PC Crimson has taken too much of my world, what do I do?

Hey, so I have a house which has four (could be more) crimson biomes: one made of Pearlstone (it converted to pearlstone after I killed the WoF, I don't know why), one made of stone (i purified, but I'm worried that the red ice that I've had to leave will spread to the ice which will continue the spread) and two untouched Crimson entrances (the big holes that lead to the Crimson hearts), I don't have a problem with the actual curing of the surface Crimson biomes, it's the underground crimstone which is spreading and scaring me. I didn't know this was spreading so much, giving it time to completely cut through the ground. I noticed this when it'd taken over my beloved desert; I've been using a clentaminator to help me. It's an easy job but there's no way, (not that I know of) to get it done 100%. I was going to make "Hellevators" but trust me, I'd be digging them out for a long time. In the photo which I've attached, the red, (it's hard to spot), has taken alot of my world over. Is it possible to get rid of it quickly without digging Hellevators everywhere? I'd have to make it wide (4, 5 or 6 blocks) to prevent the spread and also deep down so it can't go under the Hellevator.

Attachments

• pls.png
    pls.png
    439.3 KB · Views: 2,846
4 Blocks for the channels for future reference.

I've never been too concerned about how much the Hallow and Corruption/Crimson spread, but I know it bothers other people a lot. Personally you may want to consider just making a 4 block channel around important structures and areas to you, and then let it spread as far as it wants to. Only certain mobs can appear in various places like underground and the desert that drop special items so clentaminating it all away seems like a waste to me and too much effort for little to no reward.

Though, if you'd still like to contain the infection as much as possible here's a guide that explains the different mechanics of the spreading and purifying it. https://terraria.wiki.gg/Guide:Maintaining_world_purity

From the brief overview I looked at though, it sounds like channels and clentaminator is the best way to purify the world and keep it contained, it will be a lot of work and effort to purify it unfortunately.

one made of Pearlstone (it converted to pearlstone after I killed the WoF, I don't know why),
When the WoF is killed for the first time, it creates a V stripe in the world. One half of those stripes will be Crimson (or Corruption, if it's a Corrupt world) and the other will be Hallow. In your case, the Hallow stripe overlapped an existing area of Crimson, turning the Crimstone into Pearlstone.

one made of stone (i purified, but I'm worried that the red ice that I've had to leave will spread to the ice which will continue the spread)
Yes, Red Ice will continue to spread the Crimson.

Is it possible to get rid of it quickly without digging Hellevators everywhere? I'd have to make it wide (4, 5 or 6 blocks) to prevent the spread and also deep down so it can't go under the Hellevator.
Not in a large world. Medium or small worlds are more manageable. If you like the Hallow, you can seed some of that around. The Hallow will spread and block out the Crimson. Personally, I like to mix my Hallow and Jungle - it offers protection to the Jungle and the two can co-exist. The Snow biome can also co-exist with other biomes.

Oh, okay. The animals from the Hallow and underground Hallow are maintainable. Plus the Hallow looks nice, not ugly and red with miserable music. Will the Hallow take over the Crimson blocks if I let it? The Crimson will definitely get to my house and my home area a lot quicker than the Hallow would, so I'll place hallowed seeds around. Also, will the Hallow take over the stone blocks which make up my house? (If so, a Hellevator will fix).

Thank you for the replies! :D

Technically, the two (Hallow and Crimson in your case) will fight back and forth for control of stone/grass/sand, but they basically will enter a standstill.
If you're using stone (like, the normal stone you can mine most anywhere) then yes, but if it is any worked stone (I like grey stone bricks, or whatever the name actually is... it's like, 2 stone each) then it will be stopped.

Okay, since Hallow spreads a lot slower than Crimson, I think the best thing to is let the Crimson spread but move house and live in the Hallow.

Will the Hallow take over the Crimson blocks if I let it?
No, the two cannot convert each other.

The Crimson will definitely get to my house and my home area a lot quicker than the Hallow would
Crimson and Hallow spread at the same speed, but the Crimson probably has a bigger starting area to spread from. You can move the Steampunker to the Hallow to get a Clentaminator solution from her to spread the Hallow.

Also, will the Hallow take over the stone blocks which make up my house?
Yes, if you are using a block type that can be converted (usually stone, sandstone or ice). Bricks, wood and themed blocks are safe.

Oh, okay. Thank you all. I'll move my Steampunk girl to the Hallow and I'll let the Crimson and Hallow fight; when they've met I'll use the clentaminator to spread the Hallow and hopefully it should be easier to block out the Crimson with Hallow.

Back
Top Bottom