Items Cursed Inferno Scythe, and Ichor Scythe

Do you like the ideas of having these items added to the game?

• Yes! sounds awesome

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • It's cool, I could live without it

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • seems a little extra.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Not good.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Comic Sans MS

Terrarian
iT's done this time

Terraria is full of all sorts of different weapons, swords, spears, guns, staffs, and many other weapons, but the weapon that seems the most unappreciated weapons, are scythes. Personally I think scythes are some of the coolest weapons, but they seem to be forgotten in many entertainment media. There are still scythes in Terraria, I just think that 2 scythes compared to hundreds of other melee weapons is a bit to small considering the coolness of the weapon. This is why I have decided to bring justice to Terraria, and suggest 2 new scythe type weapons. These scythes will be exactly the same except for crafting and the debuff they emit.

Cursed Inferno Scythe

this variant is the one available on Corruption worlds, and looks like this:
Corrupt scythe.png

The scythe would be crafting using
15 souls of night
20 Demonite Bars
20 Cursed Flames
5 Ectoplasm
(Mythril/orchalchum anvil)​
Ectoplasm is to assure that the weapon isn't obtained before plantera is defeated.
It has a yellow rarity, and deals 90 base melee damage, as well as fires a projectile, and inflicts the "Cursed inferno" debuff.
It can be sold for 25 Gold

Ichor Scythe
Crimson scythe.png

This is the variant for Crimson worlds.

Crafting it requires
15 Souls of night
20 Crimtane bars
20 Ichor
5 ectoplasm
(Mythril/orchalchum anvil)
It has a base of 85 damage, fires a projectile, and inflicts the Ichor debuff.

Cursed inferno projectile
Cursed projectile.png

Ichor projectile
Ichor projectile.png

The projectiles go forwards straight like say a terra blade beam, and leave a particle effect almost as if they had a flask for cursed flames or ichor..

Last edited:
I really like this idea, though the crafting recipe seems a bit too expensive. Maybe it should be 10 Ichor/Flames and 5 Ectoplasm? Also, the colours on the sprites seem like they should be the other way around (though the Ichor design reminds me of Specter Knight from Shovel Knight, so that's cool). It also seems a bit unbalanced that they would have the exact same damage despite the Ichor one having a much better status effect.

I really like this idea, though the crafting recipe seems a bit too expensive. Maybe it should be 10 Ichor/Flames and 5 Ectoplasm? Also, the colours on the sprites seem like they should be the other way around (though the Ichor design reminds me of Specter Knight from Shovel Knight, so that's cool). It also seems a bit unbalanced that they would have the exact same damage despite the Ichor one having a much better status effect.
Maybe 10 ectoplasm & 20 flames is a bit too much. Demonite and souls of night shouldn't be too hard to obtain. I'll edit the post rn and implement your feedback, thanks for pointing out my flaws. also, which sprites do you mean? The ichor projectile sprite isn't ideal though, I just did the best I could by just changing hue and saturation.

[Edit] I just made a new sprite for the ichor projectile lol it took like 5 seconds

Maybe 10 ectoplasm & 20 flames is a bit too much. Demonite and souls of night shouldn't be too hard to obtain. I'll edit the post rn and implement your feedback, thanks for pointing out my flaws. also, which sprites do you mean? The ichor projectile sprite isn't ideal though, I just did the best I could by just changing hue and saturation.
I actually meant the Scythe sprites when I said the colours should be swapped, my mistake for not explaining.

I actually meant the Scythe sprites when I said the colours should be swapped, my mistake for not explaining.
Oh, ok. I think they fit well the way they are, the corruption scythe is purple because demonite bars are purple, and the crimson scythe is red and black because crimtane bars are red and black

Oh, ok. I think they fit well the way they are, the corruption scythe is purple because demonite bars are purple, and the crimson scythe is red and black because crimtane bars are red and black
I guess that makes sense, though realistically, you'd think that the Flames/Ichor part would be the one you'd want to be hitting the enemies with, right?

I guess that makes sense, though realistically, you'd think that the Flames/Ichor part would be the one you'd want to be hitting the enemies with, right?
There's a projectile, and I tried adding flames and ichor to the blades, but that looked really bad

I like this idea! Definitely would add more variety to Hardmode Corruption/Crimson. I support! Also, I touched up your sprites so they don't have the white background anymore. Makes them look nicer.

Tingy2.png
Tingy1.png
Tingy3.png
Tingy4.png

I like this idea! Definitely would add more variety to Hardmode Corruption/Crimson. I support! Also, I touched up your sprites so they don't have the white background anymore. Makes them look nicer.

View attachment 207923 View attachment 207922 View attachment 207924 View attachment 207925
Thanks, The sprites were made with a transparent background but I copied the image so I think that has something to do with it.
In retrospect I should have saved them when i put them in

I feel like the magic class needs some more debuff-inducing weapons.

Although I would increase the crafting ingredient requirements, like so:
15 souls of night
at least 20 or 30 crimtane/demonite bars (easy to get)
at least 20 ichor (I always get 1 full stack in about half an hour)

I'd also give the Cursed Scythe a little more damage to be more on-par with the Crimson counterpart because Corruption stuff is mostly weaker, so why not increase its damage? It already has the downside of not lowering enemy defense by 20 or 40, which is a MASSIVE boost to damage.

I feel like the magic class needs some more debuff-inducing weapons.

Although I would increase the crafting ingredient requirements, like so:
15 souls of night
at least 20 or 30 crimtane/demonite bars (easy to get)
at least 20 ichor (I always get 1 full stack in about half an hour)

I'd also give the Cursed Scythe a little more damage to be more on-par with the Crimson counterpart because Corruption stuff is mostly weaker, so why not increase its damage? It already has the downside of not lowering enemy defense by 20 or 40, which is a MASSIVE boost to damage.

Since it's feedback that I've been getting a lot I'll make some slight changes, though if you have an alternative recipe that makes it impossible to obtain it before plantera is defeated.

There are Flasks of Ichor and Flasks of Cursed Flames, is there not?
There is a lack of scythes, which are arguably the coolest weapons ever, is there not?
Flasks also don't have a permanent effect, and yes, I use flasks, I recognize that this would make those flasks useless. This would still provide an advantage, because one can't apply more than 1 flask at once you can use a different flask instead.

Yay, Scythes! Good thinking, m8. Just saying, there could be a 'True' version or a fused one that inflicts both debuffs.

The Terra Blade is super great and worth getting. It does about 200 damage with hardmode melee armour (such as Hallowed Armour), so what would the True Scythe's stats be?

Heh, sudden question. Tbh I suck a lot on deciding weapons/armors stats. But I'll try to balance it out.
Damage:
-Scythe = 86 Melee DMG
-Projectile = 44 Melee DMG, plus CI DoT
ATK SPD:
Scythe swings every 3 seconds, and every 45° it shoots out a Cursed Inferno projectile. So it shoots out 2~3 projectiles every swing, but to get it to hit a single enemy, you might die.
Crit Chance:
15% for scythe, 20% for projectile
Knockback:
-Scythe = High
-Projectile = None
Tooltip:
Your body feels warm, strangely.
Damage:
-Scythe = 68 Melee DMG
-Projectile = 20 Melee DMG, plus Ichor effect
ATK SPD:
Same as TIS
Crit Chance:
18% for scythe, 23% for projectile
Knockback:
Same as TIS
Tooltip:
You suddenly feel like you're the strongest.
Welp, I'm not related to Comic Sans or anything, but this is to answer @Sothopery

Back
Top Bottom