Working as Designed [ALL] Cultists dying by themselves?

Eudaimonia

Terrarian
Hi,
Couldn't find a fix online so here goes.
I have a world on switch where the cultists are dying by themselves. I keep having to reset the world to make sure all four are there (i don't want to fight them)
Basically every so often, my DPS reading goes from 0 to exactly 1000 and one cultist is slain (according to bestiary), usually I am at my base at world spawn, unarmed, I have no summons.
This has happened 8 times. I have only removed the dungeon roof.

It's annoying, any fixes/workarounds would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi,
Couldn't find a fix online so here goes.
I have a world on switch where the cultists are dying by themselves. I keep having to reset the world to make sure all four are there (i don't want to fight them)
Basically every so often, my DPS reading goes from 0 to exactly 1000 and one cultist is slain (according to bestiary), usually I am at my base at world spawn, unarmed, I have no summons.
This has happened 8 times. I have only removed the dungeon roof.

It's annoying, any fixes/workarounds would be appreciated. Thanks
Thanks for the report - I had a few followup questions:

* Could I request a video of this happening, as well as a picture of your player's position relative to the dungeon when the cultists die?
* Could I see what your dungeon looks like?
* What size is the world you're playing in? Is it a special seed?
* Are you in Singleplayer or Multiplayer? If multiplayer, are you the one hosting the session?
* Would you be able to send pictures of both your inventory and equipment slots (including any additional loadouts)?

Last edited:
Thanks for the report - I had a few followup questions:

* Could I request a video of this happening, as well as a picture of your player's position relative to the dungeon when the cultists die?
* Could I see what your dungeon looks like?
* What size is the world you're playing in? Is it a special seed?
* Are you in Singleplayer or Multiplayer? If multiplayer, are you the one hosting the session?
* Would you be able to send pictures of both your inventory and equipment slots (including any additional loadouts)
I can go get pictures of these now and I'll look out for it for a video (might have to watch at base for a while) I'll post them when I have them ready
It's a small world, seed is: 1.1.1.24228717145 single player only, have never brought any local or online players there

The pictures should be on this message
Internet_20230603_103824_3.jpeg
Internet_20230603_103824_2.jpeg
Internet_20230603_103824_1.jpeg

I mean, falling stars fall off-screen too, right? this is why sometimes one finds random herbs dropped on the surface. falling stars also do a whole lot of dmg too. however it's unusual to have them hit monsters off-screen because monsters only spawn near the player. the cultists are - I think - different though, because they are present there all the time post golem (except then the lunar apocalypse is already ongoing).
they have relatively low HP too, a falling star easily one-hit-KO one, if it hits them directly.

if you try to build some kind of roof above them, will that solve it? make it like at least 2 blocks thick, to avoid strange cases when falling stars somehow fell through the simple roof too.
I think that should solve it, but it's just a guess

I mean, falling stars fall off-screen too, right? this is why sometimes one finds random herbs dropped on the surface. falling stars also do a whole lot of dmg too. however it's unusual to have them hit monsters off-screen because monsters only spawn near the player. the cultists are - I think - different though, because they are present there all the time post golem (except then the lunar apocalypse is already ongoing).
they have relatively low HP too, a falling star easily one-hit-KO one, if it hits them directly.

if you try to build some kind of roof above them, will that solve it? make it like at least 2 blocks thick, to avoid strange cases when falling stars somehow fell through the simple roof too.
I think that should solve it, but it's just a guess
I've seen the damage on the display both day and night, and it comes up as my damage but I will put a platform up over them, thanks.

It hasn't happened again since I removed the torches at the dungeon entrance and I've been playing all day. I don't know how torches can hit for 1000, but hopefully it doesn't come back.

That's simply falling stars, they deal exactly 1000 damage and can damage enemies anywhere in the world.

That's simply falling stars, they deal exactly 1000 damage and can damage enemies anywhere in the world.
I have seen stars damage an enemy for around 1000 damage from an old video of someone fighting the eye of cthulhu with a fallen star hitting them for over 800 DMG

So the roof is there to protect the cultists from something like this

By the sounds of it, what is described here matches PC behaviour - the dungeon roof being removed is likely causing fallen stars to fall on the cultists. As such, this is currently working as intended on our version.

Back
Top Bottom