Items Crimson/Corruption/Hallow Blocker

ARandomUser

Terrarian
Containing the biomes that spread in hardmode is extremely tedious, and can look pretty strange. Instead of having to dig a five block wide gap to contain it, you should have an (expensive to craft) item to prevent it from spreading. It would look like some sort of purification laser, that to activate. It would shoot down from where it is placed to the underworld, meaning that if it spreads, it would only be a certain chunk of the world. You would need to prime it with a lot the solution of the biome you want to stop, but after that it goes in until you turn it off or remove it.

Huh. It sounds like you're proposing an item three blocks wide that gets referenced whenever a block on the same longitude wants to be infected by a nearby block. Which is actually a pretty clean way of doing it.

But doing it like another block state - 'can't be corrupted', like paint or actuators, actually seems more versatile to me. You'd be able to use it for builds - evil grass next to regular grass, feathered stone and ebonstone, etc - or to cordon off horizontal swathes of land as well as vertical ones. But I'm inclined to think that just placing an object and cordoning off a spreading stripe is too easy unless it requires very lategame ingredients - think the DCU (which is equally useful for sectioning off biomes, but in this case, the goal is aesthetics.) It outperforms the Clentaminator significantly and removes all urgency to one of the most difficult and time-consuming parts of the game, albeit one I think isn't that well designed. It especially outperforms when it comes to cordoning off the jungle, where thorns and vines make tunnels much dicier.

Tl;dr, I'd support something that lets an endgame player change the way spreading biomes are warded off, but not something that renders the Clentaminator or the early-hardmode panic obsolete.

Huh. It sounds like you're proposing an item three blocks wide that gets referenced whenever a block on the same longitude wants to be infected by a nearby block. Which is actually a pretty clean way of doing it.

But doing it like another block state - 'can't be corrupted', like paint or actuators, actually seems more versatile to me. You'd be able to use it for builds - evil grass next to regular grass, feathered stone and ebonstone, etc - or to cordon off horizontal swathes of land as well as vertical ones. But I'm inclined to think that just placing an object and cordoning off a spreading stripe is too easy unless it requires very lategame ingredients - think the DCU (which is equally useful for sectioning off biomes, but in this case, the goal is aesthetics.) It outperforms the Clentaminator significantly and removes all urgency to one of the most difficult and time-consuming parts of the game, albeit one I think isn't that well designed. It especially outperforms when it comes to cordoning off the jungle, where thorns and vines make tunnels much dicier.

Tl;dr, I'd support something that lets an endgame player change the way spreading biomes are warded off, but not something that renders the Clentaminator or the early-hardmode panic obsolete.

Yeah, that’s what I tried to convey by saying expensive. You would need multiple luminite bars needed to make it, as well as possibly a clentaminator. If I’m thinking like DCU, you would probably also need at least 10 of each solution. But you would be able to use it in any world regardless of progression though.

I like your idea of rotating it though, and perhaps somehow there would be an option to make it increase spread the solution you apply to it.

Containing the biomes that spread in hardmode is extremely tedious, and can look pretty strange. Instead of having to dig a five block wide gap to contain it, you should have an (expensive to craft) item to prevent it from spreading. It would look like some sort of purification laser, that to activate. It would shoot down from where it is placed to the underworld, meaning that if it spreads, it would only be a certain chunk of the world. You would need to prime it with a lot the solution of the biome you want to stop, but after that it goes in until you turn it off or remove it.
  1. IszExplosives and early-hardmode pickaxes (not drills) do the job pretty fast, and it wouldn't hurt to carry a hammer to destroy walls (such as Grass/Flower walls and sandstone walls). The clentaminator also does a perfect job of this. You could buy a large amount of solutions (red/purple and green solutions) and create a floating Island to have your own mini-biome that can be changed at will, reducing the work you have to do on the ground.

1. IszExplosives and early-hardmode pickaxes (not drills) do the job pretty fast, and it wouldn't hurt to carry a hammer to destroy walls (such as Grass/Flower walls and sandstone walls). The clentaminator also does a perfect job of this. You could buy a large amount of solutions (red/purple and green solutions) and create a floating Island to have your own mini-biome that can be changed at will, reducing the work you have to do on the ground.

That’s exactly what I mean by tedious, this would be a relatively easy solution, and I think it would fit with it being made post moon lord

Maybe instead of it being a laser it could be a solution for the contaminator. Wouldn't mind this in the game

Do you mean a solution that permanently blocks corruptible tiles from being corrupted? If so I think that is a great idea, although it would come with much more work, which is what I was trying to negate here.

Do you mean a solution that permanently blocks corruptible tiles from being corrupted? If so I think that is a great idea, although it would come with much more work, which is what I was trying to negate here.
It could be implemented in two ways. A cheap non-permanent solution or an expensive solution (Maybe event triggered or maybe a Plantera drop)

I was thinking it could block corruption/crimson from spreading to a tile just because there already exist a couple of ways to stop the spread already they're just a bit more tedious than this

Back
Top Bottom