Mobile Crimson seeds and boreal wood bait? and sea weed summons pet turtle

So while I was doing a quest for the angler I came across a bug where crimson seeds and boreal wood were used as fishing bait, I took out all normal bait and got the quest fish just using the crimson seeds, also apparently sea weed is a pet turtle summon? I found this glitch a few weeks ago and decided to show everyone one here (also the sea weed doesn’t actually summon a pet turtle, so that’s just a description glitch I think)
Hi @Drbolsen, it sounds like you've accidentally activated the bait/critter/fishing pole glitch which happens when you swap bait with an item in your inventory, save, swap them back, save.

How to get the "bait power" or "fishing power" OFF of an item that shouldn't have it:
  • Move the item to an empty space in your inventory
  • Save and exit
  • When you open that character again, it should be fine.
  • If it’s not, then put the item in a chest, close the chest, then open it and get your item again.
This glitch will be absent from the mobile version when it gets its next update. :) To avoid the glitch, try to not swap items in inventory, but instead move items into an empty inventory spot.

And yes, the pet turtle item description is incorrectly shown on the seaweed (fishing junk) item. That bug will also be absent in the new version.

A new update for mobile is being released on Aug 27 and it includes an entire new codebase so these bugs hopefully shouldn’t be an issue anymore.

You can read more info about the release date for the update here: Mobile - Terraria Mobile 1.3 Release Date Revealed!

Back
Top Bottom