tModLoader Critter Craze!

I love this mod! The increased critter variety makes the world feel much more alive.

One issue I found is that Sandy Gusts are used to craft Blizzard in a Bottle instead of Sandstorm in a Bottle. I assume this is unintended since the Snow Gusts also craft Blizzard in a Bottle.

I love this mod! The increased critter variety makes the world feel much more alive.

One issue I found is that Sandy Gusts are used to craft Blizzard in a Bottle instead of Sandstorm in a Bottle. I assume this is unintended since the Snow Gusts also craft Blizzard in a Bottle.
Thank you! Don't worry, that little bug has been found and fixed for the next update!

Yuyu- between this and AFK pets, I'm adoring the latest playthrough. I'm rearranging my worlds and just got finished making my main world... starting yet another world tonight. Great job!! Question- the tiny slimes, the purpose for those is just super cute, right? I take it those are your's?

Yuyu- between this and AFK pets, I'm adoring the latest playthrough. I'm rearranging my worlds and just got finished making my main world... starting yet another world tonight. Great job!! Question- the tiny slimes, the purpose for those is just super cute, right? I take it those are your's?
Yup, the Tiny Slimes are ours :)

I was fishing in the ocean today and kept catching your fish. I don't know how the fishing loot table works, but if your fish are only replacing the generic shrimp, bass, and so on, I'm fine with them being there. If they're replacing anything that I actually want to catch, like Reaver Sharks or biome fish for potions, I'm not.

Fishing is already incredibly grindy without the loot table being cluttered even further. It would be different if your fish had some kind of value, but they don't. I actually prefer them not having value, though. It's good to have a mod that improves the ambiance of the game without increasing player power.

I was fishing in the ocean today and kept catching your fish. I don't know how the fishing loot table works, but if your fish are only replacing the generic shrimp, bass, and so on, I'm fine with them being there. If they're replacing anything that I actually want to catch, like Reaver Sharks or biome fish for potions, I'm not.

Fishing is already incredibly grindy without the loot table being cluttered even further. It would be different if your fish had some kind of value, but they don't. I actually prefer them not having value, though. It's good to have a mod that improves the ambiance of the game without increasing player power.
I'll be sure to lower their catch rates. Upon testing, they're higher than I intended them to be. Thanks for the heads up!

Hey, guys! I have another update for you all! This patch fixes a couple of bus, but also introduces four new critters! This will be my last update for a while, for I will not have access to a computer for a month or so. Until then, take:

Update is available on the Mod Browser or with the attached file.

Update 1.1.3
New Content:
- Introduces 1 new critter for each 'evil' biome: The Lightstealer and the Bloodlurker.
- The Lightstealer (Corruption) floats around slowly until you get too close, then saps up all your light and charges toward you, emitting its own light.
- The Bloodlurker (Crimson) hops around peacefully until you get close, then draining the strength from the player and quickly chasing it.
They're just critters, though, so no harm done, literally. Both can be caught and have banners!
- Introduced 2 new vanilla fish critters: Red Snappers (Ocean), and Frost Minnow (Snow Biome). Both can be caught with a bug net to yield their vanilla items.
- Added Kelp, a new plant that grows (over time, doesn *not* spawn on world gen) around the Ocean Floor. Destroying them yields a large quality of kelp, or may yield a Kelp Hook!
Fixes:
- Made the Sandy Gust properly craft a Sandstorm in a Bottle
- Drastically reduced moth spawn rates
- Further made sure modded critters do not interfere with enemy spawns
- Ghost Reeds no longer drop Kelp in the Ocean
- Reduced the fishing rates of modded fish.

Here are some pictures of the new content:
ice_screenshot_20180626-115238.png

Attachments

• Critters.zip
    151.7 KB · Views: 180
I won’t be able to work on this mod for a month, but sure :)

Indeed. I believe it says so in the tooltip.
Oops missed it because vanity slots overwrite tooltips. Seems a tad powerful though seeing at how early it's obtainable, maybe reduce intensity in vanity? idk

I love this mod! The little slimes are adorable and the Lumoth Lantern is a total lifesaver (lightsaver hahaha, cuz I'm also saving glowsticks too). Quick couple of questions, would you mind if I made a wiki for your mod (like the ones for Thorium and Calamity), and have you ever thought of making mini wulfrum slimes/mini purple slimes/mini Pinky?

Thanks!

I love this mod! The little slimes are adorable and the Lumoth Lantern is a total lifesaver (lightsaver hahaha, cuz I'm also saving glowsticks too). Quick couple of questions, would you mind if I made a wiki for your mod (like the ones for Thorium and Calamity), and have you ever thought of making mini wulfrum slimes/mini purple slimes/mini Pinky?

Thanks!
I haven’t been working much on this mod for a while, but I may get back into it. I’ve considered cross-mod content, so wulfrum baby slimes may be on the board.

As for a wiki, I scarcely have time for that. If anyone is interested in making a wiki addon to the Terraria Mods Wiki ( https://terrariamods.gamepedia.com/Terraria_Mods_Wiki ), please ley me know!

This mod is incredibly underrated for what it does.

However just a few things that I think could be improved:
* Lumoth sometimes drops Brightbulbs after being killed which IMO it should only be collectable with the bug net.
* Luminous Lantern still lights the area when equipped in a social slot while no other light accessory does that.
* Luminous Lantern could have a small brightness reduction.
* Fish could perhaps spawn a little more frequently.
* Moths seem to spawn more commonly than butterflies, but I haven't entirely tested as with my playthrough with this mod, house was built in the snow where no butterflies spawn.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom