Game Mechanics Cures for Debuffs

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
This is pretty much just a few ideas surrounding when Debuffs should be going away.

Liquids
Water and Honey removes the On Fire debuff. What about other debuffs that can be cured by dunking yourself in certain liquids?
Weak.png
Honey_Bucket.png
Weak could be cured with Honey. If it gives you a regen boost, the rejuvenation should bring your strength back as well.
Bleeding.png
Honey_Bucket.png
Bleeding would be cured with Honey as well. Bleeding's sole effect is losing HP regen. Honey gives you a regen boost. It only makes sense.
Chilled.png
Frozen.png
Lava_Bucket.png
Chilled and Frozen would be removed by touching Lava. Really. If that won't warm you up, nothing will.

Mutually-Exclusive Buffs
Some buffs/debuffs can't logically exist along with another. Certain Buffs and Debuffs should cancel certain other debuffs, and prevent them from being inflicted.
Honey_%28buff%29.png
>
Bleeding.png
Honey would cure and protect against Bleeding. See above.
Warmth.png
>
Chilled.png
Frozen.png
Warmth would grant resistance to Chilled and Frozen. It protects from cold, and this also makes up for the Hand Warmer's seasonal availability.
On_Fire%21.png
Cursed_Inferno.png
>
Chilled.png
Slow.png
On Fire and Cursed Inferno would remove and prevent Chilled and Slow. Being lit on fire's gonna to get you moving.

Immunity Items

Trifold_Map.png
Fast_Clock.png
Vitamins.png
Bezoar.png
Megaphone.png
Nazar.png
Blindfold.png
Adhesive_Bandage.png
Armor_Polish.png

If you're saying "You can already equip debuff immunity items to cure the debuff!" then let me explain. Equipping and unequipping an accessory to cure a debuff is inconvenient. (Yeah, that's probably an exploit, but there's no going around it, so we may as well embrace it.) Each of these items would have the additional ability of curing their respective debuff when used as an item. Their tooltips would be changed to "Use to cure [Debuffs]. Provides immunity when equipped."

If a Debuff Resistance mechanic (see thread for details) is implemented, then items that also provide resistance would be given the additional tooltip "Also provides resistance to [Debuff]." These debuffs would not be cured by equipping the item, but they would still offer protection when equipped. This would provide incentive to have these items equipped rather than just carrying them around in a Piggy Bank.

That's it for the suggestion. Feedback is appreciated!

I think there are some debuffs that just shouldn't be curable and properly penalises the player instead of them clicking a few times and returning to normal playstyle. Example being Broken Armour. Some sonofa:red: decided to inflict me with it before I faced Golem. That Golem fight was suddenly completely different.

Fortunately, I have no quarrels for the listed ideas despite my view above.

What of the subject of frostburn? Is it uncurable? It's either really hot or really cold...
Seeing as Frostburn is practically both really hot and really cold simultaneously (ice flames... yeah) it can neither be removed by trying to extinguish it in water, nor by exposing it to heat. It's special.

I think there are some debuffs that just shouldn't be curable and properly penalises the player instead of them clicking a few times and returning to normal playstyle. Example being Broken Armour. Some sonofa:red: decided to inflict me with it before I faced Golem. That Golem fight was suddenly completely different.
Imo, Armor Polish should provide resistance to Broken armor instead of full immunity (as in you would be 50% less at risk of sustaining it while having it equipped). Broken armor is just too severe of a debuff.

Logic=good. Support.

Just a small suggestion: cursed flames and ichor give immunity to each other, ie you cannot have both on at the same time. According to ancient mythology, ichor is holy blood, and the name cursed flames seems kinda "unholy". Also, as these are debuffs are kinda counterparts, it makes sense.

Also, being in the desert takes time off of cold debuffs, and being in ice biomes takes time of of heat debuffs (not including cursed flames).

Just a small suggestion: cursed flames and ichor give immunity to each other, ie you cannot have both on at the same time. According to ancient mythology, ichor is holy blood, and the name cursed flames seems kinda "unholy". Also, as these are debuffs are kinda counterparts, it makes sense.
Ichor is technically the blood of godly beings, but godly beings aren't necessarily "holy"' in some mythologies.

Logic=good. Support.

Also, being in the desert takes time off of cold debuffs, and being in ice biomes takes time of of heat debuffs (not including cursed flames).
i fail to see how this thing
Ichor_Sticker.png
is holy

Logic=good. Support.

Ichor could either mean the blood of godly beings (what SZ said) or pus.

Subtle, isn’t it.

Well, when you see it for the first time, you're probably going to say "holy crap, what is that!?"

On topic- I like the idea of cures for debuffs.
No I wasn't like "holy crap what is that?" I was more like "lol this thing is ugly"
but anyway i like most of these ideas

Well put together, and makes a lot of sense. Nothing like a refreshing dip into lava to get your blood flowing.

Just a little something: should accessories such as, say, the Lava Charm or Lava Waders protect against Chilled/Frozen and the like? Pretty hot boots you got there, if you know what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom