CC Creation Compendium #73

wow, curt's is amazing... no matter how long i look at it, i can't figure out how it works.

it looks almost 3D, it's crazy. :dryadhappy:

i am terrible at creation, so i could never hope to enter into these things... i am a destroyer, not a creator.

This is disgusting, and I hate looking at it, but it's so cool that I can't stop looking at it.

Please send help.
[doublepost=1565561383,1565560867][/doublepost]
Either I can't do this because I don't have a good version of Terraria, or I am just bad at art. I haven't decided yet. :confused:

You're just bad at art (at least where this game is concerned), but that's okay. It just takes practice.

I'm not GREAT at it either, but I went from being completely hopeless to being semi-decent by just looking at the work other people would do, i.e. this, and breaking it down into components. Look at the simple things a lot of people do to make the background walls in a building look interesting and detailed, instead of just an 8 by 6 wood wall. Basic combinations of 2 or 3 blocks, simple pattern recognition and contrast stuff. You piece together ideas from that, even if you're just blatantly copying someone else's design, and then you start to modify it/do your own thing with it, more and more, as time goes on.

It's a lot easier than you (probably) think it is. Just about everyone's natural reaction to this whole process is to overthink the hell out of it, myself included. You just have to tell your brain to shut up and slow down, basically, which I find is the case for a lot of mental roadblocks. I'm about 99% sure if you started doing this, you'd see improvement over time. Might be a little, might be a lot, but any improvement is better than none at all.

This is disgusting, and I hate looking at it, but it's so cool that I can't stop looking at it.

Please send help.
[doublepost=1565561383,1565560867][/doublepost]

You're just bad at art (at least where this game is concerned), but that's okay. It just takes practice.

I'm not GREAT at it either, but I went from being completely hopeless to being semi-decent by just looking at the work other people would do, i.e. this, and breaking it down into components. Look at the simple things a lot of people do to make the background walls in a building look interesting and detailed, instead of just an 8 by 6 wood wall. Basic combinations of 2 or 3 blocks, simple pattern recognition and contrast stuff. You piece together ideas from that, even if you're just blatantly copying someone else's design, and then you start to modify it/do your own thing with it, more and more, as time goes on.

It's a lot easier than you (probably) think it is. Just about everyone's natural reaction to this whole process is to overthink the hell out of it, myself included. You just have to tell your brain to shut up and slow down, basically, which I find is the case for a lot of mental roadblocks. I'm about 99% sure if you started doing this, you'd see improvement over time. Might be a little, might be a lot, but any improvement is better than none at all.
Thank you for the advice. It is very helpful

Man, I wish I had those building skills. People can create incredibly amazing builds and aesthetics that I get so impressed. Such an amazing job everyone did.

Back
Top Bottom