tAPI CS's Crimson Curse Mod (Heavy WIP)

What kind of content should I focus on to start?

• Total voters
Thanks! Also, in the crafting area, what do I do for Copper of Tin and such? (How to I represent variables?)
For recipes, it'd be "g:Tier1Bar". The "g" is for crafting groups.
"g:Tier1Bar" - Copper/Tin
"g:Tier2Bar" - Iron/Lead
"g:Tier3Bar" - Silver/Tungsten
"g:Tier4Bar" - Gold/Platinum
"g:Tier5Bar" - Demonite/Crimtane
"g:HMTier1Bar" - Cobalt/Palladium
"g:HMTier2Bar" - Mythril/Orchicalcum
"g:HMTier3Bar" - Adamantite/Titanium
"g:Wood" - all wood types except spooky
"g:Sand" - all sand types
"g:Stone" - all stone types
If you want to make your own crafting group, it is addressed the same way as these ones are, you need to make a file in your main mod directory known as "CraftGroups.json". The code would be
Code:
{
    "itemGroups":
    [
        {
            "name": "CraftGroup", //Can be anything you want. This is the code in which you reference it, so no spaces.
            "displayName": "Craft Group", //Can also be anything you want. This is what shows up when you're actually crafting in-game.
            "displayItem": "AnItem", //This is the item that shows up as the crafting requirement. It can be a vanilla item or an item from your mod. This way, you can make an un-craftable item as the icon if you wish.
            "items":[ "AnItem", "AnotherItem" ] //These can be any items, also items from your mod. They are the items that are used if your recipe requires this group.
        }
    ]
}
Or if you were just asking how to address an item it's just "Item Name": 3. (3 Is just an example, it can be any number for any number of items that is required to craft it. That just means you'd need 3 '"Item Name"'s.

If you want to make your own crafting group, it is addressed the same way as these ones are, you need to make a file in your main mod directory known as "CraftGroups.json". The code would be
Code:
{
    "itemGroups":
    [
        {
            "name": "CraftGroup", //Can be anything you want. This is the code in which you reference it, so no spaces.
            "displayName": "Craft Group", //Can also be anything you want. This is what shows up when you're actually crafting in-game.
            "displayItem": "AnItem", //This is the item that shows up as the crafting requirement. It can be a vanilla item or an item from your mod. This way, you can make an un-craftable item as the icon if you wish.
            "items":[ "AnItem", "AnotherItem" ] //These can be any items, also items from your mod. They are the items that are used if your recipe requires this group.
        }
    ]
}
Or if you were just asking how to address an item it's just "Item Name": 3. (3 Is just an example, it can be any number for any number of items that is required to craft it. That just means you'd need 3 '"Item Name"'s.
Thanks. New version soon.

Code:
{
    "itemGroups":
    [
        {
        }
    ]
}
Atctually...
Code:
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No key "g:Teir5Bar" found
  at TAPI.WrapperDictionary`2.get_Item( key)
  at Terraria.Recipe.FindRecipes()
  at Terraria.Player.toggleInv()
  at Terraria.Player.UpdatePlayer(System.Int32 i)
  at Terraria.Main.UpdateReal(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)
What? Oops... Misspelled 'Tier'... -_-

Atctually...
Code:
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No key "g:Teir5Bar" found
  at TAPI.WrapperDictionary`2.get_Item( key)
  at Terraria.Recipe.FindRecipes()
  at Terraria.Player.toggleInv()
  at Terraria.Player.UpdatePlayer(System.Int32 i)
  at Terraria.Main.UpdateReal(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)
What? Oops... Misspelled 'Tier'... -_-
Is the dungeon blade supposed to be a muramasa upgrade, by the way?

Is the dungeon blade supposed to be a muramasa upgrade, by the way?
Supposedly. Next is Prime Blade.
Also, could you do a sprite for a rainbow slime crown?
And could you animate this?
ui2FaRP.png
(Jumping Animation)

Supposedly. Next is Prime Blade.
Also, could you do a sprite for a rainbow slime crown?
And could you animate this?
ui2FaRP.png
(Jumping Animation)
Done, aaaand- Done.
Slime Crown:
MHzGrL2.png

Animation(Based on King Slime's animation):
BFFYrlI.png

EDIT: I re-sprited some of the old sprites to look quite a bit better. Tell me what you think.
Cursed Set:
Cursed Sword:
mzVOzUo.png

Cursed Hamaxe:
3PJRIoP.png

Cursed Pickaxe:
4cnQP8Q.png

Ichor Set:
Ichor Sword:
d4GF2S5.png

Ichor Hamaxe:
2FYxv2c.png

Ichor Pickaxe:
sw3OV4C.png

And finally, the new dungeon sword:
wPGwg0R.png

Last edited:
Rather than an ichor greatsword, how about making it an ichor katana? I can sprite a cool katana design for it ^^

Done, aaaand- Done.
Slime Crown:
MHzGrL2.png

BFFYrlI.png

EDIT: I re-sprited some of the old sprites to look quite a bit better. Tell me what you think.
Cursed Set:
Cursed Sword:
mzVOzUo.png

Cursed Hamaxe:
3PJRIoP.png

Cursed Pickaxe:
4cnQP8Q.png

Ichor Set:
Ichor Sword:
d4GF2S5.png

Ichor Hamaxe:
2FYxv2c.png

Ichor Pickaxe:
sw3OV4C.png

wPGwg0R.png
Wow, actually, i'll put those in now.

I present to you the very first custom-smithed Ichor katana!
Faster and stronger than your average Muramasa, the Chorotana is a must-have!
0Eh8pmN.png

Just kidding, name it whatever you want, but please don't give it a boring name like "Ichor Katana."

Note: You cannot see the handle's outline if you are using the Underground theme.

I present to you the very first custom-smithed Ichor katana!
Faster and stronger than your average Muramasa, the Chorotana is a must-have!
0Eh8pmN.png

Just kidding, name it whatever you want, but please don't give it a boring name like "Ichor Katana."

Note: You cannot see the handle's outline if you are using the Underground theme.
Boring name...
Chronotana is fine, i'll throw up a new version in about 5 mins.

Done, aaaand- Done.
Slime Crown:
MHzGrL2.png

BFFYrlI.png

Cursed Set:
Cursed Sword:
mzVOzUo.png

Cursed Hamaxe:
3PJRIoP.png

Cursed Pickaxe:
4cnQP8Q.png

Ichor Set:
Ichor Sword:
d4GF2S5.png

Ichor Hamaxe:
2FYxv2c.png

Ichor Pickaxe:
sw3OV4C.png

wPGwg0R.png
If your not busy, could you sprite a vortex-style Venus Magnum upgrade?

I'm gonna spice that one up, by adding a double call to it. (Fungi Spores. :3)
Hey... Does it really take this long to code a copied boss? This mod won't be done forever... Unless you're doing other, important things. If they're important things, than I respect that, but i'm just anticipating Fungira so much!

Hey... Does it really take this long to code a copied boss? This mod won't be done forever... Unless you're doing other, important things. If they're important things, than I respect that, but i'm just anticipating Fungira so much!
Woops, being enslaved to Ulterraria right now.

Back
Top Bottom