Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
So we are in hard mode and I have a clentaminator at hand, but every time we cleansed around the main hub town it would come back in blocks recently cleansed. Is this because of multiplayer or some other glitch?

I can confirm it wasn't anyone in game trolling as I personally watched regular sand turn into crimson sand in front of me with no immediate blocks nearby.

Breaking Crimson Altars will cause a random block in your world to be converted to either its Crimson or Hallow variant. What you are seeing could be the result of a random block spawning in another area and spreading outside of the initial Crimson/Hallow "V" formation.

Are you playing Expert / Master Mode? The spread increases during these modes.

EDIT: Nevermind, world difficulities doesn't seem to affect spread.

Last edited:
I am playing normal mode, so we could all get back into the game.

As for the crimson altars we weren't breaking any at the time, so I would cleanse, walk away and then come back to the sand corrupted again. We dug it all out and watched sand change in front of us. Someone panicked and blamed it on crimson torches from earlier but there were none of those around either. This is all in sand that is inside the Clentaminator range. I wish I got footage of it.

It tends to spread pretty quick through sand because every type of natural sand block can be infected and it is typically bunched together in the deserts. With the rest of the underground, there is space between caverns and dirt which blocks the spread through stone somewhat. It is possible one of your friends infected an area or that an area was missed with the clentaminator.

Back
Top Bottom