• Absolutley!

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Awful, Why?

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

PixelPete

Skeletron
I really want to see IT (the movie)
and I had a thought of a cool IT inspired Terraria item so here you are, the creepy red balloon.
It's a lot like the shiny red balloon except the colour is a lot darker (creepier in my opinion) and the string is solid black
It is a 5% chance drop from a clown during a Blood moon (post plantera), I usually get 1-3 clowns so it would take a couple blood moons acquire unless your'e extremely lucky.

The creepy red balloon is a 'set' of wings equivalent to the mothron wings, when activated the player floats up and his/her eyes glow yellow like pennywise. While equipped, the merchant has an extra conversation line: I could buy that creepy looking balloon of you for a big penny , that would be wise.....

Tool tip : possessed by a cosmic entity
sell price: 15 gold
allows fast flight and slow fall

creepyredballoon (1).png

Update:
While equipped you will occasionally see a red balloon float into the sky in the background, a small paper boat on water and yellow eyes glowing in dark places like caves

Also equipping the balloon gives the party girl a new conversation line,
"Usually when I see a balloon I want to PARTY but this one doesn't seem right"

Having this equipped ups clown spawn rate by 10% during blood moons​

Last edited:
I like the idea of a balloon as wings, and clowns should have more drops. I support this surprisingly original concept.

It reminds me that the Bundle of Balloons is an item though. I really think that item should be made easier to get and more powerful, I don't think I've ever seen anybody craft it.

I like the idea of a balloon as wings, and clowns should have more drops. I support this surprisingly original concept.

It reminds me that the Bundle of Balloons is an item though. I really think that item should be made easier to get and more powerful, I don't think I've ever seen anybody craft it.
I agree I've always wanted the bundle of balloons but it's an unrealistic aim

I love the idea, it's so unique and brilliant, I've never seen anyone suggest a item that can change visual effects in the background and a balloon as wings is a great idea, I wonder what the animation could be! ;)

You have my support!

I love the idea, it's so unique and brilliant, I've never seen anyone suggest a item that can change visual effects in the background and a balloon as wings is a great idea, I wonder what the animation could be! ;)

You have my support!
Thanks you for the support
[doublepost=1506633335,1506633297][/doublepost]
Honestly, I don't think that this movie was good enough or relevant enough to deserve its own item in a completely unrelated game.
Everyone I know who's watched has a said it was amazing but thanks for your honest opinion

And I think it's a cool idea and I'm not being cocky or self righteous

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't think that this movie was good enough or relevant enough to deserve its own item in a completely unrelated game.
Eh, could be argued otherwise, movie is not the only embodiment of "IT", merely an adaptation. If not popular in cinemas, the book was still world-renowned and deserving of its own standalone reference. Disclaimer: Dark red balloon was mentioned in novel.

I did on Console once.

Well, this is a pretty sweet idea, I'd say. Very unique and beautiful idea, and I do hope it gets added into Terraria someday! The fact that a balloon does what a wing does is pretty unique by itself, and the background idea is just brilliant. I'll probably spend like 20 minutes trying to catch all of those features in the background =P The line by the party girl is pretty nice too.

Well, this is a pretty sweet idea, I'd say. Very unique and beautiful idea, and I do hope it gets added into Terraria someday! The fact that a balloon does what a wing does is pretty unique by itself, and the background idea is just brilliant. I'll probably spend like 20 minutes trying to catch all of those features in the background =P The line by the party girl is pretty nice too.
Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom