Blocks & Decoration Crimtane Brick

Doylee

Staff member
(DISCLAIMER: I'm probably not the first person to think of this, but for a "final update", this needs to be highlighted)

Since 1.2, I've never understood why Demonite gets to become a decoration object (With a slight, cool glow) rather than an ore. All the while, Crimtane's only use is to become a bar. For being an alternative, I think the Crimson at least deserves a glowing decoration block, in a addition to the bony, fleshy blocks. It would probably give the same amount of light that Demonite Brick does, just more focused on the R in the RGB lighting of course.

Crafting:
Work_Bench.png
Workbench
+
1x
Crimtane_Ore.png
Crimtane
5x
Crimstone.png
Crimstone
=
5x Crimtane Brick.

I also propose that this block creates the cage around the Wall of Flesh drops in Crimson worlds, because it does not make sense as to why Demonite makes a sudden appearance in those worlds.

Simple idea, I mean, heck, Honeyfall Blocks and walls are added, why not fill in the decoration gap more?

This has indeed been thought of many times before (i even mentioned it in my frozen hell project-click my signature), but it never became its own thread. I support.

Seems just fairly obvious, I haven't looked at TO though if a thread like this has been made, I've only looked at TCF so far.

Seems just fairly obvious, I haven't looked at TO though if a thread like this has been made, I've only looked at TCF so far.
Like i said, it never became its own thread. I think it was just mentioned here and there on other posts like the cyber, tobbvalds tinkering, etc.

Simple and relatively unoriginal. Though nonetheless, I'm all with you on this concept. I mean, why doesn't it exist already? That's one of my frequently asked questions. Support.

I mean, why doesn't it exist already?
Because Crimson has Flesh Blocks. And Flesh furniture.

I'll support this, but I want to see Rotten Block and Rotten furniture for the Corruption as well. Rotten Blocks would be crafted at a Meat Grinder, and the furniture at the Flesh Cloning Vat, both which would be available on Corruption worlds instead of just Crimson ones.

I see flesh blocks as the alternate of ebonstone bricks, so there could be crimtane bricks and some sort of corruption furniture set besides ebonwood.
What we need:
Ebonstone Brick and Crimstone Brick.
Demonite Brick and Crimtane Brick.
Rotten Blocks/furniture and Flesh Blocks and furniture.

@Cenx, @Redigit, can you add these for balance's sake?

What we need:
Ebonstone Brick and Crimstone Brick.
Demonite Brick and Crimtane Brick.
Rotten Blocks/furniture and Flesh Blocks and furniture.

@Cenx, @Redigit, can you add these for balance's sake?
It doesn't need to be fleshy/rotten thing, what about Dark/Shadow furniture crafted from Ebonstone Bricks? Ebonstone Bricks could be only crafted at Soul Fire Forge and furniture at Shadow Former bought from Steampunker.
@Cenx, @Redigit, What about it?

It doesn't need to be fleshy/rotten thing, what about Dark/Shadow furniture crafted from Ebonstone Bricks? Ebonstone Bricks could be only crafted at Soul Fire Forge and furniture at Shadow Former bought from Steampunker.
@Cenx, @Redigit, What about it?
But then, there are no crimstone bricks- only crimtane bricks. Still unbalanced.

I'd change Flesh Block's recipe to Crimstone + Vertebrae and having Rotten Chunk + Ebonstone for Rotten Blocks, if we were doing it my way.

I like it. Hell, make a suggestion out of it, I think that idea is worthy of it.

Just be wary though. No brick or block is craftable from an enemy drop. There are dropped bricks (Rainbow Bricks) but that is not reliant on drops + world gen items to create a build material. (Demonite and Crimtane don't really count though in that aspect. Albeit rare, it does spawn in world gen.)

I'd change Flesh Block's recipe to Crimstone + Vertebrae and having Rotten Chunk + Ebonstone for Rotten Blocks, if we were doing it my way.
That just requires more grinding for the flesh blocks.. making it take longer to obtain a building material doesn't sound like a good idea. Should just keep flesh blocks how they are, and have vertabrae/rotten chunks as placeable, so there are two building blocks per evil biome (not counting the woods and ore bricks) with only one of them being a grind.

good idea. What would be the crafting method?
That just requires more grinding for the flesh blocks.. making it take longer to obtain a building material doesn't sound like a good idea. Should just keep flesh blocks how they are, and have vertabrae/rotten chunks as placeable, so there are two building blocks per evil biome (not counting the woods and ore bricks) with only one of them being a grind.
Just so everyone can see what my complete proposition looks like:
(New) Crimstone Brick
Recipe:
7bqgoxvPAGRTA7_qxW8ADPVfuLeGkJ0aAU-Je5VMWfFVKGmooVb4v4saEJYuDcZDl1DmwuH8Vr0BkQmwxaWo8PvdOQpj-y5xrBxbdOpD_3pbWcO-jSR4a9H21PFUctUCwA
Crimstone
Crimsand_Block.png
Crimsand
@ a Work Bench.
Crimson counterpart of Ebonstone Brick. Crafted with Sand to match Pearlstone Brick.

(New) Crimtane Brick
Recipe:
7bqgoxvPAGRTA7_qxW8ADPVfuLeGkJ0aAU-Je5VMWfFVKGmooVb4v4saEJYuDcZDl1DmwuH8Vr0BkQmwxaWo8PvdOQpj-y5xrBxbdOpD_3pbWcO-jSR4a9H21PFUctUCwA
Crimstone (5)
0rlYcwVZq6Ga1itQ859l_e1EPYkoPpfi7EcCC1vUqKBS3tscrIrrk6ebdTrMw_RCuDXnm3RsMP5ZGAQZbvjJtSShg7sXax1e_poI_-f2qeNJKS4pmP1HfWgGK59JNMPi7g
Crimtane Ore
@ a Work Bench. Recipe makes 5.
Crimson counterpart of Demonite Brick.

Flesh_Block.png

Flesh Block
Changed Recipe:
Crimstone (5)
Vertebrae.png
Vertebrae
@ a Meat Grinder. Recipe makes 5.

Ebonstone_Brick.png

Ebonstone Brick
Changed Recipe:
Ebonstone_Block.png
Ebonstone
Ebonsand_Block.png
Ebonsand
@ a Work Bench.
Added Ebonsand into the recipe to match Pearlstone Brick's.

(New) Rotten Block
Recipe:
Ebonstone_Block.png
Ebonstone (5)
Rotten_Chunk.png
Rotten Chunk
@ a Meat Grinder. Recipe makes 5.
Corruption counterpart of Flesh Blocks.
Meat Grinder would also be dropped by Corrupt Slimes, Slimers, World Feeders, and Cursed Hammers, 0.5%.
Can be crafted into Rotten Furniture at a Flesh Cloning Vat, which would be available on Corrupt worlds.

Back
Top Bottom