PC Cross necklace for a ranger?

Hey guys, I’ve been playing terraria for a long time ( almost 1400 hours ), and I’ve always used the cross necklace on all my characters, I know it can literally half the damage you take at its peak performance. The problem is that i usually only play ranged, and since I’m not face taking my enemies and bosses I’m debating whether it’s a waste of a slot or not, I can’t think of many scenarios it could shine in, I have great mobility, long ranged attacks, and knock back immunity, so I don’t think it’s that useful anymore.

what do you guys think? Any type of response is welcome. Should I swap it out? Or should I keep it? Or...?

For early hardmode it's useful, but once you start getting further into hardmode it's better to replace it with something else like an accessory to increase damage ect...

This accessory fits more for people who take consistent damage. It would be more suited to early hardmode melee. You should find a new accessory given your class. Just as a note, the necklace can be upgraded when crafted with a star cloak which isn't a hard accessory to find. It's found from mimics, the same as the necklace.

Like ASG_102 said, it's good for when you can get it, but if you don't get hit very much anyway you probably can afford to ignore it for the most part. I've found that a Spider Staff works better if you're a ranger, as it holds nearby non-boss enemies in place.

You may not be good at dodging, but most things never hit you often enough for Cross necklace to matter in most situations. Keywords there are "most situations" because some bosses are seriously spammy (e.g. Plantera and Destroyer) and can hit you multiple times in a second, and that's where Cross necklace shines.

It's close to useless every other time tho.

I should mention that I currently use the magic quiver, ranger emblem, boots, wings, and shield. I have one slot left, and I want to use the cross necklace, worm scarf, or charm of myths. Since I’m a ranger I’m not to worried about defense, so idk what to choose.

I should mention that I currently use the magic quiver, ranger emblem, boots, wings, and shield. I have one slot left, and I want to use the cross necklace, worm scarf, or charm of myths. Since I’m a ranger I’m not to worried about defense, so idk what to choose.
Definitely go for the Worm Scarf or the Charm of Myths. Those are far better in almost every situation. If you can't decide between those two, go for worm scarf.

Definitely go for the Worm Scarf or the Charm of Myths. Those are far better in almost every situation. If you can't decide between those two, go for worm scarf.

Ok thanks, I personally haven’t used the worm scarf a lot on my rangers, I feel like it’s grossly overrated. I prefer the charm of myths a a lot more.

The Worm Scarf really isn't overrated, straight damage reduction kind of puts a power creep on defense in general.

I mean, you take a 100 damage attack, you’ll still be taking 83 damage. If you Got it a couple of times and took 400 damage, you’d still be taking 322 damage. I agree it blocks a lot of damage, but if you’re taking enough damage to see a difference, youre gonna only be able to take a hit or two more...

I mean, you take a 100 damage attack, you’ll still be taking 83 damage. If you Got it a couple of times and took 400 damage, you’d still be taking 322 damage. I agree it blocks a lot of damage, but if you’re taking enough damage to see a difference, youre gonna only be able to take a hit or two more...
Nevertheless, that's almost a full heart, which can be life or death, especially in the moon lord fight.

Back
Top Bottom