CC Creation Compendium #34

Capture 2016-02-27 17_00_03.png

This is my entry for the next creation compendium

So, considering the spoiler thing (since @Scarecrow brought that up in the Most Post/Most Likes poll), why is it that all the entries are put in a spoiler for the sake of cutting down on loading times, barring one, which happens to be one of the largest images in the entire CC?

So, considering the spoiler thing (since @Scarecrow brought that up in the Most Post/Most Likes poll), why is it that all the entries are put in a spoiler for the sake of cutting down on loading times, barring one, which happens to be one of the largest images in the entire CC?
We kept one so that the CC is still relatively nice to look at on the front page.

We kept one so that the CC is still relatively nice to look at on the front page.

I mean, yes, it's a beautiful painting, but it's images like these (as in ridiculously huge in file size) that forced the rest of the CC in spoilers to begin with. That's ironic at best, outright unfair at worst.

I mean, yes, it's a beautiful painting, but it's images like these (as in ridiculously huge in file size) that forced the rest of the CC in spoilers to begin with. That's ironic at best, outright unfair at worst.
The problem largely seemed to be coming from sheer amounts of images, rather than singular ones. It not unusual for any front page thread to have a few images in it, and I feel having one really isn't a problem.

I'd like to hear what @Tunnel King thinks, as he seemed to be a driving force behind spoilering the CC.

The problem largely seemed to be coming from sheer amounts of images, rather than singular ones. It not unusual for any front page thread to have a few images in it, and I feel having one really isn't a problem.

I'd like to hear what @Tunnel King thinks, as he seemed to be a driving force behind spoilering the CC.

It comes for a sheer amount of poorly optimized images, such as this one. I think it's somewhat unfair that the featured image is part of the (easily solved) problem.

Like I said before, why don't we just solve the problem by putting a file size limit on CC entries, instead of just sticking it somewhere else, away from the front page?

The amount of real estate that a single CC was taking up on the front page was an issue for many as well - when it takes a significant amount of scrolling to get to the next article. It could easily dominate and overshadow other news-worthy items. I think it's more to do with that than the byte size or format of any individual image. The front page is basically Re-Logic's (and to a lesser extent, 505Games') advertising space for their products and interests, and when it comes down to it that should take precedence.

The articles always cut off at some point anyway, and you have to click over to the full article/thread of the CC to see all of the entries in any case.

It comes for a sheer amount of poorly optimized images, such as this one. I think it's somewhat unfair that the featured image is part of the (easily solved) problem.

Like I said before, why don't we just solve the problem by putting a file size limit on CC entries, instead of just sticking it somewhere else, away from the front page?
I'm afraid that testing each file for it's size is just not feasable. Organising the CC takes up a lot of time as it is.

It takes like 8 seconds per image. I'd happily do it for you.
It's not just the checking, it's also replying to tell the entrant, and then adding their entry again, and making sure not to forget it under the piles of other entries.

We're going a bit off topic here, if you wish to discuss this further, feel free to PM me.

Back
Top Bottom