Good suggestion?

• Yeah, i like it!

Votes: 28 96.6%
  • No, not needed

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Leaper

Retinazer
So, as you know, the Soul of Night in Terraria is purple. This was a great color for the corruption soul before the 1.2 update. But, when the Crimson was introduced, it adopted the same purple Soul. I propose that in Crimson worlds the soul of night will be red instead of purple.
SoulofNight.gif
I don't know if this should be a separate item and act like the "any wood" recipes, or a purely visual change depending on the world. I guess it is up to the devs to decide.
"But Face Monster, the Souls of Fright are already red!!" Actually they are more of an orangeish red than the dark red of this one, so its all good, right?

Someone also suggested i should do a Key of Night variant! KeyofNight.png (thanks Spazmatism7!)

Last edited:
I think it’s a amazing idea but I think they should make crimson souls into souls of blight from ocram just change what they do

i don't see the necessity for that
the souls are related to the dark and light essences not the essence of the own biome

Alternatively, if red doesn’t work too well, there could possibly be a yellow one to represent ichor. Though, the sprite given works fine!
But yeah, I like this idea! /g

How about Soul/Key of Plight as a name? Not entirely sure about it because it isn’t a direct contrast to Soul of Light, but to be fair neither is the entire Crimson.

Such is possible. Another name if the Crimson variant gets is own name is Soul of Blight. It would fit, since the Crimson could be considered a blight.

Such is possible. Another name if the Crimson variant gets is own name is Soul of Blight. It would fit, since the Crimson could be considered a blight.
Ocram flashbacks

But I feel that name would fit and be a nice reference to the removed console exclusive items, though it would no longer fit the light/night naming scheme.

Ocram flashbacks

But I feel that name would fit and be a nice reference to the removed console exclusive items, though it would no longer fit the light/night naming scheme.

True.
also wait :red: I forgot ocram dropped souls of blight my bad /lh

But the coloring is related to the corruption
not really, it's related to the darkness and evil itself from both biomes, i know that corruption already has some night and dark themed stuff but still, otherwise they would have to replace the theme of light vs dark by light vs crimson for crimson worlds

Back
Top Bottom