Official Custom Fonts in 1.3.5+

As of 1.4, you don't need to do that anymore since you can use texture packs for it. As I'm not entirely sure how to do so, I'm sure you can ask the forums
Don't need to do what? I know that you can place the font.xnb files into a texture pack and access it through the texture pack menu now.

Would love to make a Wing Dings challenge pack, but I just don't understand this program yet

can you help me to use this ? i have no idea how to use it to making font. Thanks
There is a standalone dynamic font generator that has been released. You can grab that here.
Once you have that, you will need to find (and install) the fonts you want to use.
Also, you will need to find and install the fonts specific to international characters (try Noto Sans as a replacement), but you really should be looking for English if that is your focus.

Then using the example .dynamicfont text file, replace the English font title with the font title of what you want to use. (If your font says "Noto Mono" in a text editor, for example, you will need to use "Noto Mono".) Set the font size, readable but not too big.

Then take note on what fonts are used:
-Item_Stack: this is the numeral in the corner of itemboxes that denote the amount of a stack
-Mouse_Text: tooltips, flavor text, UI items not concerning titles
-Title_Font: UI items concerning titles, but not UI options
-Death_Text: UI main menu and options, the "You are slain..." message
-Combat_Text: Damage numbers
-Combat_Crit: Damage numbers that are a critical hit

You need to save your resulting textfiles as the extension .dynamicfont

Once you have everything set, place these textfiles in the same place you've unpacked the Dynamic Font Generator. If you don't get an error, you will get the results in .xnb format.
You will need to then copy the .xnb results to the Resource Packs folder. To make a resource pack, you will need to read the guide to making one.
The specific directory to place these files is:
- My Documents/My Games/Terraria/Resource Packs/(any named folder)/content/fonts
-- Make these folders if there aren't any.

I hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom