Items Crimson & Corruption: Fishing Balances [Sprites]

Chasm perch should....

• Total voters

MiltVala

Plantera
Crimson and Corruption fishing balances.png

Corruption gets the Purple Clubberfish, a slow but decent early-mid prehardmode broadsword weapon. Crimson gets Heart Reach potions, one of the most useful potion in the game.
That means if your world has Corruption, no heart reach, in crimson, no Clubberfish for early game.

Not exactly balanced is it?

kdcROYP.png

Introducing: A simple way to balance out evil biome fishing
divider.png

Corruption

The Purple Clubberfish is all cool and everything, but the only use it has is for early-mid prehardmode.

What I purpose is to have a fish for Corruption to balance out the Crimson Tigerfish.

But first off, the Purple Clubberfish is pretty underpowered, so let's buff it and give it hammer power (proposed by @SzGamer227 )

Purple_Clubberfish.png

Purple Clubberfish

Type: Tool (Hammer)
Damage: 36 (from 24)
Power: 60%
Knockback: 7
Max stack: 1
Rarity:
Rarity_color_1.png

Use time: 34 (slow)
Sell:
Gold_Coin.png
x1

Chasm Perch.png

Chasm Perch

Rarity:
Rarity_color_1.png

Sell: 7
Silver_Coin.png
Copper_Coin.png

Can be caught in the Corruption at any elevation.

The catch rate of these will be 1:7, along with Ebonkoi which should also have this rate (currently 1:24)

These could either also be used in Heart reach potions, or alternatively, a new and different potion.

Here are a few concepts

Potion vile.png

Vile Potion

Type: Potion
Max stack: 30
Rarity:
Rarity_color_1.png

Use time: 16
Tooltip: Attacks send vile spit hurdling toward enemies
Grants Buff:
buff vile shots.png
Vile Shots
Buff Duration: 8 minutes
Buff Tooltip: Attacks shoot Vile spit
Sell: 2
Silver_Coin.png

So, what the vile potion does is send vile spit flying toward your enemy each time you hit an enemy (like the Orichalcum set bonus). These attacks have less velocity, wall hack, and deal damage equal to the target's defense (caps at 50 damage). And just to make it fair, only two shots can be fired per second.

potion shadow step.png

Shadow Potion

Rarity:
Rarity_color_1.png

Tooltip: Grants a 10% dodge chance
Grants Buff:
buff shadow step.png
Shadow Step
Buff Tooltip: You have a 10% change to dodge all damage
Silver_Coin.png

Pretty self explanatory. Not sure if it should stack with the black belt/ master ninja gear.

potion star fall.png

Starfall Potion

Rarity:
Rarity_color_1.png

Tooltip: Increases pickup range for mana stars
Grants Buff:
buff Star fall.png
Starfall
Buff Tooltip: Increased mana star pickup range
Silver_Coin.png

A bit iffy with this one as it caters to magic weapons only. Self explanatory, would probably stack with the Celestial cuffs/emblem.
Name suggested by @Firearrow15

All potions will be crafted with Chasm Perch, Daybloom, Moonglow, and bottled water at an alchemy station.

divider.png

Crimson

If you get crimson, you won't be getting any nifty fishing weapons.

Meet the Slaughter head, a faster, lower damage broadsword type weapon to balance that out.

Slaughter Head.png

Slaughter Head

Type: Tool (axe)
Damage: 30
Power: 75%
Knockback: 5
Rarity:
Rarity_color_1.png

Use time: 27 (average)
Sell:
Gold_Coin.png
x1

Type: Weapon (broadsword)
Damage: 20
Rarity:
Rarity_color_1.png

Sell:
Gold_Coin.png
x1
Simple enough right? Catch rate would be identical to the Purple Clubberfish (1:50)

divider.png

Pretty simple right? Feedback is always appreciated!
index.php

Banner Code:
Code:
[URL=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/crimson-corruption-fishing-balances-sprites.16019/][IMG]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/crimson-and-corruption-fishing-balances-png.42425/[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
View attachment 42425

Corruption gets the Purple Clubberfish, a slow but decent early-mid prehardmode broadsword weapon. Crimson gets Heart Reach potions, One of the most useful potion in the game.
That means if your world has Corruption, no heart reach, in crimson, no Clubberfish for early game.

Not exactly balanced is it?

kdcROYP.png

Introducing: A simple way to balance out evil biome fishing
divider.png

Corruption

The Purple Clubberfish is all cool and everything, but the only use it has is for early-mid hardmode.

What I purpose is to have a fish for Corruption to balance out the Crimson Tigerfish.

View attachment 42423

Chasm Perch

Rarity:
Rarity_color_1.png

Sell: 7
Silver_Coin.png
Copper_Coin.png

Can be caught in the Corruption at any elevation.

These could either also be used in Heart reach potions, or alternatively, a potion to increase mana star pickup.
The catch rate of these will be 1:7, along with Ebonkoi which should also have this rate (currently 1:24)

divider.png

Crimson

If you get crimson, you won't be getting any nifty fishing weapons.

Meet the Slaughter head, a faster, lower damage broadsword type weapon to balance that out.

View attachment 42424

Slaughter Head

Type: Weapon (broadsword)
Damage: 20
Rarity:
Rarity_color_1.png

Sell:
Gold_Coin.png
x1

Simple enough right? Catch rate would be identical to the Purple Clubberfish (1:50)

divider.png

Pretty simple right? Feedback is always appreciated!
index.php

Banner Code:
Code:
[URL=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/crimson-corruption-fishing-balances-sprites.16019/][IMG]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/crimson-and-corruption-fishing-balances-png.42425/[/IMG][/URL]
I'd vote but there is no hammer option, I jest.

What about these guys:
Hemopiranha.png
Ebonkoi.png

They have the same status as the ones you suggested: only obtainable in one world. Otherwise support.

What about these guys:
Hemopiranha.png
Ebonkoi.png

They have the same status as the ones you suggested: only obtainable in one world. Otherwise support.
Ebonkoi and Hemopiranha are counterparts, one buffs crit, the other buffs damage. So I chose to leave them alone. The two I listed here have no counterparts.

Ebonkoi and Hemopiranha are counterparts, one buffs crit, the other buffs damage. So I chose to leave them alone. The two I listed here have no counterparts.
Which is why I voted for "mana star attraction." It creates a counterpart as opposed to the same potion. A good name for it might be "Mana Cry Potion"

I like this. I always thought it was weird that Corruption had a weapon instead of a potion fish. I usually only fish at endgame, so the purple cluberfish is basically useless to me.

I like the mana-star attraction potion, because it is a counterpart like the above said. The effects should stack with the celestial magnet, or else it would be overshadowed by the accessory with the same effects.
Maybe call it the starfall potion?

I like this. I always thought it was weird that Corruption had a weapon instead of a potion fish. I usually only fish at endgame, so the purple cluberfish is basically useless to me.

I like the mana-star attraction potion, because it is a counterpart like the above said. The effects should stack with the celestial magnet, or else it would be overshadowed by the accessory with the same effects.
Maybe call it the starfall potion?
If the effect didn't stack, it would be pretty damn useless
index.php

I'll be contemplating future potion names, but I do like the sound of Star Fall.

Not really that I use fish weapons or potions a lot, but I didn't know that only crimson worlds has heartreach potions (yeah, I've ever crafted them)

Support for surviving invasions in corruption.

index.php

Everything looks good, and the sprites are as good as ever, so you've one my support. :)

Anyways, as for the Chasm Perch, I'd rather it be used for some sort of support Potion other than Heartreach (because Hearts are more of the Crimson's thing than the Corruption), but also something that isn't Mana related. I already am uncomfortable with how Corruption gets a number of Magic accessories that Crimson doesn't, and a magic-oriented Potion would make it even worse. I'd say something stealth-related would fit nicely... maybe a Potion which makes the user semi-transparent and gives them a chance to dodge attacks?

One thing to keep in mind is that the celestial magnet and its upgrades already do the same thing as the heartreach potion with mana stars. That said, I don't necessarily think having the Chasm Perch used in Heartreach potions also would be the best thing. Otherwise, though, support!

Clubberfish is a hammer...?
One thing to keep in mind is that the celestial magnet and its upgrades already do the same thing as the heartreach potion with mana stars. That said, I don't necessarily think having the Chasm Perch used in Heartreach potions also would be the best thing. Otherwise, though, support!
We need heart reach accessories.

Nice sprites, and very well formatted. I like this idea, and I feel that it should grow a lot, because a lot of people have problems with fishing. For example, this
Wrath_Potion.png
and this
Rage_Potion.png
are more than a little annoying to not have in certain worlds.

The wrath potion increases damage by 10% whereas the rage potion increases critical hits by 10%.
Exactly. They both provide a +10% combat bonus. Wrath Potion is obtained in the Corruption. Rage Potion is obtained in the Crimson. They are both obtained just as easily as each other, and in the same exact way; Wrath Potion requires you to catch Ebonkoi while Rage requires you to catch Hemopiranha, which can then be combined with Deathweed to obtain the respective potion.

I don't get how you don't realize that they are counterparts of each other.

Exactly. They both provide a +10% combat bonus. Wrath Potion is obtained in the Corruption. Rage Potion is obtained in the Crimson. They are both obtained just as easily as each other, and in the same exact way; Wrath Potion requires you to catch Ebonkoi while Rage requires you to catch Hemopiranha, which can then be combined with Deathweed to obtain the respective potion.

I don't get how you don't realize that they are counterparts of each other.

I just mean that theres a difference between 10% extra damage and a 10% higher crit chance... I think?

Back
Top Bottom