Sprites Crimson Variant of Deathweed!

Simple thread...
hi.

Bloodlilies

A new abomination has spread throughout the Crimson, the Deathweeds are being uprooted by the seeds that fly
on the wind!

Bloodlily.png

Based off of the Blood Lilies in real life, these plants will grow in bloody pairs, eventually spreading their
seeds by the wind once fully grown! (lore only)

The new herb, like all of them, has three stages of growth, when the last stage is reached during a Blood Moon, the herb
will like the Deathweed glow, but this time in a reddish blood-glow, akin to the Crimson Heart light pet.

What does this mean for potions?

The only difference would be that in a Crimson world, there would be no more Deathweed, meaning
all potion formulas that use Deathweed would be instead be using Bloodlily as a substitute!

But what about planters?

Almost as if anticipated, the sprite for a Crimson-specific planter has already been made by Terraria!

1576194826012.png

Here's what the shop item would appear as in game:

Bloodlilyplanter.png

Thanks for the quick read! Hope ya'll enjoy!

Bloodlily2.png
Bloodlily2.png
Bloodlily2.png
Bloodlily2.png
Bloodlily2.png
Bloodlily2.png

Yay! That's a great idea! Really neat!
Indeed, deathweed doesn't really fit into the crimson's theming... this plant would fit in there much better.

However, this brings up a little question about worlds having both evils (one added by the player), whether they would have deathweed or bloodlily? but considering then they would grow on ebonstone & corrupt grass and crimstone & crimson grass respectively, it would be possible to have both in any world that has both evils, isn't it?

Yay! That's a great idea! Really neat!
Indeed, deathweed doesn't really fit into the crimson's theming... this plant would fit in there much better.

However, this brings up a little question about worlds having both evils (one added by the player), whether they would have deathweed or bloodlily? but considering then they would grow on ebonstone & corrupt grass and crimstone & crimson grass respectively, it would be possible to have both in any world that has both evils, isn't it?
Everyone world has an innate "evil" biome, whether it be Corruption or Crimson. The Dryad will sell according to what innate type of evil your world has on load, its not a check on Crimson/Corruption or both at all times.

Correct though that Bloodlilies and Deathweed will grow on their respective blocks and that this would mean its possible to have both in any world. (if added in by the player like you stated) ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side note: What do we think of the sprite? Is it gucci enough or should I try and redo it with a different style?

I think it's a good idea. How about making it so they are needed for Crimson gear?
Eh, if that's the case then the same would be needed for the Corruption set, unless you're talking about something totally new? Regardless, I wasn't originally intending for this to blow up into new formulas or requirements for armor, just adding a simple Crimson-variant herb into the game is all.

@|.Terrarian.|

I think it could just work like simply, this grows on crimson blocks instead of deathweed. normally. as for the dryad, she could sell both, it doesn't really affects anything, since deathweed and bloodlily would be the same thing recipes-wise, right?

I do think it looks pretty. I prefer the crimson over the curruption, so I mostly play in crimson worlds, and I think it would fit into there pretty well. although we should see how it looks like in game to actually tell that XD

To be honest, I love this idea a lot. If I could get help with how to code it, and permission from you to use it (or even better collab with you on this) I would like to try to add this to the mini-mod I'm working on. A slightly better version of Corru & Crim NPCs. This one will have some more town NPCs too and I'm planning some interesting furnitures too and stuff, but, so, this would be a really nice thing to add too. and then the two fangirls could sell the respective herb too (and/or herb seeds), making it easy to aquire/cultivate both in any worlds. it's just cosmetic, since it would do the same as deathweed, but for fancy building reasons and stuff, it could be really nice, IMO!

Yeah, I can understand that, but I think it's rare for suggestions to get implemented into the vanilla game. sure there are several examles that it happened, but it's still pretty rare.

and I mean this mod Wacky NPCs Mod
I think it would fit in too with the two fangirls selling stuff related to their respective favorite biome.

Though I never coded herbs before...

Everyone world has an innate "evil" biome, whether it be Corruption or Crimson. The Dryad will sell according to what innate type of evil your world has on load, its not a check on Crimson/Corruption or both at all times.

Correct though that Bloodlilies and Deathweed will grow on their respective blocks and that this would mean its possible to have both in any world. (if added in by the player like you stated) ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side note: What do we think of the sprite? Is it gucci enough or should I try and redo it with a different style?
The sprite really does remind me of the Deathweed in the Corruption. Nice job!

I mean, good luck, maybe it gets in the vanilla game, but... that happens only rarely. I know modding isn't the same, but I think it has higher chances that way...

I really like the idea of this herb though.

Back
Top Bottom