Hot Topic Corruption Vs. Crimson

Corruption or Crimson

• Total voters
Im going to come from a completely thematic standpoint (I don’t really know anything about the weapons and armour:dryadsad:). I originally liked the crimson a lot better than corruption, mostly because “ooohhhh gore theme cool” but honestly the corruption has grown on me. The dark theme that it has and all of the deep holes was very intimidating the first time I played. ESPECIALLY when it is an ice/corruption biome, it looks amazing. That’s not to say that the crimson wasnt really fun to explore. I got crimson on my very first world and it was fascinating to explore the winding vein like structures while fending off blood crawlers. But the crimson doesn’t really merge well with other biomes, so it’s kind of a let down if you get an overlap crimson.

All in all I think both of them are really cool, but the corruption is my personal favourite.

Can’t you just craft it from a panic necklace and mana crystals?
By early on in the game, I meant like really early on in the game, before any bosses or events, which you could guess by the phrase "before you can stock up on mana regen potions" - if you're fighting goblins, you already probably have access to materials needed to mass produce these potions without problems. When you are still struggling to gather up fallen stars for mana and have about 40-60 max mana (and yes, this happens to me quite often due to bad RNG), having +20 mana (+potential modifier) is really great, as it not only means you will have more shots available but also your mana will regenerate faster (more max mana = faster regen). This boost might not be extremely significant, but it is still useful nonetheless.

To put it simply, yes, you can just beat goblins on a crimson world and craft the band, but it will be useless at that point unless you're going for magic cuffs; In a corruption world however, if you get bombs early on and manage to get a band, you get a really decent boost for your time, and if you manage to get a vilethorn as well then you can just roll everything up until skeletron/WoF.
Oh yeah abut vilethorn by the time i break a shadow orb i usually have water bolt so vilethorn is useless to me. Skeletron is one of the first bosses i beat as a mage.
Well, sure, that is one way to do things. But breaking a few shadow orbs to get an amazing weapon takes a lot less effort than beating a pretty hard boss (assuming expert+ difficulty) and then exploring one of the most dangerous areas in the game for an amazing weapon. Also, viletorn doesn't become useless up until hardmode, as it's the only pre-hm weapon that can hit enemies through walls reliably - this ability cannot be underestimated.

Well, sure, that is one way to do things. But breaking a few shadow orbs to get an amazing weapon takes a lot less effort than beating a pretty hard boss (assuming expert+ difficulty) and then exploring one of the most dangerous areas in the game for an amazing weapon. Also, viletorn doesn't become useless up until hardmode, as it's the only pre-hm weapon that can hit enemies through walls reliably - this ability cannot be underestimated.
I never play mage on expert difficulty. I find it easier to play ranger, melee or even summoner. Mana is annoying to grind for, same with the potions.

I never play mage on expert difficulty. I find it easier to play ranger, melee or even summoner. Mana is annoying to grind for, same with the potions.
Once you have at least a small skybridge, you will have more fallen stars than you'll know what do with; altough setting up a skybridge takes a while (which means mana band still has some use early on), it is more than worth it. Then, plant about 10-20 moonglows in flower pots - boom, you have infinite mana regen potions. You literally only have to waste like 1 minite every once in a while to pick up more stars and replant your moonglows.

The "argument" of "hur dur mana hard" is just.... So annoying and repetitive. It isn't hard. Not in the slightest. It just takes getting used to, just how like with ranger you have to get used to managing your ammo - swapping it mid-fight, stocking up once in a while etc.

Is it annoying? Yes, slightly, but it is more than worth it considering how overall fun this class is.

...This has gotten a bit off-topic though.

I meant all potions.

Plus, not only do moonglow seeds show up in herb bags, finding them isn't even hard because if you go to the jungle at night they're very distinctive, especially underground.
Early on (especially as a mage or summoner) the jungle is fairly annoying to survive in. Also for some reason I have no luck finding herb bags in chests.

Preferably crimson because the set bonus on crimtane armor is not class specific. However, altars and crimson hearts are hard to find.

Crimson hearts? please clarify.
1621127478665.png

these things.

Back
Top Bottom