me tediters I only consider it building when something is made in the actual game itself. And unlike most the people here I don't fish for likes, so I have the spine to state my true opinion... Look at the builders lemonzest and fury-elevator, they have more skill than any person that relies on tedit :)

I think the most dedicated Terraria players deserve the most attention instead of copy and pasters who make builds in 5 minutes. Not saying all teditors are bad but just the ones who copy and paste pixel art from google thus relying on the program.

I think this is unnecessarily harsh. There are tons of very talented builders that use TEDIT, and TEDIT speeds up construction - it isn't a substitute for talent. Put it this way - without TEDIT you wouldn't be privileged to see such a huge amount of new content, and you wouldn't see as many grand or highly polished constructions since it can be quite tedious to go through so many iterations in-game until perfection is achieved.

This is one of those "be careful what you wish for" situations.

No no it was an educated comment, some of those pixel arts are pictures I have seen on Google images just copy and pasted to tedit. Though a few of those houses are pretty good and I can tell were made by hand due to so much in depth detail. :) just a few of those builds (roblox's build) lack creativity because it was copy and pasted and bam done.

Don't mind me tediters I only consider it building when something is made in the actual game itself. And unlike most the people here I don't fish for likes, so I have the spine to state my true opinion... Look at the builders lemonzest and fury-elevator, they have more skill than any person that relies on tedit :)

I think the most dedicated Terraria players deserve the most attention instead of copy and pasters who make builds in 5 minutes. Not saying all teditors are bad but just the ones who copy and paste pixel art from google thus relying on the program.

The build I linked in my post is hand made no Tedit and if anyone used Tedit to build any build in that CC#19 they have no skill as a builder and don't belong there. not one of them require Tedit and all can "easily" be made by hand. if you are going to accuse players of using a program to build then please show some proof of such or don't open your mouth at all good sir. I have scoured the internet for builds and all the builds I see here I would like to see you repost as proof pictures of other peoples builds of the same build. Do this for me and I shall stand corrected :D

The truth hurts doesn't it :)

9dHzxRN.png

Pix.jpeg

But I will tell you right now, I rarely see good builds on console ps3.. Most people don't have the patience or skill. But there are a few out there who do :)
like me, it's just I doubt a huge build would be made by hand considering anyone can tedit it easily... I don't think I would ever attempt some of the tedit builds on this site in my world considering it takes up most of the map :)

But the shadow was probably made by hand personally because of how small of a build it is.. the giant yellow robot is likely tedited. (I have no idea what the name is, sorry.) I really doubt somebody would go to so much effort to build something that big if I can just make it in a few mins with a software program. I hope somebody could post me the yellow guy's name I would love it. :)

Last edited:
But enough of the rant, I don't see anything wrong with tedit tbh.
But if you copy and paste something in 5 mins don't expect to get a medal :)

Or don't claim you put a lot of time into a build or more :red:s like me will call BS:)

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure most people who duplicate pixel art are using a reference picture from Minecraft (as clearly seen in your previous post) just because it's easy to see the block layout and you can count each individual block to get a good idea of how it will turn out in a 2D perspective. Some people may copy paste, but I think more often than not people are hand building.

For example this one in particular took me a couple of hours.

2yRIux0.png
at32brN.png
OUoJmPh.png

It's much bigger than Shadow the Hedgehog up there, yet I didn't use TEdit at all. So don't go assuming people are copy pasting everything. You probably can't fathom how much time people actually spend building certain things.

Or don't claim you put a lot of time into a build or more :red:s like me will call BS:)

If you need a program to build these and you cant build by hand that is no reason to assume everyone else lacks skill like you apparently do. Come to my server ill build you anything you want by hand and prove you are a total noob at building :D
Good day to you sir.

View attachment 8737

View attachment 8738

But I will tell you right now, I rarely see good builds on console ps3.. Most people don't have the patience or skill. But there are a few out there who do :)
like me, it's just I doubt a huge build would be made by hand considering anyone can tedit it easily... I don't think I would ever attempt some of the tedit builds on this site in my world considering it takes up most of the map :)

But the shadow was probably made by hand personally because of how small of a build it is.. the giant yellow robot is likely tedited. (I have no idea what the name is, sorry.) I really doubt somebody would go to so much effort to build something that big if I can just make it in a few mins with a software program. I hope somebody could post me the yellow guy's name I would love it. :)

By the way this isn't what I asked for I asked you to show me these builds as Tedit schematics... The image you have shown is able to be built by hand only you need a different kind of image for Tedit so you sir obviously are a total noob please refrain from making further comments. Once again sir...... Good day to you :D

Can you guess which one I built by hand?
Screenshot (17).png

As noted above, this is an exhibition. It is NOT a competition.

If you guys would like to discuss the pros and cons of external programs - though I will remind all parties to do so without attacking other users and under a banner of mutual respect - please feel free to take it to profiles, PM, or a thread in that regard.

Thanks

As noted above, this is an exhibition. It is NOT a competition.

If you guys would like to discuss the pros and cons of external programs - though I will remind all parties to do so without attacking other users and under a banner of mutual respect - please feel free to take it to profiles, PM, or a thread in that regard.

Thanks

I will abide by your decision here but I stand by all I have said and I don't think any entry doesn't deserve to be in this exhibition in my opinion any build that enters is a part of a CC and deserves to be there. I do however feel the need to correct an uninformed remark about Tedit because none of these builds deserve to be berated by a random player because he thinks he knows what process players used to achieve their end results. I will refrain from using the word "noob" in any further comments i make in relation to this player in this thread or any other but I don't apologise for it :D

Attachments

• Screenshot (123).png
    Screenshot (123).png
    354.1 KB · Views: 887
Again, CC is to celebrate - not judge - the creations of others.

It's inclusiveness is it's charm. Let's not get into who "belongs" and who is the "best" - just enjoy the creations, smile a little, and move on. :)

If someone disrupts that, feel free to use the report button and we will happily course-correct.

All of the builds look amazing. :)

Gah, sorry I missed this >__> Thanks for featuring my poem! :D
Dunno if its because I'm not so busy organizing, but these entries are pretty incredible, Like, damn. Even the Tedit ones :B
Also, @Luke Oliveem ?! Beautiful.

View attachment 8737

View attachment 8738

Are you serious? A relatively common sprite converted into pixel art (probably by hand, it's a small one) doesn't mean TEdit was used.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with people using TEdit to build things. Why does it matter if I painted a house in TEdit or buzzed around building it with a hoverboard?

Hey, I have a question. Does my submission have to be specificly Terraria related, or can I just draw something unrelated to Terraria?

Back
Top Bottom