Creation compendium of Sam

ZaQen

Terrarian
Hello! I just thought i'd start a new thread to add in small updates that i'll be doing on my current and upcoming maps =)

My work is very geared towards playability and does not focus on sprites or making the 'big picture' interesting. My focus is to make the map look amazing from an ingame view and add a lot of mechanics to enchant that experience.

Most of what I've done are adaptations of PvP gamemodes or other multiplayer action based maps.

My biggest 'finished' project is Kindom Siege, a team based Pvp map with 10 players per team choosing between 100 different class setups and duking it out in an interactive environment.

I made a thread about it some time back but it's horribly badly updated. Anyways, here are some pictures of 'Kingdom Siege';

I've made my own version of 'Defend the Fortress' in which in add a little town and a snow theme. The special feature with this is that as times goes on, new buildings will open up and allow the attackers new gear. Along with new weapons a digital number shows the current difficulty level above the defenders' castle.

Some pictures of 'Ice DTF'

After that i made a map called 'Four Leaf Clover', this one has yet to be fully finished. It requires some balancing between teams and the classes. The map is close to finished and is played by 4 teams of 3-5 players fighting for survival. It's a gamemode focused on mobility on a jungle themed map. Here are a few pictures of it

I've made a gamemode called 'Elimination' which was initially thought of by PvPenguin. It's a 1v1 tournament for 16 players. The game has 4 rounds and ends up with one winner. Each arena has its own theme. before every fight except for the last one you are able to pick and choose a basic class to use during the next fight. The classes are Mage, Archer or Warrior and mainly focuses on the weapons and life gain per time you pick them.

Some pictures of Eliminations and its arenas;

I made a small arena for 'Team Moxon', a steamgroup that used to be active and host different PvP gamemodes and such. The map is a 1v1 duel with 3 specific classes. It's a clone from Elimination but has its own theme and classes, which aren't balanced by me so i can't take any credit for those.

A picture of Moxon Arena;

I've had a project going for a few months now that i'm calling Secrets of the Underworld aka SotU. When it's done i'm hoping it'll be a breaker to a new genre of Terraria gaming. The goal is a to break into the PvE genre without it being an honest adventure map. Making a hard map with real challenges that requires at 3 players at the minimum to beat. Each player will be playing as a character that will be introduced early on and have its own lore through out the map.

It's a massive project for one player since i'm aiming towards a map that takes 4-5 hours to beat and still not get bored during it.

In its core; Hard Pve, barely solvable puzzles, required co-op for advancement.

A few pictures of the map; (remember, these are NOT the final touch and all will most likely be revamped before i launch any of it)

I've lately started making minigames and this one is called 'Dans dans revelation'. It's more or less a 'Simon says' game at this stage, but the course itself and timing is easily editable.

A little video demonstration of it;

Back
Top Bottom