Maps Custom Map Struggles with Teleportation Potions

Jujuace

Terrarian
Hello everyone, first post on the forum here. I wanted to make a Battle royale style pvp map with tons of rooms laid out filled with weapon drops and the like. My original idea was to startoff players with a couple of teleportation potions and have them randomly meet each other on the inside of the map. However, for some reason, teleportation potions seem to just never work, I have often downed about 100~200 without ever teleporting, even going so far as to create huge pockets of space to teleport onto in my world. I tried using both a tedit world, and using a real world and deleting everything out of it and neither worked. In both scenarios i made sure to move the dungeon as well in case that was an issue and in tedit checked skeletron and plantera has defeated but still to no avail.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    6 KB · Views: 148
So, if someone was curious or would like to fact check this I would appreciate it, but after a couple more hours of testing i found out that telportation potions actually always teleport you to a place on a slope, and tedit created worlds dont inheriently slope any bnlocks, making the potion useless without hammer or sloping in the program. I am even so tempted as to go and edit the wiki for this information, but if someone could fact check this harder than i did with using about 30 on a random test world that would be great. but it appears that you only can ever teleport from the potion onto a slope even if just one foot touches the slope

So, if someone was curious or would like to fact check this I would appreciate it, but after a couple more hours of testing i found out that telportation potions actually always teleport you to a place on a slope, and tedit created worlds dont inheriently slope any bnlocks, making the potion useless without hammer or sloping in the program. I am even so tempted as to go and edit the wiki for this information, but if someone could fact check this harder than i did with using about 30 on a random test world that would be great. but it appears that you only can ever teleport from the potion onto a slope even if just one foot touches the slope
You can slope blocks in t-edit by checking the boxes to the right

Back
Top Bottom