1. For issues you find with the Console 1.3 release, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    A FAQ with notes and workarounds can be found HERE. Please check this first to see if this helps your issue.

PC Cultists not spawning at Dungeon Entrance

Discussion in 'PC Bug Reports' started by Lxpu, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Lxpu

Lxpu Terrarian

Hello! So, when I was in pre-hardmode, I destroyed the whole entrance of the dungeon because I needed some bricks to prevent corruption from spreading in my house. Now that I'm in Hardmode, I saw that there is supposed to be some Cultists that spawns there after beating the golem and they aren't spawning. How can I probably fix that without creating a new world? I really wanna give the Lunar Event a try?

I tried to re-create the dungeon as best as I could and after 3 days in-game, they aren't spawning. Would it make a difference if I beat the Golem again?

2. TheFancyWisp

TheFancyWisp Terrarian

can we see a screen shot of how it looks now?

3. Lxpu

Lxpu Terrarian

[​IMG]

That's how i tried to re-create it.

4. TheFancyWisp

TheFancyWisp Terrarian

It was a good try but it isn't exact, now don't go trying to recreate it exactly either but a sure way of getting the lunar event is creating a new world and then making it post Golem. I know that it's a suckky process but it might even be better because then you have no change of your npcs getting killed. Other than that I really don't know why they aren't spawning.

5. *Viper*

*Viper* Terrarian

Cultists don't need a full dungeon entrance to spawn, all they need is a floor and enough room where the old man spawned in the world. This is a Planetoids map that doesn't even have a proper dungeon. I just had to dig out a small area where the old man's spawn point was, and they spawned almost immediately.
    Cultists_Scaled.png

Akumu, Tyro and Lxpu like this.
  6. WilliamD

WilliamD Terrarian

Yup,only enough room is needed to get the culists to spawn

7. Lxpu

Lxpu Terrarian

Is there a tool I could use to find out where the old man's spawn point is?

8. WilliamD

WilliamD Terrarian

He spawns at the entrance of the dungeon :/

9. Lxpu

Lxpu Terrarian

Well, i know that for sure but if that would be the case, the cultists would spawn, right?

10. *Viper*

*Viper* Terrarian

Terramap can show you where his spawn point was exactly. Just have to load the world, and if you want, go to Navigate - Dungeon to get it on screen. To find out exactly where the floor needs to be, go to view - properties, and look at the Dungeon X and Y values. You would need a block at that point and probably about 15-20 blocks in each direction from that point. If you have blocks within about 10 blocks above that point, then you're probably blocking off their spawn.

Also I just realized... Player placed walls will prevent spawns, so if any of your re-created dungeon walls are over his spawn point, they probably won't be able to spawn either. Might be worth it just to try removing those before trying the map viewer.

Lxpu likes this.
  11. Lxpu

Lxpu Terrarian

Alright, will remove the walls i've placed. I will keep you informed if things changes.

12. Lxpu

Lxpu Terrarian

I am not sure about the walls theory, but I can tell you that using Terramap to figure out where the Old Man's spawn point was actually worked!

[​IMG]

His spawn point was 20 blocks precisely above me, phew. I placed a torch where it is.

And so I started to make the platform, filled the space under and all of the sudden they appeared out of no where in day-time!

[​IMG]

So yeah, I wouldn't recommend digging the entrance of the dungeon, especially 25 blocs deep. :D:merchantgrin:

Treesmasher likes this.
  13. Treesmasher

Treesmasher The Destroyer

Good luck with the Lunar Events my friend! Cultist is not so easy when you first fight him, so be careful. Don't pull two noob moves in a row like I did, leaving first all my armor at home, and then leaving my pots at home the second fight.

14. Lxpu

Lxpu Terrarian

Oh, don't worry about it! I'll fight it just like the way I fight Eye Of Chutulu :D. But to be fair, I will desperately need help. If you wanna hop on and help me feel free to do it! :D

15. Treesmasher

Treesmasher The Destroyer

Sure! Add me on steam at crash199911! I will wipe it out for ya xD

16. Lxpu

Lxpu Terrarian

Alright, added. See ya in-game!

17. Xenogears666

Xenogears666 Terrarian

Cultist is pretty easy if you have the Vampire Knives (Thanks to life steal)

18. Lxpu

Lxpu Terrarian

Unfortunately, I do not have a crimson world, so I need to do another one and farm a key there. For the moment, I'm using a Solar Eclipse, Megashark with Chlorophyte bullets and a Meowmere I borrowed from the lovely Treesmasher. I was close for Moon Lord's second stage but I died when his eye in the head was at 2000/45000HP. I'll get those knifes soon.

19. Xenogears666

Xenogears666 Terrarian

Knives were the first thing I went for when I heard of the Biome chests. Just the thought of Life Steal was awesome. Although they aren't as useful in the later game as they don't deal nearly as much damage, making them not so useful as the Life Steal amounts to almost nothing when being constantly bombarded by whatever you are fighting at the time that can deal 50+ damage in one hit, since it can be a little difficult to dodge enemies and projectiles at times.

20. Lxpu

Lxpu Terrarian

It's easier to dodge enemies with a UFO, which is the only reason why i'm able to survive Moon Lord for a long period. Also since i'm more focused on melee weapons, i'd love to have those knifes BUT I also like to play ranged with the Megashark and hopefully borrow a Chain Gun from my other friend because with Chlorophyte bullets, each of them lands onto a target. Just the thought of it is amazing. With that I could deal a very high amount of damage. I've also been recommended to use a Master Ninja Gear + Star Veil.