Crimson Vs Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrum_

Terrarian
So my friend and I have been arguing about what is better. I sided with corruption and he sided with crimson and now we are at a stale mate. Now I wanna ask the community for their opinions. Which side are you guys on?

It all depends on the class, really. Mage generally wants Corruption for access to Mana Cuffs. Melee definitely wants Crimson for Rotted Fork in pre-hardmode and Vampire Knives for Hardmode. For Rangers, it doesn't really matter, but the Crimson is slightly better because of the better equipment.

1.3 SPOILERS: However, in expert mode Corruption, by killing the Eater of Worlds you get an accessory that reduces a bunch of damage, making the Corruption more desirable.

Note: These are MY opinions, you may differ so please don't start a debate with me.
I personally prefer the Corruption more because of:
1. Shadow armor looks cooler than Crimson armor in my opinion.
2. Crimson is really bloody and fleshy, younger Terrarians may not enjoy that.
3. Eater of Worlds is WAY easier than the Brain of Cthulhu
4. Eater of Souls are easier to kill than Face Monsters
5. Loot from Shadow Orbs is, for me, better than Crimson Hearts.
5 1/2. Muskets do 10 more damage than Undertakers
6. Light's bane isn't really needed until making the Night's edge, for the War Axe of the night does more damage.
7. I like purple WAY more than red.
8. If you have Corruption you can eventually make the Magic Cuffs, good if you're a half-and-half of a melee attacker and magic attacker, like me. I still do ranged though.
9. If you do ranged, you can make Unholy Arrows with worm teeth and/or collect from Eye of Cthulhu. Don't know how an eye of a giant sea monster carries evil arrows but that's not the point here.

It is far easier to rush meteorite set on corruption word because exploring chasms is quite easy with stupid fying ai, crimson with spiders and face makes it very hard to even drop rope without being swarmed by 5-6 spiders at once which will block your way down.
BoC is extremely hard for melee chars and even mages, you basically need high attack speed to cover from creeps and swarming spiders and faces or extensive arena. EoW is very easy for all classes as his worm ai doesn't posses any challenge and is easily abusable.
Hard mode corruption has easier mobs as well.

Well, I like the look of corruption, but as ranger AND mage I like Crimson. Just because of ichor. I love the Golden Shower and I love Ichor Bullets and Arrows. And the BoC isn't very hard as mage. Maybe with melee. Never tried.

I love the Corruption as I have been with it for quite a long time (almost since release). Plus I hate traversing the crimson.

Since I don't mind playing multiple worlds, gear access isn't really an issue to me (e.g.: wanting Crimson for knives). I prefer playing in and around Corruption. It's familiar to me and I think it looks / sounds cooler.

Well, I do have some things for the Crimson, too, to share.
1. Set bonus is way better than Shadow. Life regen faster > 15% more speed
2. Golden Shower, in my opinion one of the handiest weapons in the game. Lowering the target's defense is always a good thing to do when defeating that enemy. Also good for travelling in an unlit area at night or exploring a cave so accessible mobs are highlighted if sprayed around.
3. Vampire knives, another very handy weapon. Regenerates a tiny bit of life when an enemy is struck by its large, non-mana-consuming and non-ammo-consuming range.
4. Boss-summoner recipe. To craft Worm food to summon the Corruption's Eater of worlds, you need 15 rotten chunks AND 6 vile shrooms to turn into 30 vile powder at an alchemy station. To make a bloody spine to summon the Crimson's Brain of Cthulhu, you only need 15 vertebrae.

I prefer the Crimson because of my p̷̖̎͑͒͐᷄ŝ̤̅̌͏̄͝y͉̖͍᷿᷈̊͢c̷᷂͚̉̏̽̀h̛̩̔ͤ᷃͜͝o͕̯᷈͑̑͠ͅp̲͓̲̦᷈͋᷈a̢̰̮̥̩̘͒t̺̬̽̆ͩ᷾̈h̫͙̓̾̆᷅͡i͙̱̲̻͎̍̎c̛̝̹̲̽̏̐ t̟͊ͨ᷁ͭ͛͟ě͇͕͕ͣ͛ͮn̛͕͋ͨ͏᷀͊d̘̘͒͛͐͋̋ḛ̣̖͊̉͜͝n̡̡̡̤͖̦᷁c͖͈᷊͎̖᷅͆i̶̇ͯͪ̑̕͝ě̱̠ͣ͆̔᷅s̵̙̜͍̋᷉͌.̜̮̽᷉̉̋͜

lets see....
well, problably...Corruption.
I agree, Corruption is gross (the enemy is a WORM GEEZ) but the boss itself...easier.
I mean, while Eater of Worlds can just travel in walls, he cant fly.
Brain of Chtulhu flies, second form, and MINIONS.
Eater of Worlds also have his "minions", when you kill one of his parts he turns into 2+
But still, the multiples Eater of Worlds are smaller and still cant fly.
And Brain of Chtulhu and his biome is even more gross (while corruption blocks being just a lot of virus and its mobs being virus in worms forms) since Crimson is a lot of BLOOD, MEAT and BONES in the background, while corruption is more natural virus.
Also, almost everything in corruption will be worms and same eater of worlds AI, soo if you beat eater of worlds the corruption becomes your own biome.
But crimson...spiders, ao onis face monsters, Chimeras...all with different AI.
And the boss fly already and his minions also fly.
Soo I prefer Corruption, because its easier to beat.

4. Boss-summoner recipe. To craft Worm food to summon the Corruption's Eater of worlds, you need 15 rotten chunks AND 6 vile shrooms to turn into 30 vile powder at an alchemy station. To make a bloody spine to summon the Crimson's Brain of Cthulhu, you only need 15 vertebrae.
Redigit noted that there would be Vicious Powder now, so don't get your hopes up.

i prefer the corruption..mainly because the crimson creeps me out...i mean its made of FLESH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom