tModLoader Crouch, Crawl, and Roll

Hey, so I'd just like to report a few oddities I've noticed.
1. The crouch jump height increase doesn't work with some jump-improving items such as BTFA's Firestorm in a Bottle. I've also reported this on their end.
2. Rolling up a 1 block slope while running will sometimes launch you fast even if you haven't rolled down anything to build up momentum first. Pretty sure physics don't work that way.
3. Sometimes when crouching, and even after uncrouching, your minimap icon will be bugged and either too high or too low.
4. It is incompatible with WeaponOut- when crouching, crawling, rolling, etc, the Weaponout weapons appear floating underneath you weirdly. This will also be reported on WeaponOut's end.

Also if I might make a suggestion, it would be nice to have a config toggle for having a bit of roll immunity by default, maybe 12 frames, then have the accessories become 24 and 36 frames or something, just for those of us who are used to rolling in Overhaul to avoid damage and keep rolling straight into enemies by habit.
1. The crouch jump functions like frog legs by increasing jump speed rather than the max height modifier, that might help BTFA with that.
2. The roll itself has a high starting momentum, i find it more fun like that. The sloping physics are pretty funky though.
3. I dont really know what's going on with the minimap
4. Entirely up to weaponout to check for player height changes

Ah, thanks! I'll relay that. I agree that the starting momentum is good, I just wasn't sure if you were aware of the single-block slope launching. It's admittedly difficult to pull off, and honestly it's the kind of thing I'd like to keep in even if it was unintended, since it helps early-game mobility greatly. Same with diving and using slow-fall items, timing it so you start the dive at max velocity and glide forward quickly. It's great!
As for the minimap, I don't know either. It isn't a big deal and doesn't happen often.
And yeah, I figured WeaponOut would need to fix it on their end. Still thought I'd report it here since the two are likely to be used together by people looking for an "Overhaul Lite" feeling.

One more thing, though. Again probably not something you can fix, but when wearing a cloak, they clip through the ground when crouching. Not a big deal, and probably not really fixable given that cloaks are a single sprite unlike the player.

It's been a while, but i finally fixed (most) multiplayer issues! There's still the occasional desync, but it's far better than before!

Version 1.1.2
- Multiplayer compatability! Actually somewhat functional netcode!
- Charm of immunity now grants 24 immunity frames and the cross charm gives the cross necklace ability

After some more messing around with it, i thought that 12 immunity frames aren't actually enough to be useful, so they get a buff.

Attachments

• CrouchMod.zip
    30.3 KB · Views: 174
It's been a while, but i finally fixed (most) multiplayer issues! There's still the occasional desync, but it's far better than before!

Version 1.1.2
- Multiplayer compatability! Actually somewhat functional netcode!
- Charm of immunity now grants 24 immunity frames and the cross charm gives the cross necklace ability

After some more messing around with it, i thought that 12 immunity frames aren't actually enough to be useful, so they get a buff.
Awesome! I'm glad to see this functioning better in Multiplayer now! And that was a much needed buff to take an accessory slot for. I still think a future config option for straight-up self-set immunity frames at the start of a roll would be nice for customizability, but as it stands this is already a massive improvement!

I'd say it's been long enough that I shouldn't just edit my previous post...
Okay so... I don't even know what happened. I can only assume this is because of this mod, as it's the only mod we have that rotates the player sprite, but my partner in this multiplayer (dedicated server) game has inexplicably become stuck diagonal after I alt-tabbed to bug report about 10 other mods because holy crud I had no idea how horribly unstable most mods are in multiplayer. I assume this is a case of the "somewhat" in "somewhat functional netcode".
Before this, it had been working perfectly aside from the occasional instance of sprites not rotating and just mushing into the floor like before the multiplayer compatability patch.
upload_2019-5-15_3-52-16.png

Who here likes sonic? Because I've implemented the spin dash! The Shoes of the Blur are made with Hermes Boots, a Red Dye, and 3 Fallen Stars at a Tinkerer's Workshop.

Version 1.2
- Added Shoes of the Blur, now you can do a spin dash just like sonic!
- Added Shoes of the Rolling Blur, combination of Shoes of the Blur and Cross Charm
- Increased money value of Cross Charm and Charm of Immunity
- Reduced immunity frames granted from Charm of Immunity and Cross Charm from 24 to 20
- Tweaked tumbling physics and animation (rolling on a slope)
- You now tumble when you land with a dive
- You no longer get the melee weapon damage and knockback bonus towards the end of your roll

Who here likes sonic? Because I've implemented the spin dash! The Shoes of the Blur are made with Hermes Boots, a Red Dye, and 3 Fallen Stars at a Tinkerer's Workshop.

Version 1.2
- Added Shoes of the Blur, now you can do a spin dash just like sonic!
- Added Shoes of the Rolling Blur, combination of Shoes of the Blur and Cross Charm
- Increased money value of Cross Charm and Charm of Immunity
- Reduced immunity frames granted from Charm of Immunity and Cross Charm from 24 to 20
- Tweaked tumbling physics and animation (rolling on a slope)
- You now tumble when you land with a dive
- You no longer get the melee weapon damage and knockback bonus towards the end of your roll
Great work! Sounds like fun, I hope it's crazy fast!

By the way, recently used CC&R in a heavily-modded multiplayer playthrough, and gotta say, it worked like a charm even in Multiplayer, aside from a few graphical issues like the occasional crouch animation turning into a clipping-into-the-floor animation still happening on occasion, and the (still rather hilarious) tilting as shown above. Mechanically (the part that matters most) it worked brilliantly, and I gotta say, after having this be a must-have in every playthrough I've done since I learned of it, this mod will certainly be one of the ones I miss most when I play 1.4 before tModLoader catches up with Re-Logic's insane work.

Hello! I found a glitch which works kinda randomly but like b-hopping (bunny hopping) in source games:
You can roll, and jump at the same time. If you keep doing this exactly when you re-hit the ground you quickly gain huge momentum. It was absolutely hilarious! Please don't remove it!
EDIT: I read your previous comments and you have apparently already noticed it. Sorry.

Last edited:
I noticed that diving while underwater with an accessory/buff that grants swimming results in more realistic swimming speed/controls. Unsure whether or not this is intentional, but I think you could make this a lot better looking by making the character have running legs instead of standing legs when diving underwater. Love the mod, hope this helps!

Last edited:
Suggestion: change the player sprite to the falling sprite (legs and arms extended in an X shape) when they are rolling in midair, so that it looks like they're doing a cartwheel. This would make the useful tactic of rolling and immediately jumping make more sense. Also, I noticed you can only use melee and throwing weapons while rolling/diving/crouching? Not sure if that's intentional, but if not I'd love to be able to use other classed weapons while crouching.
Hope this helped!

Suggestion: change the player sprite to the falling sprite (legs and arms extended in an X shape) when they are rolling in midair, so that it looks like they're doing a cartwheel. This would make the useful tactic of rolling and immediately jumping make more sense. Also, I noticed you can only use melee and throwing weapons while rolling/diving/crouching? Not sure if that's intentional, but if not I'd love to be able to use other classed weapons while crouching.
Hope this helped!
The player's height is still reduced midair so it would be strange to have the player go into standing height and still have the functionality of roll jumping into small gaps. The legs wouldnt look right since the way i do the rolling sprite is just by moving the player's legs upwards so that they're blocked by the player's body sprite.

It's specifically weapons that you swing that can be used since aimed weapons bugged out while rolling. Think of it being some kinda rolling attack with those. I could attempt to fix it at some point to work properly with aimed weapons but i havent had luck with it.
It's kind of a tradeoff to having the dodge function tbh.

I've noticed the crouch mod breaks when using it with the Calamity mod in 11.7.5 of the mod loader. Is there a reason this is happening and if so can it be fixed?

You're going to have to elaborate when you say the "mod breaks"
I'm not sure if I'm having the same issue that Bramblefire2 is, but a friend and I just started up a server with CCR installed (along the latest version of Calamity installed and many other mods). We fall through the ground when attempting to crouch until we die from fall damage or hit a liquid.

I'm not sure if I'm having the same issue that Bramblefire2 is, but a friend and I just started up a server with CCR installed (along the latest version of Calamity installed and many other mods). We fall through the ground when attempting to crouch until we die from fall damage or hit a liquid.
That's what happens with my game too.

You can replicate the issue by running the game with CCR and Calamity loaded at the same time. you'll fall through the ground when you try to crouch or roll.
I think that has to be fixed on Calamity's end. My best guess is they've added something that modifies the player's height, but resets the player's height every frame it's not active.

I think that has to be fixed on Calamity's end. My best guess is they've added something that modifies the player's height, but resets the player's height every frame it's not active.
I'm going to check in with the Calamity discord to figure it out. This same thing happens with Qwerty enabled as well, so I'm curious if qwerty has a similar addition causing the same issue.

The Flamsteed ring is what's causing the issue, but the calamity discord and forum has been mainly unresponsive. Another user confirmed what the issue was and that was all. I'm not sure if they're going to fix it or not. Hopefully they do because your mod adds some really fun changes to the game.

The Flamsteed ring is what's causing the issue, but the calamity discord and forum has been mainly unresponsive. Another user confirmed what the issue was and that was all. I'm not sure if they're going to fix it or not. Hopefully they do because your mod adds some really fun changes to the game.
Actually one of the devs reached out to me on it and said they fixed players phasing through the floor. I then updated Crouch Crawl and Roll so they could selectively disable crouching on their end; like when the player is transformed into the robot.
Now, we just wait until Calamity updates.

Back
Top Bottom