Resolved Crimson/ Corruption patches randomly appear in world

Bshanahan

Terrarian
This has been happening since before 1.4 came to switch. I’m playing on an online world with friends, and random patches of crimson have been just appearing. Not too sure why. Also another bug, some crimson patches my friends cannot see. Others they can.

This might not be a glitch. When you destroy Demon/Crimson Altars then there is a chance that a small patch of evil biome will be spreaded to somewhere on your world.

I’m having some problems with this too. I’m currently trying to purify a large section of my world, and crimson keeps reappearing in different places. Some of this is just me missing spots while using the clentaminator, but other times my friends see crimson that isnt there on my screen. I started doing most of the purification in singleplayer which seemed to mostly fix the issue, but its still annoying if you want to purify with the help of other people.

Here’s an example. This was post golem.

Attachments

• B7F36A94-1231-4486-8DBD-AA2A799A490B.jpeg
    B7F36A94-1231-4486-8DBD-AA2A799A490B.jpeg
    675.5 KB · Views: 72
Bruh. I found out just a month ago that my friend has been spreading random crimson seeds all over the place. it was him the whole freakin time.

Wanted to drop in to share that ever since the 1.4.4 update, Demon/Crimson Altars no longer generate a random patch of infection in the world.

Looks like the cause has been found. I was going to ask if this was happening since this is on multiplayer.

If you're still playing on the world where you broke any altars before 1.4.4, then any spots that got infected will still be infected unless it has manually been removed by you or another player.

Since the thread is from May 14th, 2022 before 1.4.4 released, it is also still possible breaking the altars caused Corruption, Crimson, or Hallow to spawn in this world. Breaking future altars however will no longer spawn those random patches. You'll just have to worry about the initial infection biomes, along with the "V" that spawns in hardmode, aside from other people manually spreading it around.

Back
Top Bottom