Crushing Pumpkin and Frost Moon events using Autofarms

Hmm, I've built everything, but the monsters aren't spawning in the spawn area... Everything is 100's of blocks off the ground, and on the ground below there's lava. They just aren't spawning at all.
0ReWp2l.png

if you want them to spawn in that are where the spear traps are, that is far too close you would have to move it further away, but i would recommend making the spawn area to the left or right of you and slightly higher so that you can summon your ravens above. This way would be more effective for the pumpking and ice queen

upload_2014-11-9_21-47-13.png

also ignore that little box with the golem spawner, i was doing tests

In Diceman's Horseman's blade farm, his spawning pad is within view of the box, I built it to the exact specifications, so it should be working...

OMG so many improvements since the last version i downloaded via TO. Stunning O_O U can farm all kinds of stuff in a convinient way, go fishing, get a bunch truffle worms, farm bosses and moons while watching tv and collect loot once in while. Love this map. Thanks for sharing!!!

awesome map!
but how can you pick up the items in your pumpkin moon farm?

I'd have to add a wire from the teleporter below the player box to one of the teleporters in the spawn area to escape the box and use the minetracks to get back to the raven area to collect items. I haven't done so yet since I just use a Rod of Discord when farming :).

Hmm, I've built everything, but the monsters aren't spawning in the spawn area... Everything is 100's of blocks off the ground, and on the ground below there's lava. They just aren't spawning at all.
0ReWp2l.png

Is the spawn surface out of view? It needs to be at least 36 blocks below the player. Also, is the surface below covered with lava over a stretch of 184 blocks?

Maybe you could provide a map download - I could check out what the problem might be because your basic framework looks to be correct.

EDIT:

In Diceman's Horseman's blade farm, his spawning pad is within view of the box, I built it to the exact specifications, so it should be working...

Hmm, perhaps it has to do with where you're standing? You'll need to stand on the middle platform of the box (where the spike is) and not on the bottom. The moment you move even 1 block below the middle platform the spawns will all stop. Maybe that's the issue?

OMG so many improvements since the last version i downloaded via TO. Stunning O_O U can farm all kinds of stuff in a convinient way, go fishing, get a bunch truffle worms, farm bosses and moons while watching tv and collect loot once in while. Love this map. Thanks for sharing!!!

Yes indeed, I added a massive amount of content to the map, including the huge chain farm :). Glad you're enjoying it, and thanks for the kind words! I'm working on many more projects so be on the lookout for subsequent downloads! Also, once 1.3 hits, I will focus much more on architecture instead of just engineering - I'll be taking that castle I have now and replacing it with something much more grand and elaborate to perhaps even rival some of the architecture our amazing resident architects have built. Should be tons of fun!

I'd have to add a wire from the teleporter below the player box to one of the teleporters in the spawn area to escape the box and use the minetracks to get back to the raven area to collect items. I haven't done so yet since I just use a Rod of Discord when farming :).

Is the spawn surface out of view? It needs to be at least 36 blocks below the player. Also, is the surface below covered with lava over a stretch of 184 blocks?

Maybe you could provide a map download - I could check out what the problem might be because your basic framework looks to be correct.

EDIT:

Hmm, perhaps it has to do with where you're standing? You'll need to stand on the middle platform of the box (where the spike is) and not on the bottom. The moment you move even 1 block below the middle platform the spawns will all stop. Maybe that's the issue?

I think that's it... I'll give it a shot, and update.

EDIT: Yep, moved the box up a bit and spawns work fine now. Thanks!

Last edited:

Dont put blocks inbetween those spears either or a mourning wood will climb up

Last edited:

Any updates on your progress? See if you can beat the 1:17am time. I think I might have chosen the wrong reforges for my accessories in my 1:34am run. I went with all violent, but given that there seems to be some sort of limit on the number of times you can hit mobs with one swing, and given that in my video for the Frost Moon Horseman's Blade autofarm I'm clearly not hitting all the mobs with each swing, it's probably the case that Menacing or Lucky are the better reforges. That might impact the final wave time a bit.

Eh, full menacing didn't do the trick. Don't have the same setup as you, or buffs either, so that would probably change a bit too.

Eh, full menacing didn't do the trick. Don't have the same setup as you, or buffs either, so that would probably change a bit too.

I'll see if I can break any records today - if I do, I'll post the video and update the Horseman's Blade semi-autofarm guide from the old forums. 1:34am for the final wave is definitely beatable.

I'll also try to beat the Frost Moon time for the autofarm in this thread. Haven't made a serious effort to do so before.

I use the steps for the Pumpkin Moon event on your newest map(11-22-2014), but I can't make it past half way without dying. I turn on the traps, anchor with hook, turn on the slime statue, then summon PM. Am I missing something? What am I doing wrong?

I use the steps for the Pumpkin Moon event on your newest map(11-22-2014), but I can't make it past half way without dying. I turn on the traps, anchor with hook, turn on the slime statue, then summon PM. Am I missing something? What am I doing wrong?

You're dying to the Mourning Woods since they gain damage priority over the slime during the event. To ensure that this doesn't happen, you have to summon the slime when there are no other mobs present in the world. Before the Moon event turn on the traps first, wait until they kill existing mobs, and then summon the slime. So long as the slime is summoned this way, it will gain damage priority over all other mobs throughout the event.

You're dying to the Mourning Woods since they gain damage priority over the slime during the event. To ensure that this doesn't happen, you have to summon the slime when there are no other mobs present in the world. Before the Moon event turn on the traps first, wait until they kill existing mobs, and then summon the slime. So long as the slime is summoned this way, it will gain damage priority over all other mobs throughout the event.

That's what was wrong. I turned the traps on too late, lol. All is good now, made it to the end :) Thanks for the help!

I tryed this exact set up but it aint working for me...the spear traps are 6 times slower as in the video. i am on ps4 dunno if thats the problem (dont think cause i saw a ps4 with exact same setup you made). I used this one and copied it as it is.I tryed to add a 1 sec timer to the birds but that didnt solve it.
JQnkbCu.jpg

I tryed this exact set up but it aint working for me...the spear traps are 6 times slower as in the video. i am on ps4 dunno if thats the problem (dont think cause i saw a ps4 with exact same setup you made). I used this one and copied it as it is.I tryed to add a 1 sec timer to the birds but that didnt solve it.

Can you clarify what you mean by the spear traps being slower? Each spear trap shoots out a spear every 2 seconds if hooked up to a 1-second timer, and the spear tips always move at a speed of 30 tiles per second. How many traps did you end up using in total? The number of traps needs to be under 1000 since the projectile limit in any world is 1000. And just to verify: are your spear traps actuated into the background, and are the actuators removed from the traps so that the traps stay in the background when activated?

Also, can you post a pic of your PS4 set-up? I wonder if there are any bugs on the PS4 that might prevent this set-up from working the way it should.

this guy had it working on ps4.

As you can see in my ss its terrible^^ and my upper spears stopped also on the upper legde (sorry for bad english) i also had to relocate the switch for teleport and the slime cause when I turned on the traps also my slimes spawned 1 time. and no the wires didnt
overlap eachother.
Terraria_20150211165313.jpg

this guy had it working on ps4.

As you can see in my ss its terrible^^ and my upper spears stopped also on the upper legde (sorry for bad english)

In your pic only the bottom spears in each spear trap column are firing, which suggests that either the upper spears are not hooked up to timers, or that the spear traps are not actuated and all but the bottom spear traps are blocked. Is that the case? Did you actuate all the spears into the background and did you then remove all the actuators? In your pic they don't look to be actuated.

I'm curious what the poster of the video meant when he/she said that the damage model on the PS4 was different.

hmmm thats new for me :) am pretty new to terraria and i thought i could just copy it....guess not. The actuated part i mean..they were all linked to the timer as in your setup.

hmmm thats new for me :) am pretty new to terraria and i thought i could just copy it....guess not. The actuated part i mean..they were all linked to the timer as in your setup.

Ah, OK so that's the issue then. No problem, you can easily fix it. Put actuators on the traps, activate them once to put them into the background (click each timer manually, wait a second for it to activate the traps, and then deactivate the timer), and then remove all the actuators. The traps need to be in the background so that they can fire through each other. It'll take a little work, but once it's done your farm will be ready to go!

Back
Top Bottom