crimson or corruption?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like them both equally, to be honest.

Corruption....

Pros:

1). Vilethorn! The earliest weapon in the game that pierces solid walls.
2). Easier enemies in Pre-Hardmode; the are all flying enemies that are easily knocked back infinitely with the Demonite/Crimtane sword.
3). Ancient Shadow Armor can drop, which means you get geared faster and need fewer boss kills.
4). EoW is a joke of a boss fight.

Cons:

1). Terrain is a nightmare to navigate. One slip and you're dead unless you have a grappling hook. Even with a GH, you might miss your attempts to latch onto something.
2). The thorn vines can hurt at early gear levels and are annoying.
3). Vile Mushrooms everywhere are annoying and waste all kinds of inventory space every time you have to run through a Corruption Area.
4). Worm Food is harder to make than the item to summon the brain.

Crimson...

Pros:

1). Terrain is much easier to navigate; the caves are easy to pass up, and the caves themselves are easy to navigate, only the main room can kill you with fall damage and you usually know that's coming up ahead of time.
2). The terrain gives you a decent-sized boss arena from the get-go, just bring some rope and wood platforms and you're set.
3). The Crimson Armor is way better than Shadow Armor.
4). The item to summon the boss is much more easily obtained.
5). The crimson biome itself doesn't really disturb the surrounding environment, other than changing stone/ice to the crimson variants, unlike all the pits and obstacles found on the Corruption surface.
6). Ichor Bullets > Cursed Bullets all the way.

Cons:

1). BoC is far, far, far more difficult than the EoW. Thankfully you don't have to kill him fully to make your stuff, you can go for eye kills.
2). The drops from the orbs suck except for maybe the Crimson Rod, and even that doesn't do enough damage to really make it all that great of a weapon. It is useless the moment you step into Hardmode, and nothing in Normal really needs a Crimson Rod to defeat.

The only other thing we need to consider is Vampire Knives vs Scourge of the Corruptor:

Vampire Knives:

Pros: Life Leech, Large Swath, Ranged Melee weapon.
Cons: Low Damage, not very good in tight spaces.

Scourge of the Corruptor:

Pros: It is almost impossible to miss with this weapon, provided there's a solid object somewhere nearby. Does more damage than the knives. Is considered a melee weapon, therefore melee bonuses apply (armors that have the most defense also have melee damage bonus). Can be fired through a one-block thick wall/floor/ceiling to hit things on the other side.
Cons: No life leech, requires solid object or successful hit to release the homing projectiles.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is already a thread on this located here. You might want to post on that one instead.

Consider it burst.

Still, Im all about the crimson. Maybe the crimson rod is not necessary but It is awesome to combo and it watches your back. Also, King Slime is allergic to it.

Unneccessary but awesome. Also, the panic necklace kept me alive vs. Queen Bee.

now that i think about it i like the corruption more. the crimson has its pros and cons but the only part of the crimson i like is the items.

the corruption is very fun to explore especially the underground part and i really like the music. the enemies are enough for me to handle and arent that bad. the only problem with it was the corruptors vile spit which corrupted pretty much ¾ of my original world

Corruption all the way. I have a very strong opinion, and I hate the Crimson. I don't like the Crimson's color at all, the eater of worlds is way cooler than the brain. hopefully they change all the crimson stuff so it is like the corruption: crimson bunny, theres no crimson mushrooms, can't make a thorns potion, etc

I've never played in a world with corruption. Every world I've ever made was crimson. So I guess stick with what I know.

Last edited:
Corruption, but I wish I could have corruption with the crimson biome generation. I hate those vertical chasms. Plus hardmode crimson annoys me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom