Single Thread RP Crisis Averted: Skyrim RolePlay

*Rakeun and Elijah would be able to notice that Sinbar in unarmed, his hands open rather than clutched, showing no intention of hurting them.*
“…I know I have hurt you both, as well as countless others…I know my behavior is unjustifiable…I have not come to justify nor continue my actions…one thing you both should know: Only people with no emotions, with no purpose, with no intent other than fun, are truly evil. I an no exception. My reckless behavior was just a shell covering up my past and hiding my fear. There is a lot about me that no one knows, and I think I might be able to alter what I do simply by getting everything off my chest. You see, I was born into a family that lived in poverty. My parents were unable to get jobs due to their lack of education and money. Still, they loved me. But one day a rich man offered my parents enough money to survive if they sold me to him. They agreed, having no other choice, knowing that if they didn’t accept that all three of us would die. So they sold me, and I lived as a slave until I was eighteen. I was always either working or, during parties, sitting locked in a cellar. My master was embarrassed about me, as I had some things about me that made me not quite fit in…I know you think that he was embarrassed about something dark, but in reality it was because I was a poor mess, as well as the fact that I-”
*Suddenly Sinbar pauses. He’s shaking, clearly frightened about saying what comes next. But he pushes through it, knowing that they need to know everything about him to understand him.*
“…The fact that I am attracted to fellow males rather than females…”

*Elijah’s eyes widen, though it’s pretty obvious he’s just a bit surprised rather than judging Sinbar.*
“…as I said, there are a lot of things about me that I’ve never told anyone, and have hidden with my emotions and fear…anyway, when I turned eighteen, I ended up killing the man. It was the only way I could escape. I then went back to my village to discover that my parents had starved to death. I then tried to overthrow the wealthy leaders of my home, only to fail and be exiled. I started having nightmares about the event, and I came to Vaermina to get rid of them. She took me in for a while, telling me she thought I had potential. But I soon got too power hungry, and became the ruthless villain you knew me as…none of this justifies what I did…and I’m truly sorry for everything I have done…I can’t undo what I did, but I can try to redeem myself…and that’s why I’m here…I need you two to help me turn around…”

Last edited:
*Elijah smiles and nods in agreement.*
*Sinbar's face forms a smile. But unlike his previous smiles, this wasn't a crooked, dark smile. It was a smile of relief and joy.*
"Thank you both so much!"

"Um...by the way...do you guys know anywhere cheap I can stay while you're helping me?...As you know from my life story, I'm in a pretty horrible financial state..."

“Really?…You mean I can stay with you guys?…”
*Elijah smiles.*
“Absolutely. What happened in the past is water under the bridge. Come, I’ll show you to your room.”

“Thank you both so much!”
“You’re very welcome!”
*Elijah shows Sinbar to his room.*

*Elijah helps Sinbar get everything ready.*
*Sinbar, who is also contributing rather than letting Elijah do all the work, seems very grateful. It seems like he’s already trying to be better by doing little things. After he and Elijah finish, he thanks Elijah and sits down on his bed.*
*Elijah sits next to him.*
“I hope you don’t mind if I spend a bit of time with you. I just want to get to know you better, so I can not only have more of an understanding of why what happened ended up happening, but also so I can think of ways to help you.”

“I don’t mind…honestly, I feel the best right now that I have in a long, long time…the difference that revealing secrets to trusted people can make…what do you want to know?”
“I’ll start with some of the minor stuff: How old are you? I know you’ve mentioned that you’ve been around for a long time, so I wa just curious.”
“Well…I obtained my powers when I was eighteen, which prevented me from aging…but I’ve been around for about 168 years total, having been born about 32 years after the Oblivion crisis…”
“Um…one more question…what kind of things did you have to endure from the man?…It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about it…but…”
“It’s alright…I’ll tell you…from an early age, the man was forcing me to work in fields and making me pull weeds, harvest, and even occasionally plow…as I got older, he forced me to make things from metal or wood, which could get quite dangerous, as well as made me continue helping in fields and even making me cook from time to time…then one day he found out about how I was attracted to men, and from that day forward he would not only make me work with little rest, but would beat me constantly…on my eighteenth birthday, I was sitting in my cellar, plotting my escape, when I heard the man talking to some people…he was telling them about a plan to get rid of me…he had plotted a perfect way to murder me and get away with it…he knew everything from how to trick me, to how to murder me with minimum sound, to how to dispose of my body…I knew that unless I did something quick, I was never going to see better days…problem was I couldn’t escape without him noticing me…so I did the only thing that would allow me to escape without being caught…I killed him…but the thing is, even though he had planned to kill me, his death made me feel horrible…you know what happened after…when Vaermina gave me your nightmare, it shaped itself into my nightmare…when I entered this manor in an attempt to get my powers back, I started seeing this manor shape itself into the manor which I had spent my childhood working in, and replayed many moments…and since the nightmare has not yet been removed yet, I’m most likely going to have a hard time sleeping…”
*Elijah put his hand on Sinbar’s back.*
“Well, while I can’t change your past, I promise you that I will make sure you can have a good life from now on…”

*Sinbar smiles, though there are still tears in his eyes.*

*Sinbar nods.*
“I have something to show you guys…”
*He pulls out an golden arrowhead. On either side of the arrow head, the letters “SKW” are engraved on either side. Sinbar’s initials.*
“This was the last thing my father gave to me before handing me over…Despite what my parents were forced to do for survival, they did love me…They even tried to send letters to me while I was a slave, but my master always tore the letters before I could read them…my dad gave this to me, having had made this out of some gold he mined…he could’ve so easily just sold the gold and made a decent amount of money…but instead, he chose to give it to me…he told me, ‘Remember, even when times get tough, be an arrow. Remain focused, reach your goals, and let nothing stop you.’ Originally, I had used this to justify to myself my actions while trying to take the throne…but now, I realized I’ve been striving for the wrong goal and resisting the wrong people…”

*Sinbar nods, then soon lies down falls asleep*
*Elijah heads back to bed.*
(@TerrariaOn3DS Could we skip to the next day?)
(EDIT: I’m just going to do it so that I can move on with Sinbar’s story.)
*In the morning, Elijah wakes up, then checks on Sinbar, who is already awake. Sinbar seems very stressed out.*
“Good morning, Sinbar…are you doing okay?…”

“…well…despite the nightmare that was inflicted on me being gone, my brain is still creating it’s own…last night I had a nightmare…I was face to face with the monster I was during my time of hiding my emotions…over and over, he repeated the same line…‘You’ll never change. You’ll never be redeemed. You will either die a monster or die on the street. You can’t escape me.’…after that, I was unable to fall back asleep…”
“Sinbar…you shouldn’t listen to your nightmares…we all have our flaws…Delphine’s major flaw is that she can be militaristic and self-righteous at times…Rakeun’s major flaw is that while she is very strong, she can act like she’s immortal…and my major flaw is that I often let my emotions get the best of me, causing me to often put myself and/or others in danger…and your major flaw from what it sounds like is that the trauma from your childhood makes you feel like you can never show your emotions in public due to the way your master treated you for doing so…however, none of these flaws any of us have make us bad people…in fact, everyone I listed is a very good person…even you…you did bad things because you thought it was the only way to end your pain and prevent others like you from having to endure pain…you thought the only way out was to rule so that you could punish wealthy people who were selfish…but deep down, you didn’t like it…you were wearing a mask of insanity to hide your guilt, sorrow and fear…but deep down, you had a large heart, one that still exist…your nightmare was created from self doubt from what it sounds like…so you need to stop doubting yourself…”
*Sinbar looks at Elijah, and smiles a little. He knows Elijah is right.*
“Alright…”

*Elijah smiles, and has Sinbar follow him to another room. There, he spends hours teaching Sinbar ways he can redeem himself through small actions and ways he can change a little bit at a time.*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom