NPCs & Enemies Cultist NPC

Do you like this idea?

• Yeah! Terraria has been missing a cultist NPC.

Votes: 19 100.0%
  • Oh, hell no!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think he reminds me of the Wizard not the personally but the magic, I think the wizard was a wasted opportunity he could sell cool weapons, but he only sells stuff that is essentiel

I think he should only sell moon lord loot after you aquired it or else no on will farm him anymore

Somebody has probably done this already, but I'm sure mine is quite different.

CULTIST NPC
View attachment 174697
Requirements:
- Player must be in hardmode.
- Lunatic cultist must be defeated.
- Player must have at least 100 mana.
When enemies are near,
the cultist defends itself by inflicting the "Shadowflame" debuff to nearby enemies, similar to the inferno potion's effect. (View attachment 174698)
Animation:
CultistAnimation.gif

Quotes:
Everyday quotes:
-"Thanks for killing Castro. Who's Castro? Oh, that's just the crazy cultist with that weird mask. He was a pain."
-"You want to know who my master is? I'm sure you've heard of him. He's the moon lord!" (Before defeating moon lord)
-"I tried using a yoyo once. It didn't end well."
-"Are you questioning my merchandise?"

When lunar events are active:
-"You haven't killed the moon lord, have you? Why? No reason." (before defeating moon lord)
-"Go get <name of player>, master! YEAH! Oh, uh... How long have you been listening?
-"I've got to be honest, I really hope master kills you. No, no! I do like you, I just like master more." (before defeating moon lord)

When Mechanic is present:
-"Do you think <name of mechanic> could build a rocket ship for me? I want to go to the moon. No? too bad."

When both mechanic and goblin tinkerer is present:
-"I think I sense some romance between <goblin tinkerer> and <mechanic>."

After defeating Moon Lord:
-"Great. Who am I supposed to worship now? You? ...Yes? That was a joke. I wouldn't worship you to bring back master."
-"I feel depressed. Shame there aren't any therapists around these parts.

When living in the hallow:

-"Why is everything so colorful? And why did a unicorn try to impale me with it's horn?"

When wearing an ancient cultist mask:
-"It's YOU!!! Hey... Very funny, <player name>."

When clothier is present:
-"Do you think <clothier> could patch up my robe? I kind of caught it on fire."

When wizard is present:
-"I really like that <wizard> fellow. I wish Castro was more like him."

When wearing cultist clothes:
-"Have you decided to join my cult? ...No? Then get out of that costume!"
-"Are you trying to impersonate me, <random NPC name>? You aren't them? Well, who are you?"

During blood/pumpkin/frost moon:
-"What the heck? What's with the moon?!"

During solar eclipse:
-"I suggest you place a peace candle nearby. Why? Because the grim reapers are out tonight."

SELLS:
- Solar Tablet, for 45
GoldCoin.gif

- Rather than the clothier selling cultist clothes, the cultist NPC himself sells it for 10
GoldCoin.gif
a piece during halloween.
- Lunar flare for 5
PlatinumCoin.gif
(At night, AFTER defeating the moon lord)
- Last prism for 10
PlatinumCoin.gif
(At day, AFTER defeating the moon lord)
- Spectre Staff for 60
GoldCoin.gif

- Super mana potion for 1
GoldCoin.gif

- Super healing potion for 1
GoldCoin.gif

- Strange brew for 1
GoldCoin.gif

- Inferno potion for 5
GoldCoin.gif

- Obsidian skin potion for 5
GoldCoin.gif

- random boss summoning item 50
SilverCoin.gif
(for pre-hardmode summonings) (5
GoldCoin.gif
for hardmode summonings) (at night) (Celestial sigil and voodoo dolls not included) (thank you to MikhailMCraft for the idea)
I like the idea but what if the NPC was instead using the yellow robe already in the game ?

I like the idea but what if the NPC was instead using the yellow robe already in the game ?
The yellow robe you refer to is the solar cultist costume, and this Cultist is a lunar cultist, since he worships the moon lord, and is in the same cult as the lunatic cultist. Also, the lunar cultist clothes is also already in the game, sold by the clothier after defeating the lunatic cultist.
[doublepost=1502544616,1502544599][/doublepost]I like your idea, though.

The yellow robe you refer to is the solar cultist costume, and this Cultist is a lunar cultist, since he worships the moon lord, and is in the same cult as the lunatic cultist. Also, the lunar cultist clothes is also already in the game, sold by the clothier after defeating the lunatic cultist.
[doublepost=1502544616,1502544599][/doublepost]I like your idea, though.
Thanks !

I like this a lot and really enjoyed the quotes you have my full support

however i dont think he should sell lnar flare, last prism and spectre staff not even at an insanely high price, those weapons are meant to be grinded for. I often play as mage annd get SUPER frustrated trying to get the spectre staff but its all worth it

and what about names?
-Howl
-Lucifer
perhaps they could be genderless names like sam to keep everyone wondering whether its a boy or a girl

I don’t think they would hate the player or else why wouldn’t they attack you I think he would be lost or young

Back
Top Bottom