tModLoader Curly Brace Vanity

Miss Paralysis

Official Terrarian
Curly Brace is a character from Cave Story, and as my first mod, it add her antennae, and clothes as vanity items, and a little more. :dryadwink:

sU0SnTH.png

The download can be found in the tModLoader browser, by the same name as the title of the thread.
MHqhAsX.png

Robot Antennae: 10 Silver/Tungsten, 5 Wires.

N9zEaNw.png

Crop Top: 10 Silk

KC3KJcF.png

Cargo Pants: 10 Silk
This is my first mod, and I do not have much experience with scripting in general, but I am somewhat familiar with Javascript. I have been using @Annie Leonhardt's tutorials.

nhbe2xR.png

v0.1 Robot Antennae created
v0.2 Description in mod browser fixed
v0.3 - Changed crafting recipe from Robot Hat to any silver quality bars (10), and wires (5).
v0.5 - Added craftable shirt and pants. Added random drop.

Last edited:
Cool! You should add some crafting recipe for the Robot Hat, as it is absurdly rare.
I like the idea! Possibly thinking of reversing the recipe, making the antenna craftable out of a bar, though I haven't figured out how to make it craftable out of both tiered ore types, I don't want to make it impossible to get if the world doesn't generate ore A or B.

I like the idea! Possibly thinking of reversing the recipe, making the antenna craftable out of a bar, though I haven't figured out how to make it craftable out of both tiered ore types, I don't want to make it impossible to get if the world doesn't generate ore A or B.
Make 2 recipes, one for A, and another for B.

Make 2 recipes, one for A, and another for B.
I have managed to make it take both the ores, but not one or the other; I have tried seprerating the lines, but I keep coming up with errors about the brackets. Here's what I have right now.

ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.SilverBar, 10); //this is how to add an ingredient from Terraria, so for crafting this item you need 10 Dirt Block
recipe.AddTile(TileID.TinkerersWorkbench); //this is where to craft the item ,WorkBenches = all WorkBenches Anvils = all anvils , MythrilAnvil = Mythril Anvil and Orichalcum Anvil, Furnaces = all furnaces , DemonAltar = Demon Altar and Crimson Altar , TinkerersWorkbench = Tinkerer's Workbench
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.TungstenBar, 10); //this is how to add an ingredient from Terraria, so for crafting this item you need 10 Dirt Block
recipe.AddTile(TileID.TinkerersWorkbench); //this is where to craft the item ,WorkBenches = all WorkBenches Anvils = all anvils , MythrilAnvil = Mythril Anvil and Orichalcum Anvil, Furnaces = all furnaces , DemonAltar = Demon Altar and Crimson Altar , TinkerersWorkbench = Tinkerer's Workbench
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddRecipe();

I have managed to make it take both the ores, but not one or the other; I have tried seprerating the lines, but I keep coming up with errors about the brackets. Here's what I have right now.

recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.SilverBar, 10); //this is how to add an ingredient from Terraria, so for crafting this item you need 10 Dirt Block
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.TungstenBar, 10); //this is how to add an ingredient from Terraria, so for crafting this item you need 10 Dirt Block
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddRecipe();

Actually, scratch that, I figured it out. All I need now is to create a recipe for the vanilla Robot Hat.

hmmm... I like the idea of a vanity mod, I know it is your first mod, but I think it needs some more than just a hat.

hmmm... I like the idea of a vanity mod, I know it is your first mod, but I think it needs some more than just a hat.

I have been thinking about making their entire outfits but I'm not great at spriting, I have been talking with friends about it however.

Back
Top Bottom