Crimson and Corruption, why is not legal?

Shivan

Terrarian
Ive been playing since 1.1, and since the 1.2 patch there is one thing i cant understand, why is not allowed for the player to spread Crimson on a Corruption World and vise versa? ok you can do it by going to another world and bring the seeds, i just dont understand it, on 1.2 initial release i remember that if you where on a Crimson World, during the Blood Moon, the Driad will sell the Corruption seeds, but that was a bug and it was patched, i dont known why the driad cant sell both seeds on Blood Moon.

And now, with 1.3 while fishing we can get minerals that are not in your world, like getting Copper on a Tin World, what is just useless to my opinion and yet we cant get seeds to spread corruption and crimson by this way either.

Ive been playing since 1.1, and since the 1.2 patch there is one thing i cant understand, why is not allowed for the player to spread Crimson on a Corruption World and vise versa? ok you can do it by going to another world and bring the seeds, i just dont understand it, on 1.2 initial release i remember that if you where on a Crimson World, during the Blood Moon, the Driad will sell the Corruption seeds, but that was a bug and it was patched, i dont known why the driad cant sell both seeds on Blood Moon.

And now, with 1.3 while fishing we can get minerals that are not in your world, like getting Copper on a Tin World, what is just useless to my opinion and yet we cant get seeds to spread corruption and crimson by this way either.
For seeds: Kill the eye of cthulu. It drops corruption seeds on crimson worlds.
For ores:Extractinator. Nuff said
For clentimator,: You already explained

why is not allowed for the player to spread Crimson on a Corruption World and vise versa?
Says who, exactly? I never had any trouble doing that. If you're trying to please those maniacs with the addiction of "one char for one world and :red:ING QUIT GIVING ME ADVICE ABOUT CRIMSON ITEMS BECAUSE I'M HAVE A CORRUPTION WORLD!!!", you better not try, because they refuse to be persuaded.

If.... well... you're talking about why we can't have both biomes in one world without jumping worlds.... it is exactly because we can jump worlds that it isn't necessary. It takes little to no effort to bring some blocks and create your own biome in another world.

And by the way, jumping worlds is perfectly legit, in my eye.

Says who, exactly? I never had any trouble doing that. If you're trying to please those maniacs with the addiction of "one char for one world and :red:ING QUIT GIVING ME ADVICE ABOUT CRIMSON ITEMS BECAUSE I'M HAVE A CORRUPTION WORLD!!!", you better not try, because they refuse to be persuaded.

If.... well... you're talking about why we can't have both biomes in one world without jumping worlds.... it is exactly because we can jump worlds that it isn't necessary. It takes little to no effort to bring some blocks and create your own biome in another world.

And by the way, jumping worlds is perfectly legit, in my eye.

What feels legitimate to you doesn't have to feel the same to others. Some things can be good ideas without being absolutely necessary, too. Enough people have expressed interest in this change to be considered, I think, despite the number of people trying to dismiss the feature for others because they wouldn't benefit enough themselves.

Also, to those like myself who play through the game exclsuviely multiplayer with one or two specific other people, "jumping worlds" is a far less legitimate "feature". It can be difficult enough to get everyone connected and playing without having to disconnect everyone so they can all reconnect again to farm a crimson/corruption boss for twenty minutes and gather seeds only to reconnect yet again.. which has just as much if not more downtime (with world loading and players connecting.. sometimes multiple times thanks to Steam/isp goofiness) for a two hour game session. It is disruptive to the flow of the game and yes, feels like a hacky bridge instead of a "legitimate feature".

Personally, I see absolutely no reason why the option shouldn't exist to have a world generate with crimson on one side and corruption on the other side of the map (and while I'm at it, generate all metals naturally should you want it... on large maps at the very least). The biggest thing that would need to be solved, in that case, would be how the hardmode starter crimson, corruption, and hallow conversion "beams" work.

Meh, Crimson & Corruption both deserve to die in extinction imho & the only good from them existing to start with is just so ya can grab Deathweed Seeds to transfer Deathweed's home into Clay Pots or Planters. After that both Biomes can kiss Extinction. Frankly I wouldn't put up with the Hallow if it wasn't for the Dryad wanting it & I give in to her wishes cause she's hot. :dryadhappy:

Even then i'm thinking of possibly just murdering all my World's Crimson then having just a single farming patch of Hallow in one spot in the World only to make her happy while having the rest of my World ordinary. Seriously, screw both the Dark & the Light in Terraria, NEITHER of them is good imho. If Hallow was good in Terraria, the Hallow Enemies wouldn't thank the Dryad for her support of them by trying to kill her! :nymph: (I dunno if i'll ever understand the Dryad...)

Meh, Crimson & Corruption both deserve to die in extinction imho & the only good from them existing to start with is just so ya can grab Deathweed Seeds to transfer Deathweed's home into Clay Pots or Planters. After that both Biomes can kiss Extinction. Frankly I wouldn't put up with the Hallow if it wasn't for the Dryad wanting it & I give in to her wishes cause she's hot. :dryadhappy:

Even then i'm thinking of possibly just murdering all my World's Crimson then having just a single farming patch of Hallow in one spot in the World only to make her happy while having the rest of my World ordinary. Seriously, screw both the Dark & the Light in Terraria, NEITHER of them is good imho. If Hallow was good in Terraria, the Hallow Enemies wouldn't thank the Dryad for her support of them by trying to kill her! :nymph: (I dunno if i'll ever understand the Dryad...)
The Dryad says you need to try harder for anything but if the world's in balance on both sides. So frankly you're pissing her off.
What feels legitimate to you doesn't have to feel the same to others. Some things can be good ideas without being absolutely necessary, too. Enough people have expressed interest in this change to be considered, I think, despite the number of people trying to dismiss the feature for others because they wouldn't benefit enough themselves.

Also, to those like myself who play through the game exclsuviely multiplayer with one or two specific other people, "jumping worlds" is a far less legitimate "feature". It can be difficult enough to get everyone connected and playing without having to disconnect everyone so they can all reconnect again to farm a crimson/corruption boss for twenty minutes and gather seeds only to reconnect yet again.. which has just as much if not more downtime (with world loading and players connecting.. sometimes multiple times thanks to Steam/isp goofiness) for a two hour game session. It is disruptive to the flow of the game and yes, feels like a hacky bridge instead of a "legitimate feature".

Personally, I see absolutely no reason why the option shouldn't exist to have a world generate with crimson on one side and corruption on the other side of the map (and while I'm at it, generate all metals naturally should you want it... on large maps at the very least). The biggest thing that would need to be solved, in that case, would be how the hardmode starter crimson, corruption, and hallow conversion "beams" work.
The game should never cater to someone playing multiplayer who limit themselves to one world. If your friends don't like it, get new people to play with.

It really depends on what you want and how to do it. Crimson and corruption are mutually exclusive on world gen for a few reasons, but the game eventually gives you tools to VERY easily have both in your world if you do a little importing. It's not illegitimate, but for the sake of cohesive playthroughs it shouldn't be assumed that the player is able to get resources from the other world type.

As far as corruption and crimson as biomes in the world, don't try to clean them up. You'll only hate yourself later when you realize many, MANY extremely important materials and weapons can only be found in them. You want evil biomes around. Dryad is lying to you. Embrace them, and embrace the hallow too while you're at it, you need a ton of both.

It really depends on what you want and how to do it. Crimson and corruption are mutually exclusive on world gen for a few reasons, but the game eventually gives you tools to VERY easily have both in your world if you do a little importing. It's not illegitimate, but for the sake of cohesive playthroughs it shouldn't be assumed that the player is able to get resources from the other world type.

As far as corruption and crimson as biomes in the world, don't try to clean them up. You'll only hate yourself later when you realize many, MANY extremely important materials and weapons can only be found in them. You want evil biomes around. Dryad is lying to you. Embrace them, and embrace the hallow too while you're at it, you need a ton of both.
Evil Biomes are gonna die... but only after I get what I can use from them & they run outta use. Hallow i'll put up with in one spot, but this is MY World & it can't have it, especially when it too tries to kill me while looking grossly Fairyish.

... wait a minute... now that I think of it, are there any important Crimson/Corruption Fishing Fish?

What feels legitimate to you doesn't have to feel the same to others.
And what feels illegitimate to you is not necessarily so. The developers gave us the ability to carry items, tools and blocks from another world, and we can do it quite easily. If they had no intention of letting players do that, they could have as easily locked characters to worlds. But no, they did not. This is a feature since 1.0.1, and they could've rectified it much earlier if they see it as bad.

Also, to those like myself who play through the game exclsuviely multiplayer with one or two specific other people, "jumping worlds" is a far less legitimate "feature".
Same as above. I will agree that changing worlds with multi is more cumbersome, but that's because the game is mainly designed around single-player. You will find lack of resources quite quickly once you play with 4 people and above, especially with predetermined world-gen items, like certain accessories/weapons.

Personally, I see absolutely no reason why the option shouldn't exist to have a world generate with crimson on one side and corruption on the other side
This I can agree with, but I will say I am tired of people claiming jumping worlds is illegitimate when it is currently impossible to experience all of Terraria with just one world.

... wait a minute... now that I think of it, are there any important Crimson/Corruption Fishing Fish?
Wrath potion - more damage
Rage potion - crit chance

Both of them very useful in battle. Pretty sure there's a couple more, but can't be bothered to check. I think lifeforce and heartreach?

Evil Biomes are gonna die... but only after I get what I can use from them & they run outta use. Hallow i'll put up with in one spot, but this is MY World & it can't have it, especially when it too tries to kill me while looking grossly Fairyish.

Well, that's your call and all, but have fun running out of ichor to make ammo/flasks, pixie dust to make potions, souls to make boss summons for fun and profit, unicorn horns for holy arrows, crystal shards for a whole lot of things, and each biome's swanky woods. Oh, this also counts rainbow brick, too. What kind of fun hater decides they don't want a source of rainbow brick in their world!?

Fish too. Wrath and rage, as mentioned. Hallow fish also go into a couple of neat potions as well.

Personally i always think of world jumping as some kind of a cheat, it was needed for multiplayer, where a large number of players will just take every item on the dungeon, caverns and islands, and you dont going to have items left for making accessories, hell you probably be unable to kill some bosses like the Queen Bee. And NOW that was fixed by fishing, for example we can fish gold chest in the dungeon to get items, we can fish on islands to get items... Fishing is a way to get missing items whiout world jumping.

And here we are talking about a missing biome on the world, right now, we can fish up the minerals that do not exist on our world, why no the seeds too, that make no sence. Crimson and Corruption have diferent items, with diferent uses, and you gona be missing a boss, its logical for someone to want to have a chance to get both.

And personally, expert mode should have a chance to spawn both biomes from the start.

There have been complaints about worldgen oddities. I think they're inevitable, or nearly so, given the vast possibilities for conflict between various structures.

Imagine how much more difficult the worldgen's task would be if it had to squeeze in dungeon, oceans, Lihzahrd Temple, and both crimson and corruption. I think we'd see a lot more broken features, dungeons with the entrance filled with blocks, impossible temples, and so on.

And what feels illegitimate to you is not necessarily so. The developers gave us the ability to carry items, tools and blocks from another world, and we can do it quite easily. If they had no intention of letting players do that, they could have as easily locked characters to worlds. But no, they did not. This is a feature since 1.0.1, and they could've rectified it much earlier if they see it as bad.

Same as above. I will agree that changing worlds with multi is more cumbersome, but that's because the game is mainly designed around single-player. You will find lack of resources quite quickly once you play with 4 people and above, especially with predetermined world-gen items, like certain accessories/weapons.

This I can agree with, but I will say I am tired of people claiming jumping worlds is illegitimate when it is currently impossible to experience all of Terraria with just one world.

Wrath potion - more damage
Rage potion - crit chance

Both of them very useful in battle. Pretty sure there's a couple more, but can't be bothered to check. I think lifeforce and heartreach?
Ohh, those sound tempting... Sorry Dryad, I may wanna keep a small Crimson Lake for fishing those after all... Give me a better option then i'll give ya what ya want.

Well, that's your call and all, but have fun running out of ichor to make ammo/flasks, pixie dust to make potions, souls to make boss summons for fun and profit, unicorn horns for holy arrows, crystal shards for a whole lot of things, and each biome's swanky woods. Oh, this also counts rainbow brick, too. What kind of fun hater decides they don't want a source of rainbow brick in their world!?

Fish too. Wrath and rage, as mentioned. Hallow fish also go into a couple of neat potions as well.
I won't be needing Ammo, i'm a Melee, & Flasks I am unsure on the worth of. Pixie Dust I won't run out of cause i'll be keeping a small farming Hallow area. Wood can kiss my butt, I only use it for grunt stuff like Torches & don't care what species it is for that task.

Rainbow Brick is not my cup of tea. I'm still pondering which Building Material to fav, but current contenders for me are Slime Blocks, Pumpkin Blocks, Glowing Mushroom Blocks, Meteor Brick, & Smooth Granite. I am NOT a Rainbowy kinda person.

There have been complaints about worldgen oddities. I think they're inevitable, or nearly so, given the vast possibilities for conflict between various structures.

Imagine how much more difficult the worldgen's task would be if it had to squeeze in dungeon, oceans, Lihzahrd Temple, and both crimson and corruption. I think we'd see a lot more broken features, dungeons with the entrance filled with blocks, impossible temples, and so on.
Compromise, Worlds could generate with both, but one could be small with maybe 3 of their breakable & the other could be normal as is now & they'd always be on opposite sides? Maybe second one being small like that would allow it to be available without being large enough to cause more interference with other stuff?

I understand your point, i've seen such anomalies before, for example, a diagonal Abandoned Minecart Track broke down the middle by a Generated Underground House's Upper-Right Corner.

Back
Top Bottom