Game Mechanics Ctrl+Click Inventory to Chest / Chest to Inventory

toeslap

Terrarian
There should be an option to ctrl click items from the chest to inventory and the other way around. Either ctrl click, or have an actual keybind option for it, along with the shift click (some of us rather keep everything than throw everything away, so the shift+click trash button is a little useless and would be beneficial for us to change what it does).
Thanks for reading

I definitely support this idea. To me, being able to quickly move things to and from chests is even more important than being able to quickly discard things. TBH I don't know why something like this wasn't added a long time ago.

I just spent 5 minutes creating a account to say this is absolutely game changing for me. I doubt the head honchos devs read these but I truly truly truly would love this. Before I had developed carpal tunnel (Due to a family history, not excessive gaming) It was annoying enough to have to drag and drop, but now it's to the point where I just delete everything I absolutely do not need to avoid repetitive stress. (Moving hand from side to side for minutes at a time, most of the game I need very little movement due to high mouse sensitivity, can't exactly do that with chests)

It would only take a moment of your time devs, please...There are a lot of people with and without disabilities who would love this change... please!!!

consoles could probably use R3/L3 clicks or something in the matter, even a combo click, like LT or L2 + some other button. It would be super easy to add

Another idea just occurred to me. Another idea for quick inventory work would be to make it so that a single fast click of the left button transfers the item clicked, and if the left button is held down and dragged, then the item can be moved manually like normal.
I would just love some changes to inventory to save time.

@Cenx ! C'mere! Read this! GOOD IDEA!
You have no idea trying to store my legendary terras that I raged. 72 broken hero swords in Terra Blades. SEVENTY-TWO!

I created an account for this forum just to show my support for this. I came into the game knowing that shift click was auto trash and that there was no way to instantly move an item stack in or out of chest, YET, I still deleted all kinds of stuff on accident trying to do a shift click shortcut.

I wholeheartedly support, at minimum, adding in the quick movement shortcut.
Shift click is such a bad spot for auto trash... It's almost as if its meant to be a cruel joke to anyone who's from a minecraft background hahahaha.
So yeah as a second I support the suggestion to replace the shift click with this functionality or better yet the ability to change the keybinds.

Just look at how wonderful and fun shift click to sell crap to shops is. Imagine that with normal inventory management!

I feel like this suggestion has been made a million times over.
It intuitive to have such a feature yet after all this time it still doesn't exist.

Right now, holding in left-shift when clicking on an item trashes it, unless my client is somehow unique. But not right-shift. Only left. It's weird. I play with the arrow keys, rather than WASD, and it's very noticeable. I wonder why this isn't a configurable key.

I wonder what would happen if, when we do hold in that "Trashing click-modifier" key, an actual trash can in a bubble would appear above the cursor to indicate that we're trashing an item instead of transferring an item, as per the objective of this thread. Because if we have a trash button and a chest-transfer button, they should NEVER be confused. I'm sure you can see why.

Yes. Absolutely needs to be a thing. I also really like the idea by @Coolgum15 and think that should also be added. And while we are throwing out ideas I think there should be a feature that allows you to mark items in your inventory to sell. When you get to an NPC you just need to press a button or click something like a "Sell" button to the right of the NPC's inventory to sell all the marked items. That way it makes for less time spent trying to sort out the stuff to sell and stuff to keep. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom