Weapons & Equip Crippling Arrow

Everybody

Terrarian
Hello there, Everybody here, I can't really make sprites right now as I won't be on my laptop till the weekend, but an idea I thought of is Crippling Arrow.

Crippling Arrow:
0 Damage
Inflicts 'Handicapped' on enemies for 3.5 seconds.
Crafting (x70):
Wooden Arrow (x70)
Soul of Might (x3)

Handicapped:
Deal 15% reduced damage

for my crippling depression

Interesting idea. It'd be interesting if you went the extra mile and gave all the souls uses for ranger ammunition. You could have bullets too.

Instead of Sould of Might, it should be available a lot earlier on. Probably it could be crafted with either Vicious or Corrupt Mushrooms.

Instead of Sould of Might, it should be available a lot earlier on. Probably it could be crafted with either Vicious or Corrupt Mushrooms.
I didn't consider this, but now that I think about it I think hardmode would be a nice gate. Negating part of an enemy's damage is a very powerful tool, so I thought I'd save it for hardmode. Whether it should be after the mechanical bosses is the question.

Hello there, Everybody here, I can't really make sprites right now as I won't be on my laptop till the weekend, but an idea I thought of is Crippling Arrow.

Crippling Arrow:
0 Damage
Inflicts 'Handicapped' on enemies for 3.5 seconds.
Crafting (x70):
Wooden Arrow (x70)
Soul of Might (x3)

Handicapped:
Deal 15% reduced damage
Seems like an interesting idea, I'll make a sprite for it when I get the chance

I didn't consider this, but now that I think about it I think hardmode would be a nice gate. Negating part of an enemy's damage is a very powerful tool, so I thought I'd save it for hardmode. Whether it should be after the mechanical bosses is the question.
Actually, it depends on the enemy: It often isn't worth negating part of an enemy's damage because it doesn't have enough health to survive for long anyways (In other words, it isn't useful against weak enemies), and those enemies are the same that tend to spawn in groups (Which would be the when Unholy Arrows would be more useful).
If you want to keep it HM, you could make it so it has to be crafted at a HM Anvil.

these would be amazing for bosses, especially in expert mode. I agree with what others are saying. they should be available earlier on.

This is an interesting idea however a few thoughts
What if this were made the crimson counterpart to unholy arrows? The only problem is that they would be much better than unholy arrows but that didn't stop them before...

That said they would be very useful if they inflicted a damage reduction Debuff on enemies but would they only affect the enemies contact damage or would they apply to their projectiles (but not minions) as well? I'm thinking about several opponents that are really nasty with projectile spam (cough lasers/bullets) though maybe that should be a different item...

Back
Top Bottom