tModLoader Crouch, Crawl, and Roll

Actually one of the devs reached out to me on it and said they fixed players phasing through the floor. I then updated Crouch Crawl and Roll so they could selectively disable crouching on their end; like when the player is transformed into the robot.
Now, we just wait until Calamity updates.
Awesome, That's great. I'm glad to hear that.

For me, this is totally compatible with Overhaul, except for one visual error in which the player's sprite sometimes teleports to another part of the screen for a few frames. Apart from that, it works fine.

I'm going to check in with the Calamity discord to figure it out. This same thing happens with Qwerty enabled as well, so I'm curious if qwerty has a similar addition causing the same issue.
Yeah, just ran into the same issue within moments of starting a Qwerty world. Had a Start With Base mod place a floaty area and a rope. Tried to climb rope with space bar (both my up key and my crouch key because I'm lazy), went nowhere. Tried to crouch not on the rope. Dove through the ground into a lightless void and died within moments. Good times, but not convenient ones. Ever find a fix for it?

Is there a way for the features to be optional? Like having a configuration to enable and disable some parts?
Like disabling weapon use during roll, charged jump, doing things that Sonic does (ball-roll movements or being able to boost using ramp) and usage of accessories?

I'd like a simple roll, crouch and crawl, nothing else.

I also would like to suggest adding a configuration for speed multiplier for movement features, as the roll distance is way too long and initial speed to be too fast, as if it's trying to function like a tumble ability, yet the animation emphasizes that it looked like a normal dodge-roll.

Usually I'd use Terraria Overhaul for this, but for now I'd have to avoid using that mod due to it being incompatible with other mods, kinda wondered if this would be a good temporary alternative for it.

Last edited:
Is there a way for the features to be optional? Like having a configuration to enable and disable some parts?
Like disabling weapon use during roll, charged jump, doing things that Sonic does (ball-roll movements or being able to boost using ramp) and usage of accessories?

I'd like a simple roll, crouch and crawl, nothing else.

I also would like to suggest adding a configuration for speed multiplier for movement features, as the roll distance is way too long and initial speed to be too fast, as if it's trying to function like a tumble ability, yet the animation emphasizes that it looked like a normal dodge-roll.

Usually I'd use Terraria Overhaul for this, but for now I'd have to avoid using that mod due to it being incompatible with other mods, kinda wondered if this would be a good temporary alternative for it.
I agree, some config options would be nice, I would like to have just the roll and dive if possible. Along with that, maybe an option to enable rolling midair similar to Overhaul's dodge mechanic would be nice too.

This mod allows you to, as the title suggests, crouch, crawl, and roll!
Crouching, crawling, or rolling halves your height, allowing you to fit into 1 and a half block high spaces.

Occassionally desyncs in multiplayer, especially when tumbling from off screen.
Incompatable with Terraria Overhaul due to how Overhaul changes the way the player is drawn.

Hold the Crouch key (I recommend setting it to Left CTRL and rebinding Smart Cursor) to, well, crouch.
Stay still while crouching to charge a crouch jump, which is higher and faster than normal!
View attachment 193999

Move while crouching to start crawling! Your speed is reduced while doing this.
View attachment 194000

Press the crouch key while moving to roll! Rolling speed is increased by jump speed (like from frog legs).

Melee weapons deal 15% more damage and knockback while rolling!
Rolling down slopes increases your velocity and can allow you to be launched with ramps, just continue to hold the crouch key and the direction you're going!
View attachment 194001

Press and hold the crouch key while midair to start diving!
Your horizontal movement speed is increased while diving.
If you move while diving you will roll when you land, reducing fall damage by 100!
View attachment 206100

The Charm of Immunity is an accessory which gives you 20 invincibility frames at the start of your rolls! That's 1/3rd of a second or slightly under 1/2 the length of your roll.

Gold_Bar.png
x6 +
Emerald.png
+
Sapphire.png
@
Tinkerer%27s_Workshop.png
= View attachment 206102

Made with 6 Gold or Platinum bars, an Emerald, and a Sapphire at a Tinkerer's Workshop.

You can combine it with the cross necklace later too to make the Cross Charm!

View attachment 206102 +
Cross_Necklace.png
+
Hallowed_Bar.png
x6 @
Mythril_Anvil.png
= View attachment 206103

Made with a Charm of Immunity, a Cross Necklace, and 6 Hallowed bars at a Mythril or Orichalcum anvil.

The Shoes of the Blue is an accessory that allows you to do a spin dash just like in Sonic! Hold DOWN while crouching to charge up the dash! It also allows you to run fast.

Hermes_Boots.png
+
Red_Dye.png
+
Fallen_Star.png
x3 @
= View attachment 222678

Made with Hermes Boots, a Red Dye, and 3 Fallen Stars at a Tinkerer's Workshop.

You can combine it with the Cross Charm to make the Shoes of the Rolling Blur!

View attachment 222678 + View attachment 206103 @
= View attachment 222679

Made with Shoes of the Blur and a Cross Charm at a Tinkerer's Workshop

Here's an (outdated) video of the mod in action:

Latest Version:
Version 1.2
- Added Shoes of the Blur, now you can do a spin dash just like sonic!
- Added Shoes of the Rolling Blur, combination of Shoes of the Blur and Cross Charm
- Increased money value of Cross Charm and Charm of Immunity
- Reduced immunity frames granted from Charm of Immunity and Cross Charm from 24 to 20
- Tweaked tumbling physics and animation (rolling on a slope)
- You now tumble when you land with a dive
- You no longer get the melee weapon damage and knockback bonus towards the end of your roll

Version 1.1.2
- Multiplayer compatibility! Actually somewhat functional netcode!
- Charm of immunity now grants 24 immunity frames and the cross charm gives the cross necklace ability
Version 1.1.1
- Rolling down slopes now increases your velocity and can allow you to be launched with ramps, just continue to hold the crouch key and the direction you're going!
- Continuing to hold the crouch key after rolling then jumping will allow you to dive without having to let go and press the crouch key again
- Crawling on a slope makes you slant in the appropriate direction
Version 1.1
- Added Diving, pressing and holding crouch midair will make you dive, increasing your move speed and making you roll when you land if you are moving
- Added Charm of Immunity, an accessory that grants 12 immunity frames when you roll
- Added Cross Charm, and upgraded Charm of Immunity that grants 24 immunity frames when you roll
- Reduced fall resistance when rolling from 150 to 100 reduced fall damage
- Can no longer roll midair
- Legs now wiggle as you crawl.
- No longer make the running sound effect while rolling
- Crouching properly reduces max speed when wearing hermes boots
- Fixed crawling issues with reversed gravity
Version 1.0
- Initial Release
- Added Crouching, Crawling, and Rolling

View attachment 216708
Use this code in your signature for the banner:
Code:
[URL=https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/crouch-crawl-and-roll.66671/][IMG]https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/crouchcrawlandrollbanner-png.216708/[/IMG][/URL]

I downloaded the mod but when I crouch I clip through the ground going straight down.

Would it be possible to get this caught up to 1.4.4?

This was one of my all time favorites, none of the current mobility mods can recapture the experience of this one.

At any rate I will remember this mod fondly, for all the times I wove through danger and only survived because of the smooth movement you provided!

Back
Top Bottom