Crimson and Corruption, why is not legal?

There have been complaints about worldgen oddities. I think they're inevitable, or nearly so, given the vast possibilities for conflict between various structures.

Imagine how much more difficult the worldgen's task would be if it had to squeeze in dungeon, oceans, Lihzahrd Temple, and both crimson and corruption. I think we'd see a lot more broken features, dungeons with the entrance filled with blocks, impossible temples, and so on.

Yeah, but lets say that is not a priority, having both on expert mode maps at wolrd generation whould be good at the long run, maybe having one at the left and one at the right instead of those cases of the same one on both left and right.

The main concern to me is behing unable to get the seeds whiout world jumping, fishing was added as a way to avoid having to do wolrd jumping for items, it puzzles me that we still have to do wolrd jumping to get either corruption or crimson seeds, there is a real reason not to allow that? i dont see the harm in it.

fishing was added as a way to avoid having to do wolrd jumping for items
That's one of the benefits of fishing, but I think it was one of many reasons. Possibly not a reason but a side-effect.

I've no objection if the devs decide to another way to get seeds. That wouldn't involve the worldgen at all, and would harm nothing.

Another idea, could maybe add a new Event that was kinda like a Crimson/Corruption Coop Strike vs us that would cause dropage of Seeds from both types? Devs might go for this kinda idea more cause it'd be lazier work. :merchanttongue:

Edit: Or, actually, a refinement on the idea... Event: Corruption VS Crimson, where forces of each type would approach the World Spawn from opposite sides (Which side came from which would be random) & meet in the middle to fight each other & us Terrarians alike, while us Terrarians are literally caught in the middle of it & their fighting each other instead of Cooperating is just plain the only reason the Event's not completely invincible?

Ew, never both biomes during world gen pl0x.
Corruption destroying my beatiful landscape is enough.
Crimson looks decent at least, not just random huge holes in the ground. '-'
If only Crimson didn't have those blasted herplings or whatever they are called...

Oh, did ya mean Dryad wants both the Evil & Good Biomes to get kicked out? Did she finally wise up?
No, they mean that light isn't good per se, and dark isn't bad per se. They are both different sides to the same coin.

Since both biomes hurt you, they can both be considered as 'bad'. But really they are just opposite phenomena in the Terraria universe.

If I want yet another biome destroying my land, I'll make it by myself.

I'm done more than enough with my Snow always being covered for at least half of it with Crimson/Corruption.

No, they mean that light isn't good per se, and dark isn't bad per se. They are both different sides to the same coin.

Since both biomes hurt you, they can both be considered as 'bad'. But really they are just opposite phenomena in the Terraria universe.
Dark isn't bad... that's rich. :p Also I already know Light isn't good here... there's even a TVTrope for that, & Terraria definitely fits it. Unicorns trying to Gore Dryad to death as Dryad cheerleaders the Hallow on is plenty enough proof of that. ;)

Also, sadly Dryad's not gonna get what she wants anyway, I found out Crimson has Fish fishable from it that makes Potions I WANT to be able to make & use, so sorry Dryad, ya will have to make me a better offer if ya want the Corruption/Crimson 100% exterminated.

I would keep the evil thingy that is corrupting my world if it were not for the random outbreaks of that 1% :red:ing hidden site of crimson/corruption

Back
Top Bottom