• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

PC "CREEPER HAS AWOKEN"

Okay. I'm playing with my friend on his hosted world. We just started new characters and a new world yesterday. Today, we fought the brain of Cthulhu and beat him. We then decided to try a second time, and broke all the hearts needed to summon him. This time, when we broke the last one, we got the message "creeper has awoken" and nothing happened. After about 3 minutes of milling about searching the crimson caverns, we started to see un-killable creepers flashing around us with no brain to be seen anywhere. Has ANYONE experienced anything like this? I would like to state that this is completely vanilla, current version.

Ordinary Orange

The Destroyer
Just... wow. I’m no coding expert, but I know enough of the basics to say this is really weird. My best guess is that the game somehow mixed up the Brain of Cuthulu and Creeper enemies and spawned the Creepers as the boss mob, which, due to not being bound to an enemy, caused some really weird bugs. Please do not take my word for this though, because idk how terraria spawns bosses or enemies in general

Well, that sounds like a better explanation than I could ever come up with, lol. I only just realized my post sounds kinda like a creepypasta. I only wish I was recording it.
Just... wow. I’m no coding expert, but I know enough of the basics to say this is really weird. My best guess is that the game somehow mixed up the Brain of Cuthulu and Creeper enemies and spawned the Creepers as the boss mob, which, due to not being bound to an enemy, caused some really weird bugs. Please do not take my word for this though, because idk how terraria spawns bosses or enemies in general

Laluzi

Skeletron
Yeah - this is genuinely fascinating, but it's got enough of a core of sense to it that I don't doubt this happened. (Especially since it's multiplayer. Multiplayer is like Terraria's Twilight Zone.) What an interesting bug!

This is a shot in the dark, but I wonder if the BOC was killed (and somehow went vulnerable - maybe a latency issue?) in the previous fight with a Creeper somehow still alive? It'd be impossible to check now, but trying to think of anything that might have messed with the spawn of the next one... It sounds like the Creepers somehow ended up with the Brain's AI if they were invulnerable, slowly moving, and teleporting around you. It is odd that they took so long to reach your position, but then again, it's also possible they spawned somewhere much farther away than they were supposed to be.

Some more points to narrow this down:

-How did you get rid of them? Did they despawn offscreen? Once you left the Crimson? Did you teleport away or log off?
-Was the Brain of Cthulhu's boss music playing?

Ordinary Orange

The Destroyer
Yeah - this is genuinely fascinating, but it's got enough of a core of sense to it that I don't doubt this happened. (Especially since it's multiplayer. Multiplayer is like Terraria's Twilight Zone.) What an interesting bug!

This is a shot in the dark, but I wonder if the BOC was killed (and somehow went vulnerable - maybe a latency issue?) in the previous fight with a Creeper somehow still alive? It'd be impossible to check now, but trying to think of anything that might have messed with the spawn of the next one... It sounds like the Creepers somehow ended up with the Brain's AI if they were invulnerable, slowly moving, and teleporting around you. It is odd that they took so long to reach your position, but then again, it's also possible they spawned somewhere much farther away than they were supposed to be.

Some more points to narrow this down:

-How did you get rid of them? Did they despawn offscreen? Once you left the Crimson? Did you teleport away or log off?
-Was the Brain of Cthulhu's boss music playing?
^^This^^.I would note that you are using multiplayer, which is prone to bugs like this. Maybe it was a client-server issue, in which your friend could have potentially killed the last Creeper. This caused the game to not register the death entirely but still continue the boss fight to the second stage. Therefore, apon respawning the brain, it found the bugged Creeper and decided it was the boss entity and assigned the AI to it, due to it being part of the normal boss spawn. Thus it gave the Creeper an army of creepers, confusing the heck out of the game.

Top Bottom