Crimson Free World

Matthew___

Terrarian
Recently i have been looking at videos and screenshots of players worlds to see if anyone fully eliminated corruption/crimson from their single player world. I could not find any results and decided to take the task of doing this myself. I achieved this using thousands of bombs and dynamite which was funded by killing multiple bosses such as the Eye of Cthulhu and the Slime King. I also wanted to discover what the Dryad would say to a fully cleansed world. I was quite happy with the results. And yes I am aware that hard mode will ruin my crimson free world but I will be trying to remove it ALL again during hard mode.

Took aproxmatally 30 hours of game time (including farming gold)

xfjM44B.png

LIQaou0.png
IP3IpGl.png

Is that an upgraded version of the purification powder?
Yes, basically. It can be purchased from the steampunker NPC, who spawns once you defeat a mechanical boss.

It uses different colored solution to spread different biomes. Solution can also be bought from the steampunker.

Last edited:
The Clentaminator remains the single most indispensable tool in the game (the wiring stuff is the most useful, but that's a whole category), although 1.3 has brought us a surprisingly large number of very useful tools and additions.

Nice. You made two VERY disgusting holes in the world. I have no idea why anyone wouldn't just clentaminate it.

Wait, it seems you didn't know about the clentamintor. And thus probably don't know about the extent hardmode is going to ruin your effort.

Yeeeah, you're SCREWED. Really screwed. Spoiler; you actually need that crimson. Without it, you are actually locked out of content and key resources. But wait, maybe not because a huge section of your world is going to be Crimson once hardmode starts.

All in all, that little congratulatory message from Dryad was the only reward you get. Every other aspect and motivation for doing this was for absolute naught and all you ended up doing was ruining the world here forward. But hey, it's your time to waste.

Nice. You made two VERY disgusting holes in the world. I have no idea why anyone wouldn't just clentaminate it.

Wait, it seems you didn't know about the clentamintor. And thus probably don't know about the extent hardmode is going to ruin your effort.

Yeeeah, you're SCREWED. Really screwed. Spoiler; you actually need that crimson. Without it, you are actually locked out of content and key resources. But wait, maybe not because a huge section of your world is going to be Crimson once hardmode starts.

All in all, that little congratulatory message from Dryad was the only reward you get. Every other aspect and motivation for doing this was for absolute naught and all you ended up doing was ruining the world here forward. But hey, it's your time to waste.
C'mon, don't ruin the man's fun.
index.php
Who WOULDN'T nuke their world out of crimson?

Back up that world in your documents. Keep that world and rename it to something else like Pure World. Then you can keep using that world, and have it corrupted and hallow when it gets hit by the V.

1419912010579.jpg

I'd invite him to my party. IF I HAD ONE.

Also I have reason to believe that General Milky will know what the :red: he's talking about here.

I think that he is being melodramatic. First, he says he's locked out of resources. It will only take about 15 minutes to grab a doll, then initiate hardmode in another world. That primary world can be used for building but the secondary one will be used for obtaining hardmode resources. Or you can just backup your world. It's not a problem. And then he goes on to insult the OP for doing something he wanted. So he's just been stupid to be honest.

I think that he is being melodramatic. First, he says he's locked out of resources. It will only take about 15 minutes to grab a doll, then initiate hardmode in another world. That primary world can be used for building but the secondary one will be used for obtaining hardmode resources. Or you can just backup your world. It's not a problem. And then he goes on to insult the OP for doing something he wanted. So he's just been stupid to be honest.

This is a "Congratulations, you win Nothing!" situation. I would have said the same thing. You don't even get an achievement. But yeah. OP can have this. People are just entitled to their opinion.

This is a "Congratulations, you win Nothing!" situation. I would have said the same thing. You don't even get an achievement. But yeah. OP can have this. People are just entitled to their opinion.

Well, he obviously did get something. His world now is 100% pure, he'll never have to worry about the crimson. He can build a cool structure in that hole if he wants. If he wanted the world pure, it's pure. So he's won the thing he wanted.

Yeah, my post was basically demonstrating that there was no practical purpose at all in doing this. I also remember a lot of posts from back in the old school 1.1 days that were basically exactly about this. "I want to clean all the corruption, how much dynamite do I need!?"

The answer is "don't clean the corruption" because it more or less ruins your world. You need it. You need soul of night, you need Destroyer summons (though you can get the one kill you need on it by random encounter) and the quest to keep a pure world also means you cannot smash any of the altars to get the ore you need to fight them.

The fact that explosives were used to accomplish this also is telling that this player has never actually been to hardmode before and had no idea about the clentaminator, and thus, had no idea that the crimruption biomes are actually good to have around. That tiny message box from Dryad isn't worth the time spent doing this, especially the slow way.

Back
Top Bottom