Console Cross platform world seeds

I've been looking at Khaios' Builds and I wanted to know if, when 1.4 comes to console, you can put in world seeds for worlds on other platforms .

I think there's a good chance a certain seed will generate the same result as on pc when 1.4 comes out on other platforms.

I haven't checked the source code, but it does seem like Terraria uses it's own random number generator (RNG), instead of relying on the ones provided by the different platforms. The RNG in Terraria seems to be deterministic, it always generate the same sequence of numbers when given the same seed.

I think there's a good chance a certain seed will generate the same result as on pc when 1.4 comes out on other platforms.

I haven't checked the source code, but it does seem like Terraria uses it's own random number generator (RNG), instead of relying on the ones provided by the different platforms. The RNG in Terraria seems to be deterministic, it always generate the same sequence of numbers when given the same seed.
Or at least try to if you change the world evil, i did that for my pylon builds, and pretty much everything was similar except some underground houses and rail tracks

Well, they might use things like world evil (and possibly world size and difficulty) as inputs that effect the random number generation as well. But as long as you use the same settings, the end result should be the same as well. I have noticed though that minecart tracks do seem to differ, even when using the same seed and settings.

Back
Top Bottom