Blocks & Decoration *Creative Mode Only* Death Plain

Could this work?

• Total voters

GAMINGPEA_64

Skeletron Prime
So, creative mode is good for map making. I feel like it would be useful to have a death plain block that kills players once they touch it. It would also be invisable in game play. Like in a parkour map, you make a bottomless pit, it takes forever to kill the player. So, once they touch the death plain, they would insantly die, to let them know "Hey! This is a bottomless pit!". And yes, i know you can use lava, but, that ruins it. Like you make a space parkour map, you fall off and go flying off into earth, it would make no sense for lava to be floating in space. So with a death plain, it makes more sense.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 10.28.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 10.28.50 AM.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 115
Its coming up in 1.4. Check the terraria offical wiki.
[doublepost=1540853924,1540853907][/doublepost]Or ask a dev.
The Wiki is not authorative. Although it enforces links to a source to prevent rumours being included, things can and will change. Yes, Cenx confirmed a Creative Mode in 2017, but that was over a year ago. I agree a creative mode is very likely, but it is not definite.

A 'kill on touch' block sounds good, but we don't need creative mode for that! People already make adventure maps, so lets include it now. :)

Yes but wouldn't that make it to easy to farm monsters/bosses?
Depends how the proposed block would work. Reading the suggestion literally, it says "kills players once they touch it". But it makes sense for it to kill enemies too - perhaps any enemies killed by the block do not drop items? On a similar note, it should probably destroy any items that it comes into contact with, like lava.
Bosses that are immune to lava should also be immune to death blocks.

Depends how the proposed block would work. Reading the suggestion literally, it says "kills players once they touch it". But it makes sense for it to kill enemies too - perhaps any enemies killed by the block do not drop items? On a similar note, it should probably destroy any items that it comes into contact with, like lava.
Bosses that are immune to lava should also be immune to death blocks.
Yes but wouldn't that make it to easy to farm monsters/bosses?
It would kill Players and ONLY players.

Re: 1.4.

I think Creative Mode being put there is a way for the devs to just put off the suggestion because they don't wanna add it. I mean, 1.3.6 is basically 1.4 in that it's adding almost everything 1.3 added minus a new final boss (but we apparently have an upgrade to a Moon Lord drop... hmm). 1.3 only added two bosses, both as part of the same event to round things off, unlike 1.2. What it did instead was fill the world up with new exciting minibiomes (Granite/Marble for 1.3, Oasis for .3.6), add new weather events (Slime Rain for 1.3, Windy Day for .3.6) and new NPCs (Tax Collector for 1.3, Golfer for .3.6). We also have confirmation of a new huge amount of foods, making me think of a food system similar to Thorium relating to both health and buffs if not for the addition of hunger altogether (although I do hope not).

What I'm trying to say is, 1.4 is a way for them to say "hey. We'll do this, but we actually won't" because they're not using two digits to mark their updates anymore. This one's clearly the next big update, and they're not calling it 1.4.

Back
Top Bottom