Resolved [PS4] Crossplay with vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turboaddiction

Terrarian
For about the last month my son and I have been playing together with me on my vita and him on my ps4. But over the last week it has been increasingly more difficult to join. It started with a couple games failing to join till both platforms were reset but now it just doesnt show to join. If it does it just fails right away.
He has a playstation online sub account under mine.
One thing I noticed when this started when he is playing the option to quit to the main menu is greyed out.
Am I missing something or is something actually wrong?
Sorry if this has been covered I found issues that are close but not the same.

For about the last month my son and I have been playing together with me on my vita and him on my ps4. But over the last week it has been increasingly more difficult to join. It started with a couple games failing to join till both platforms were reset but now it just doesnt show to join. If it does it just fails right away.
He has a playstation online sub account under mine.
One thing I noticed when this started when he is playing the option to quit to the main menu is greyed out.
Am I missing something or is something actually wrong?
Sorry if this has been covered I found issues that are close but not the same.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble Turboaddiction. Crossplay is supposed to work between the PSVita and the PS4, but we do hear about some issues with it occasionally.

I can't think of anything offhand for you to try, other than if you were inviting each other, try joining directly without using invites. Or if you were joining directly before, now try sending an invite and see if that works. Sorry if that is something that you've already tried. I haven't seen any conclusive "this is the fix" solution for why crossplay has issues (besides people in two different countries and that's not the case for you).

This may be 'good news, bad news', but the PS4 and the Xbox One will be getting the big 1.3 update later this year. PSVita (along with PS3 and Xbox 360) will not be getting the update due to system limitations. After that update hits the PS4 it won't be able to crossplay with the PSVita anymore since they will forever be on different versions of the game.

Ok, thanks I think my router may be on its way out. Last night I started checking it out and it had 2 bad ports on it. One was the PS4 and it had switched to Wifi, so my best guess is maybe something fried it. I also know of the upcoming update and ill be a little sad about the PS vita version getting shutoff since I kinda despise the horizontal spit it does on the PS4. But Ill deal with it. At this point we had tried joining both through joining and invites and nothing seemed to work. Last night after swapping all the ports around on the router It worked but the quit to main menu button was greyed out for about 60 seconds before it light up normal.

o7 Thanks again
Turbo

try updating terraria on your ps vita i have one and i play with friends and sometimes that happens to me it always does the trick
At the time this thread was created PS4 and PSVita could crossplay. But now that PS4 has received the 1.3 update, the two consoles are on different versions forever.

Since the PS4 and PSVita cannot crossplay anymore I’ll close this thread as resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom